main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"evil group of warriors defeated by the Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The ESB novelization says that Boba Fett wears "the sort of armor" worn by the above group. Is this group Death Watch?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Probably, Clone Troopers have the same sort of armor, but I'd say the Mandalorians.

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It couldn't be the clones because the clones defeated the Jedi Knights, not the other way around.

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So this probably won't be the last season we see the Death Watch and Mandalore... [face_thinking]

Whether they tie it into that line from the book or not, I'm sure the Jedi will do something about them in the next season.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, that novel is 30 years out of date. I'd take any info like that with a grain of salt, since chances are it's been contradicted at one point or another. The ANH novel is even worse in that regard. Dark Lord Tarkas knows what I'm talking about.

Apophis_, KED12345, K'Kruhk and 5 others like this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Of course, but it is quite interesting how that line seems to fit.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Marvel Star Wars issue 68 and Marvel Star Wars issue 69 might be of interest to you! :)

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Are those the issues with Spar?

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, it's difficult to explain.

68 and 69 are about Leia visiting Mandalore. On Mandalore, she meets Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala, two Mandalorian Protectors.
    The trio has a face-off with Dengar and the Suprema (Mandalore's Imperial ruler). Ultimately, Leia and Shysa manage to escape. Dala dies.

In flashbacks, it is shown that Shysa, Dala and Boba Fett were recruited by "Darth Sidious" during the Clone Wars to kidnap a certain female who looks just like Leia.

Lucasfilm would later on expand the story and reveal Shysa, Dala and some other Protectors were hired by Palpatine to capture Padmé Amidala. They all died, except for Shysa, Dala and Spar. Because Spar was a clone of Jango Fett, Shysa would mistake him for Boba Fett.

I know it's all kinda complicated. Hopefully, you will understand.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I do understand, but I believe it says "The Emperor", not "Darth Sidious".

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Some time passed since I read the comic.

You're right. It says "the Emperor". Palpatine's Sith nme "Darth Sidious" wasn't known till the release of TPM.

Esg and darklordoftech like this.
  12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be cool if next season Boba Fett says he got this from

the dead leader of Death Watch who was killed by Darth Maul

13. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    And this is me to you responding with that image to everything people post.

[​IMG]

Is there anything you do not facepalp to!? :p

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think the "Star Wars: Rebels" announcement is relevant to this thread.

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Is the point of this thread to discuss Boba Fett's Mandalorian armor? Or rather how he came to obtain the armor he ends up wearing in TESB and RotJ?

I'd assume Boba will show up in spades in Rebels, so we might actually get to see him eventually donning his father's old armor, collecting various pieces, and perhaps wearing the armor of Jaster Mereel as well. Could be a good excuse to incorporate Mandalore into the series as well. Maybe they will use some of the storylines in 1313 and the purported live-action Underworld series for a number of Boba Fett arcs? That would be pretty cool. I imagine that they may leave the best Boba stories to a future spinoff film though.

Anyways, the point is, we absolutely need to see Boba Fett in beskar'gam!

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    yes. Specifically, the topic of this thread is what, if anything, the ESB novelization's description of Boba's armor means in the current non-expanded universe.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, the ESB novel is expanded universe, so it doesn't even exist in the non-EU universe. :p

Yes, I'm aware that the rule is "any ideas from George is considered G-canon", but we don't know if that particular concept came from George, and on top of that the novelisations are contradicted in many places. George and then TCW crew definitely didn't consider them G-canon.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    So the concept might be expanded universe. I made this thread to answer just that question.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It works in general terms, the Jedi did get into several throwdowns with the Mandelorians, and generally came out on top

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Zygerria? In retrospect it can't be said the Jedi defeated Deathwatch unless Ahsoka's adventures become puke worthy legends. The Jedi didn't really defeat any group of warriors. Hmmm... well Mandalore had only just been set on fire during TCW's final run so that seems like one of those things from TCW that needs to eventually be touched on so there is plenty excuse for showing Mandalore and even a revitalized and re-purposed version of Deathwatch. Perhaps there will have been an invasion prior to ROTS to make things worse. Bo-Katan is an excuse for Mandalore armor. Yes, I'm sure Boba will be something of a regular in Rebels.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    We don't know what ends up happening to TCW Death Watch. They could end up defeated by the Jedi.

23. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    That line from the novel was discussed by Pablo Hidalgo in The Essential Reader's Companion:

'By keeping Boba Fett's percolating backstory out of the novel - he is described simply as "dressed in a weapon-covered, armored spacesuit, the kind worn by armored warriors defeated by the Jedi Knights during the Clone Wars"- Glut avoided the pitfall of Mandalorian continuity that would complicate later books. In fact, this description of Fett's suit aligns nicely with current Clone Wars canon.'

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How? And wouldn't it align better if the Jedi defeat TCW Death Watch?

25. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011

That's what I thought. Seems Pablo wasn't paying much attention.

darklordoftech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.