main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mace Windu in Star Wars: Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, May 25, 2013.

?

Should Mace Windu be in Star Wars: Rebels

1. Yes

21.5%
  2. No

78.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Not sure what happened to the original thread but I was wondering what people think about Mace Windu returning in the Rebels series. A return by Mace Windu wouldn't be that big of stretch compared to Darth Maul's "resurrection" and plus, he's a pretty popular character.

Thoughts?

2. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

3. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Definitely not, he can stay dead.

Zabrak 3 and Darth Dnej like this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No thanks, keep him dead

Zabrak 3 likes this.
  6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Like I said, I had no problem with Maul returning because Maul shouldn't have died in the first place, and because of that he became one of the best, if not the best bad guy in the show. Mace Windu's death had a purpose and a meaning as the true beginning of the end for the Jedi, and the great Purge. He cannot come back, I would be adamantly against it.

7. ac4155

ac4155 Jedi Knight

May 11, 2013
    I hope he stays dead. At the moment, it feels like anyone with a name and some fan recognition cannot be killed. Those that are magically come back only a short time later.

Zabrak 3 likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Sure, if the writers want to prove that they're not capable of creating original characters that can stand toe-to-toe with the film saga characters.

Did Maul work well? Yeah. Did they in any way explain his survival? No. Could his role have been played by Savage alone? Yeah.

If they wanted to use Mace Windu, they should've have given him more episodes on TCW.

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
  10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'd actually be open to it, after all he only fell out a window. It's more likely than Maul or Boba surviving.

But yeah, a lot of people would probably dislike it, call it cheap, etc.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  11. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well they never technically found a body so its not impossible but lets just assume he faded into the force. I mean if Maul's death can get reversed then I suppose practically anyone can escape.

12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Maul had a good explanation for returning. I dont think they could come up with a belivable one for Mace Windu.

13. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    He got cut in half for fraks sake how is there a good justification for surviving that? Mace on the other hand got blasted out a window using a timed force push should be totally able to not die on landing. Although, note I think mace should stay dead.

Zabrak 3, spicer and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I was under the impression that the Force Lightning Sidious used to blast Mace out the office window was so powerful as to kill the Korun Jedi Master instantly. Remember, you can see Mace's skull light up when he took the brunt of the attack. If he didn't immediately die then, he'd surely have after being tossed outside as I don't think he'd have his wits about him after the electrocution enough to save himself from the fall. Plus, unlike Maul, he's not immersed in the hatred of the Dark Side enough to (somehow) keep himself alive after what should have been a lethal setback.

Maul: "Naboo was merely a setback."
    Yeah...
    Please let Mace Windu rest in peace, no more need to resurrect dead characters, alright? [face_peace]

15. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    All I am saying is my hatred was strong is not a good reason to survive bisection. Its kinda of unclear when Mace dies but in general no body leaves an opening that I doubt will be used. Although I could see palpatine running a cloning/breeding program where he gets DNA from jedi to try to create some super sith soldiers.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes! If Maul can survive then so can Windu, it'd be awesome to see him return.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If Windu returned then what would have the point of Order 66 if Jedi can somehow come back from the dead

18. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm of mixed feelings on the idea. On the one hand, like Maul, Mace's role in Star Wars saw what could be considered its natural conclusion. His death was the moment that finally pushed Anakin over the edge, it was the first true appearance of Darth Sidious in all his might, and it was a rather symbolic beginning for the coming Jedi Purge. His death was effective, and for those who enjoyed his character, a rather poignant end for a man who'd taken it upon himself to keep his world from crumbling.

On the other hand, when the situation is looked at through realistic lenses, there's honestly no reason why Mace needs to have actually died at the conclusion of the duel. He'd lost his hand, which we've seen happen a number of times without the risk of the wound being fatal; lightsabers cauterize the injury, stemming bloodloss and possible infection. He'd been hit by Force lightning, and though I'm sure that caused it's own significant amount of pain and suffering, Mace was still quite alive as he was pushed from the window. And then there's that fall: Mace fell downward into active skylanes, where there's a not unreasonable chance he could have landed roughly but safely in a passing speeder or on top of another vessel, especially with the use of the Force to guide his fall, similar to Anakin's feat in Attack of the Clones.

I don't want Mace to return, per se, but it would open up the potential for a number of interesting storylines. Mace is a man of the Republic, and that's an era that's passed him by, despite his best efforts. Does this failure manifest as guilt, or harden into a new resolve? What role does someone like him have in the new galaxy? Would he run and hide, attempt to safeguard the surviving Jedi, or would he take a more aggressive approach to the Empire's activities. And what sort of confrontation would ensue if Mace and the fully-embraced Sith Lord Darth Vader were to meet face to masked face?

Contessa and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Heaps of Jedi survived Order 66, and Palpatine fought Windu before it even happened.

20. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Luke took Sith lightning for quite some time and didn't die.

I can accept that Mace is dead, but a powerful Jedi being tossed out a window doesn't exactly scream "certain death" to me. Maybe if he'd looked dead when he was thrown out.

21. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

*pacefalm*

He wouldn't be "coming back from the dead," it would simply turn out that he managed to survive.

Regardless, I vote no. Don't care about the logic of it, just not a fan of the character.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well, I did not say that it was impossible for him to survive. I just thought it was unlikely, is all. Remember, Palpatine didn't want to kill Luke instantly with his Force Lightning, but instead torture him in order to prolong his death as much as possible. So it's clear he wasn't going all out. When he struck Vader after the latter picked him up to throw down the Death Star shaft, however, Palpatine's lightning was powerful enough to light up Vader's skull and spine, and cause visible damage to his suit.

Additionally, the EU has shown examples of just how powerful Sidious' lightning can be when he wants to use it to kill:
    [​IMG]
    This is the power level of the lightning I assume Sidious used to hit Mace, or at least near that level. It's unclear from the film whether he was truly dead or not, that I will concede. But the point is, I'd rather Mace stay dead since his death served the plot's purpose well and we don't necessarily need another very powerful Jedi Master running around during the Dark Times.

23. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    No, just no.

My brother thinks Mace survived, but I don't. If they bring back Mace, it will just be cheap and and lazy.

Zabrak 3 and DarthRelaxus like this.
  24. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Didn't he fall from like 800 floors up? Plus he lost an arm and was electrocuted. God only knows how many speeders hit him on the way down.

25. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    He's missing part of his arm, electrocuted with a powerful blast that lasted a good time then thrown towards a busy speeder lane. Even if Mace is alive he has to be in shock from all the above and if a speeder doesn't hit him he had to either hit one in some way and maybe then fall with more injuries.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

Circular_Logic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.