main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    That's just the second example. Cad Bane's dialogue would be the third.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Is there a release date for the remaining Arcs yet?

3. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Really hoping they use the bonus content as a way to fill the void before 2014's Rebels. Give us 4-5 arcs and air them this Fall along with the season 5 blu-ray release.

Then, Fall 2014, give us the bonus content blu-ray and tack on a sneak peek at Rebels. Sell it a month before to build up hype for the new series.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    That Yoda clip was stupid.

5. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    That Yoda clip was great. Hope Yoda is going to his home planet.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I really hope these get released as mini movies now to drag them out to fill the gap.

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Personally, I'd prefer if they were released as separate episodes.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I think they would be interesting as mini-movies since that's how they were really written. I don't really mind if they decide to cut them up like episodes as usual though. In the wake of the Star Wars Rebels animated series announcement, I almost forgot that we shouldn't put the Bonus Content on the "back burner" and focus on the new series. I'd still like it if fans expressed their interest in the remaining Clone Wars material so that the remaining people working on the show can be able to keep the same kind of focus in finishing up as much as possible at the same or better quality as Season 5.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I just hope this bonus content is easily viewable/accessible in the UK!!! :)

10. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing these edited together as a feature, surely Order 66, Sifo Dyas and force ghosting are important enough subjects in terms of the whole saga to warrant it. If only we knew more about the Clovis arc.

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I just want the damned thing released

12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Right around now, I want the damned release date(s).

13. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    It's a distraction! They want us to forget about the bonus content and focus just on the new series, so that they can release these three (?) arcs behind our back and don't have to deal with petitions anymore!:eek:

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I still get the impression there is more to come though.

Well I hope so. Rebels won't premier until 2014. Why couldn't TCW have run for another season and then issue the remaining stuff as bonus content? It makes more sense that way,

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Right with you

16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As someone who believed that was unlikely, I'd at least hoped they might have been given the chance to write (and animate) one more arc that thematically ends TCW. One that seemed to provide some closure to Anakin and Obi-Wan in terms of the show before ROTS starts.

At least Ahsoka was dealt with before cancellation - it would have been a really big mess had that not aired.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm probably just being dramatic with it but the cancellation and 'new direction' probably has to do with wanting to get SW animation out there under the Disney name and move away from the old stuff associated with Cartoon Network.

18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    My feeling is that the longer it takes for them to release the bonus content, the more we'll get. Now that Rebels as been announced, if all the bonus footage is complete, it makes no sense to hold it back. I'm hoping the delay is because they're still finishing off at least one more arc.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd like a release date, along with a release date for the season 5 DVDs/Blu-Rays and whether the content is going to be with those or sold separately.

I'm hoping for a separate release myself.

hlc88 likes this.
  20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe they will release an arc one every month or every few months in the lead up to Rebels starting from September?

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    One every month, i doubt anyone would want to wait every few months just for an Arc

22. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

You are assuming there are quite a lot of arcs still. At present it looks like 3, so if they released them all too quickly then all the waiting for it would be over far too quickly...

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh then good point

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Not everybody is into preserving the EU.

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Looking at ROTS, I wonder more about where the heck the writers are going with that than what Yoda is actually doing.
    After that line about disobedience, the mission to spy on the Chancellor just got even murkier.