main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Poor Obi! Pesky Anakin! I must go write more romps right now :D Hmmmmm... wet... Or really wet...

If only Obi had done some interrupting of Anakin, maybe we would've had a different ending

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh boy - you writing that, or should I do a "Whacked U"?

serendipityaey likes this.
  3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Do a Whacked U! Do a Whacked U! My muse was crushed, ground into tiny pieces and blasted to Oblivion!

4. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi-livion you mean.

5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Sounds like heaven, i wish! XD

Hey, A romp in the hay keeps the Dark Side away! :D

ruth baulding likes this.
  6. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Nice.... no particular reason....

7. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010

Yeah, that scene in Ruth's latest...I know what you mean about a cold shower..I would have loved to read the draft before you "tone" it down...;)

8. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL! I love this thread and I want to marry it :D

Pensive Padme and serendipityaey like this.
  9. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Attachments are forbidden, Eryndil.

Pensive Padme and serendipityaey like this.
  10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Actually, we had to rein him in for his own good - Master Dooku would have been LIVID had he walked in on the first draft, and possibly tripped on a discarded garment or two. It's better this way. Truly.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Sensible love affairs only! Either from afar or requited :D

12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    One of these days I might try my hand at a proper Obi-romance fic. Though I'm considering introducing it into my current fic but its choosing who is adequate to use and whether they would really fit into it. Siri or Satine?

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Personally, I think Siri is a much better fit than Satine for Obi-Wan in general. I think they would understand each other better, and be more of a match. :)

Eryndil and Valairy Scot like this.
  14. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Having at this point tried both, I must say either is fun, the common theme seeming to be abundant verbal abuse as a means of veiling the mutual attraction.
    But if you want ot strike into new territory for Obi-mance, you'll have to look in unlikely places. I mean, Siri Satine, several lovely OCs, handmaidens, Padme, Qui-Gon, Quinlan Vos, Anakin.... it's all been done before.
    But NOBODY has tried Obi-Wan x Jar-Jar Binks. (Obinks? JarbiWan?)
    Just saying.

15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    What's 'proper Obi-romance'? Or what kind of romance do you want to write?

16. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    It all started on Naboo.
    "What's /this/?" Obi-Wan sniped, regarding the tall and handsome stranger with a strange flutter of excitement. He could not help but notice that their new acquaintance was even taller than Master Qui-Gon.
    "One of the natives," the Jedi master informed him, with a tight smile that said, I do not think he is your type, Padawan.

Angelnumber25 and Pensive Padme like this.
  17. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    At that inexpressibly beautiful moment, it felt like it was just they two in the Bongo, alone within the intimate embrace of its bulbous confines, floating on an ocean of unexplored feelings....

Pensive Padme likes this.
  18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh my... :p I'm not sure Jar-Jar could match Obi's wit in a mutually satisfying way...

I generally don't think of 'abuse' going with *romance* :p just me

19. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    But theirs was a doomed love.
    "Do you hear that?..... That is the sound of me breaking off any portion of your anatomy that comes within an half-parsec of my padawan."

20. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    ruth baulding: those Obi/Jar Jar posts and pics are TOO funny! [face_laugh]

21. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    It has potential, maybe? The plot bunny is up for grabs!!!!
    I think Jarbiwan is going to set fanfic on FIRE!

22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a matter of the plot though in this case. Obi-Wan isn't very into Jedi at the moment so if Siri is used she could potentially become a casualty and I'm sure I would get lynched if I went and did that on this thread!! My problem with writing Siri also is that I have no source material for her to look back on and examine her character (though I'm sure the fics that you guys write are accurate portrayals, without knowing her, she becomes a harder character to grasp).. Satine is the only one that I have source material for and in this current fic she may fit the story better if I choose to bring her in.

Obi-Wan and his ladies...

I wonder what would happened if they all met together and started talking to one another. Would they even get along with each other?

Basically a story focused solely on the love aspect, developing and nurturing a relationship. Though I don't think I can write romance because I prefer plot, action, adventure and romance as a secondary thing...

serendipityaey likes this.
  23. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

So a more positive depiction of a romantic relationship, as opposed to an angsty unfulfilled sort of quasi-relationship? Not that even positive, fulfilling relationships don't have their bumps of course :) You have a good point about writing Siri in this situation - I've actually never read any of the eu canon with Siri, so I don't 'know' her character either firsthand, I've only gone off of all the fanfic I've read, which worked okay for me, but everyone is different of course. But it is possible! (assuming I did an okay job with Siri)

If you have Obi straying from or disagreeing with the Order, I think that's a really great opening for him to be with, contact, spend time with Satine. The problem with them is that they have a lot between them, and I think it would take a lot of work for them to have a good relationship that works - but that could be really gratifying and interesting to write, and good for the characters as well, so that might be fun. I think if they had some big obstacle to overcome together, along with having to redefine their own duties, they could have the chance to grow really close. Just thoughts! :) OC's can be really fun to write as well, as you can really develop a full character, personality and history, and I think it's a great way to really explore canon characters and what-ifs :)

hlc88 and ruth baulding like this.
  24. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]"Relax. You're sweating."
    "I haven't seen him in ten years, Anakin."
    "So?"
    "So... doesn't that imply that we're locked in an unfulfilled angsty quasi-relationship?"
    "I dunno, Master.... do you really think that mullet is gonna help?"
    "It is a Gungan style, my young friend. evocative of the seductively drooping head-flaps worn by young lovers in thier indigenous culture."
    "You read too much, Master.. and I don't think Jar Jar is that subtle to begin with."
    "....Oh. Yes."

Valairy Scot likes this.
  25. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    That would be a fun fic, Obi-Wan and his ladies all in one room...:D