main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Wow, had never considered him for Plagueis before but...that really works. I could genuinely envision that, nice choice.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Inspired choice, but yeah, like anybody would ever be able to get Dirty Harry in blue face make-up and red-colored contact lenses! You feelin' lucky, there Jordan? Because by the Force, I sure wouldn't be. ;)

3. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Voldemort and Hades. More than capable of playing Tarkin. Good choice ;)

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Don't forget Amon Goeth! My favorite movie villain.

5. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Schindler's List... Right. How could I forget that? My bad. ;)
    Edit: I also liked Fiennes in The Reader, although he was the protagonist.

6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Jude Law as Clovis?

[​IMG]

7. Hurricanejedi

Hurricanejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2013
    Hey guys, does anyone know any updates on the Live action series, before lucasfilm was sold there was a lot of talk about it and that they had 50 episodes written but it was too expensive to make. What are the chances of it being made now? I love the idea of a show set between 3 and 4 set on coruscant mostly dealing with the empire building up their power. Characters like Boba fett/embo/hondo would be great.
    I just like the idea of Star Wars every week.

8. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Got postponed and more than likely will not happen anytime soon. Disney is working on developing another Star Wars television series but most likely it takes place inbetween ep. VI and VII.

9. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Yeh i kinda think because they are disney, doing a game of thrones meets the wire in space wouldnt happen now with their image.......dislike.

10. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    If you want to know what a live-action Star Wars series would be like in terms of production values, writing and acting quality, and tone, all you'll have to do is watch Agents of SHIELD. It'll be like that, except with less black three-piece suits and more lightsabers.

pronker likes this.
  11. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    I would rather the lightsabers. But i would want a really dark star wars show. More sex and Violence like GOT.

spicer likes this.
  12. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Well I am not sure if that much sex and violence is suitable for Star Wars, but I definitely agree about a dark SW show.

13. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I would like something a little darker then say the Prequels, but not too dark. To me the New Jedi Order books were just depressing. Something a little lighter then those. Would love to see a series based in part on the X-Wing series of books.

14. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  15. Hurricanejedi

May 8, 2013
    Yeh i meant GOTs style. Not necessarily with sex. I dont want to see naked aliens.

16. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I was never sure about this Underworld thing. With Star Wars atmosphere and TV budget, I´ve got impression that it might look like net of 19th century opium ridden bars with some space travel between planets of the week. Since the saga was never based on neither unpredictable science-fiction concepts, nor speculative thought, they would really need a) really charismatic characters, b) usage of the Force, not discarding Light and Dark, but without specific Jedi or Sith worldviews and c) room to expand - this might be a little tricky part, but I would like to sometimes see enviroment that would be radically diferent to way how was GFFA presented to this date with more philosophies and lifestyles.

17. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    Speak for yourself.

18. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    If Rebels ends up disappointing, I'd like to see Underworld. I loooved how dark NJO was, and would love to see that on screen.

pronker, spicer and 07jonesj like this.
  19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Eventually, this will probably happen. But Disney might wait until after Ep VII is released.

20. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

The NJO wasn't dark, it was just full of wanton destruction.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The idea of a "Deadwood meets the Sopranos" type of show with Star Wars settings is very interesting. Having watched the Star Trek shows growing up I always wanted a Star Wars version for TV, Underworld was supposed to provide this.
    Problem is that Disney will likely tone it down to appeal to more people, when it seems as though Lucas wanted this to appeal to the older SW fans and have darker more adult themes the movies being family orientated didn't have.

But if they use the existing scripts it could be good, just lower in budget and in content.

22. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    The ST:DS9 program had a great deal of darkness, plus intriguing story arcs. I would like something in this vein for Star Wars on TV. It seems like 2014 will be the year of the animated, though, so I'll have to wait.[face_monkey]

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We have a live action thread. Merged

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Way back when George Lucas announced that Lucasfilms was working on two new television series. One was based off the period the Clone Wars, following Plo Koon and his padawan Ashoka Tano. That show went though some changes and eventually aired with five successful seasons before in ended (with bonus content still coming out).

But the other series about the criminal underworld of the GFFA has pretty much disappeared from the public eye. No one has heard about it or seen anything really since it was announced. I am talking about Star Wars: Underworld.

Now let us get to business. Could the Underworld TV show work in a post-Disney Star Wars. Now we have the Rebels animated series coming and that is probably all we will be getting with the Dark Times era for right now but could the show head to another era, say the post-ROTJ. Or even possibly could the 50 to a 100 scripts be remade into a comic/book series. What are your guys opinions?

25. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    This might work better to be moved to the TV forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.