main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC yo i just got done working two months on a scripted tv series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Space_Caboose, May 9, 2013.

1. Space_Caboose

Space_Caboose Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 14, 2009
    hell yeah and it only took 3 years of refreshing craigslist every 5 minutes, sending out resumes, making phone calls, working horrible reality show gigs, and living with my parents till i was 25

livin tha dream, yessir

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Well done. Can you you give us a vague summary of the premise of the show?

3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Aren't you the guy who made that bad star wars animation and then rebuttaled all my critiques? Or was that someone else.

edit: Ok after sufficient stalking that was someone else. Hopefully he'll read this insult someday.

Master_Jacen and jp-30 like this.
  4. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    It's a low budget reenactment show for the discovery channel - BUT it is a huge step up from the jobs I've been working.

Master_Jacen likes this.
  5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    JRJ are you drunk

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You sure got him, SLG.

Rosslcopter and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  7. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    No. As a matter of fact, I only started drinking last November. I even had 2 beers at the end-of-season wrap party! wild, I know.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    How come we don't talk anymore

9. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    well working 14 hour days 5 days a week for 8 weeks can put a strain on any relationship, see

10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Because he's a bigshot, Sean. What have you done lately? Not a tv show, that's for sure.

11. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    and now that i'm a raging success I'mma give something back now. I'mma impart some knowledge, ya dig?

Number 1: College is pointless

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Wait. This is Jesse? I was hoping it was Andy Bandy. :(

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  14. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    It is clear Andy Bandy has been devoured by the abyss of misery that is Los Angeles. For all intents and purposes, the friend and colleague we once admired is no more.

Or he's taking sketch comedy courses at the UCB theatre.

Or he's still stranded in Virginia.

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I will not believe you are JRJ until you notice some minor detail about something. So then, pretender?

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought Space_Caboose was JRJ when suddenly AAARRRRGGGHHH

17. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    Well Jahova's-witness, I'm afraid I've tragically spoiled my ability to perceive these small and insignificant details in movies and tv shows, now that I've been working in the industry, and I've seen that everything is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEE

Oh yeah, you know how in reality shows contestants trash talk one another in those confessional interviews? WELL THEY'RE JUST REPEATING VERBATIM WHATEVER A PRODUCER JUST OUT OF SHOT TELLS THEM! Sure, you already knew that, but it's a sight to behold: "Okay that was good. But let's do it one more time. Maybe says something along the lines of 'blah blah blah blah.' So do you think you could say it exactly like that, but in your own words?"

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEE

Also I was watching Parker the other day cause it had Jason Statham when suddenly I realized how stupid it was he never uses a shotgun even though he has one in the poster

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEE

18. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Congrats! Good luck in the biz....

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Dude, I didn't see this thread because I was out of town and off the internet for two weeks at the time. But I'm glad you mentioned this in my thread. Because, as much as some other people here might not think that's a good gig or hard to get, I am well aware that it definitely is. You have to start somewhere, and there's even insane competition to work on one of those shows. I know some people who work for the production companies who make those shows. It seems like it would be fun.

Now wait, you have to tell me if you're really JRJ because if so obviously I have been wondering where you've been man! And if not, well, congrats to whoever you are anyway :p

20. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Congrats because I said congrats to solo jones and now I feel bad

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I can now tell people I almost met someone who worked on a reenactment show. My life now has meaning.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Belated congrats.[face_blush]

23. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    yes it's me JRJ, and where I've been is working. I realized I didn't want to write direct or do any of that, but that I found satisfaction toiling in the trenches below-the-line on productions. In early 2012 I began working on reality shows whenever they came through my area. I've laughed, I've cried, I've even been fired once or twice. I did lighting on some local music videos, commercials, and indie features, I'm currently working on (essentially gaffing) this ambitious Firefly fan film (plug).

Except I don't think you ever almost met me at all. Don't worry, we'll find that meaning for you somewhere!

24. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    once or twice?

25. Space_Caboose

Sep 14, 2009
    see in this industry you don't get fired, you just don't get called back. They give you a whole spiel where they assure you it's not your fault, they just had budgetary constraints that led to your being let go/no longer working for the rest of the shoot. But I know the truth. It's cause I botched that coffee order for that executive producer. Or cause I clipped that other car with the cargo van. Or cause I took the wrong exit and got the whole crew lost in the Marin Headlands.