main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO EA hints at new Battlefront game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The Hellhammer, May 24, 2013.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    spicer likes this.
  2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    With the fact that EA are already willing to talk about Star Wars games come their E3 conference I wouldn't be surprised if a team at DICE has been assigned to finish off First Assault under the title of the Battlefront franchise.

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    It wouldn't be a surprise to get battlefront 3 now. And speaking of "traditional" SW games, first thing that comes to mind is JEDI KNIGHT!!!!!

4. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Give us X-Wing / TIE or give us...other stuff. But seriously, give us some quality games.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Battlefront 3? YES a dream come true

Darth Dnej likes this.
  6. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Another Battlefront is fine by me. Hell, bring on sequels to Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron, Republic Commando or even another RTS (though I haven't played much of EAW sadly).

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Please do give us a new Battlefront, but only after an appropriate amount of beta testing. :p

8. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I can't understand why LA cancelled 3 in the first place, or why they never went back to it.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I mean look at how much FPS and TPS gaming has exploded on consoles since 2006. A Star Wars: Battlefront in 07/08 would have absolutely dominated the videogames market. We should be on Battlefront 6 or 7 by now!

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. All the footage I've seen of the in-development 3 looked incredible, especially the part with the Actis starfighter going up from the ground to the space battle. It looked perfect, like what Star Wars games have always been meant to look and feel like.

9. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    "This is a proud day."

Darth Vader likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes, yes it is

Darth Dnej likes this.
  11. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    They did go back to it - First Assault was to 'test the waters' for a full-scale BFIII, which was under development under the code name of "Version Two". It was being built all the way up to LA's closure, when the project was canned. If Disney didn't buy LFL, we would have had a BFIII announced by now.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  12. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Battlefront? I want Jedi Knight and more epic adventures starring Kyle Katarn...

Evil_King_Wiggins likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Battlefront more important :p

Thefinalhack and Joe Antonetti like this.
  14. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    It may have, but didn't pan out that way sadly. Though, if they come out with a BFIII in the next year or two, I think it will still be huge - look at the current FPS market now - dominated by COD, which is already X years old and has no real new gameplay since the original, or BFIII, which is made by DICE, and is really similar in many ways but much more realistic and balanced than COD. I think a product which strives for a great gameplay experience and has enough in it to differentiate it from the "standard" FPS's that have flooded the market recently it will do very well, even more so than it will just because of the title alone.

15. rhinotaz

rhinotaz Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2013
    Hope it is good like the other Battlefront franchise games, thought i was more focused at Star Wars 1313, which was cancelled. >:L