main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No way Warriors be up 2-0. They lost game 1 by 22 points. They should be tied.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you're thinking of the grizzlies and no they shouldn't. please stop it.

3. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Oops. Sorry. My mistake.
    Well sorry for one simple mistake. tom. Happens to all of us at least once.

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    no problem and it wasn't that. i already went on a rant in this thread about the "should be's" and the "what ifs" that go on all the time in the playoffs. it's a pet peeve of mine. and in this series it's not even at all appropriate. the pacers got beat in game 1 by a great player making a great play. the pacers were only in overtime because of paul george's miracle shot, and if anyone almost blew that game it was the heat when wade fouled george on a shot from 12 feet behind the three point line. to say they should be up 2-0 now is just kind of insulting to both teams.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Nope. No team should be up 2-0 with the D on the final play of game one.

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    actually i think the only argument that they should be up 2-0 hinges on the thought, "if only they had played better d on that last play". because if they had played great d and lebron hit a much tougher shot there wouldn't be any argument. regardless, it's ridiculous.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    It's cool. I know how that is. I do the shoulda woulda coulda game a lot and know how irritating it can be if discussed enough times. I just don't like the Heat and would like nothing else than for them to be eliminated. Down 2 instead of tied at 1 win a piece would make me feel more confident.

9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Will the Heat or LeBron be considered a failure if they don't repeat?

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    one man does not a team make.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am on that documentary like maggots on a corpse.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Can someone with a lot more skill than me please make a gif or YouTube video that puts Wade's flying elbow from game two into a WWE ring? Please? Bonus points if you turn it into the People's Elbow. Triple bonus points if it's Dusty Rhodes bionic elbow.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well... watching this replay of it, from the back it is very much not his elbow but his forearm.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    good one brewing in memphis.

16. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    In a word ... Epic

LloydChristmas likes this.
  18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, miami seems like they aren't ready to give up home court completely yet.

i didn't get to watch this game, so i'm curious: how many dubious calls have there been in this game?

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    a normal amount i would say. i'm more disappointed that we didn't get another good game than i am that the heat won.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea. but that's what the heat have in them. if they're on... i don't know who stops them. i mean, five turnovers the entire game? that's kinda crazy.

i remember when i looked at the score earlier, and saw that it was 70 for the heat at the half, my initial thought was how the hell do you manage that?

next game will probably be a lot better.

EDIT

and as usual, barkley has the best insight into the game.

at least shaq didn't ruin the show like everyone was afraid he was going to. i think he's kinda added to things a bit. definitely not what i was expecting out of it.

21. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    It was bizarre how similar this was to the Spurs/Warriors Game 3. In that series, the Spurs won Game 1 at the last second and then lost Game 2. Even though the series was tied 1-1, Golden State had clearly been the better basketball team for 96 minutes, and it looked like Golden State was the smart pick. Then in Game 3 on the road the Spurs won convincingly and reminded everyone who they are.

Speak for yourself; Shaq is an embarrassment, and his observations are completely pedestrian, when you can even understand what the hell he's saying. He's charming and charismatic when he's scripted--the Buick commercial, for instance--but he's absolutely dreadful off-the-cuff. Webber was infinitely better.

22. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    The flopping. Oh Mylanta*...the flopping.

*"For fast, effective relief."

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    As the Spurs wrap this up, remember this happy thought:

LeBron James is 0-2 lifetime in NBA finals against teams from Texas.

24. Jedi Mind Trick30

Jedi Mind Trick30 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2013
    I'm really happy we're probably gonna be a Spurs - Heat finals...it's just gonna add another chapter to someone's career. Either Tim Duncan becomes officially the greatest PF of all-time (if he isn't already), or LeBron gets his 2007 Finals revenge against the same team that beat his lowly Cavs.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    dunno how much attention i'd give to that at this point inty. the spurs beat him because he had a rather bad team that he literally dragged there, and the mavs... well, let's just say that the heat weren't quite ready yet that year. comparing either team to the current heat, there's absolutely no question which is the better team lebron has been on. and then he's also kinda figured a few things out. like how not to shrink under pressure for instance?

either way, it'll be a helluva series. assuming they make it past the pacers.

i'd probably say duncan has fairly safely assumed that title, given what he managed to do this year. and he'll probably be near the same level next year, possibly a couple more.