main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph JJ Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ulkesh2, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    So you're saying that even though Nero/Spock-Prime travelled back from a point after which those instances of time travel had already occured, once they created their parallel universe, the new timeline decided it should work the way it does in regular Trek, and immediately ejected all other instances of the Future!Prime People meddling in its pre-Nero arrival history and/or replaced them with the Future!Movieverse People doing their version of whatever it is they do, which in turn led to stuff from before Nero arrived being different as well?

Is that what you're saying? :p

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm not feeling well and want to go home.

3. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Ricardo Montalban was Mexican...

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    And his spaceship was upholstered with rich, Corinthian leather...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think everything pre-Nero is intact- including interventions from the Prime universe's future (since share a common branching point).

So the '69 TOS incursion, City TOS, FC Picard scenes, 90's Voyager, 80's TVH, ENT's Temporal Cold War and the multiple DS9 time travel events (except for Tribbles), etc still happened in the Alt universe.

Trek has used different time travel theories before, but the above would be consistent with ENT showing possible futures being overwritten/diverted despite their previous influences enduring.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely an alternate reality is different in some ways to parallel realities. Khan exists in all realities, but he might look different and have a different history in each one. Same with the Enterprise crew, what they have done on the ship already compared to the Prime-verse is significantly different yet similar given they are still the same people on the same ship.

And who said Kirk knows all his galactic history? He's been depicted as an impatient person before who got through things by talent alone or by cheating. He's hardly an intellectual like Spock is, that is why Spock is there.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    In Space Seed I believe they looked it up in the ship's databanks fairly soon after deducing he was an augment. One doesn't have to be a galactic history expert with the world's historical information at the touch of a button in 1967!

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope Trek III is about the Klingon-Tribble War.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No it's going to be about time traveling whales commanded by Sybock who invade Genesis Planet which causes the Federation to create a peace treaty with the Klingons.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Who are secretly being controlled by the Borg.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No. The Borg weren't in the Kirk movies.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    EXACTLY! That's just what they'd expect us to do...

14. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    The next film will be about V'Ger. The Enterprise crew will be getting their ass handed to them so they will wake up Khan to build V'Ger 2 in order to defeat V'Ger.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I just want somebody to ask what does God need with a starship.

16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Nah, it'll involve the Borg, and they and their cubes will look like Bayformers. [face_plain]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No... rhomboids. Or, to appease the geeks, icosahedrons!

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    And they'll make Inception noises too. BWAAAAAAM

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They'll start as cubes that release Inception BWOMS as they Bayform into other geometric shapes- including, in a shocking twist haphazardly telegraphed 45 minutes ago, the whale probe!

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I was hoping they would have actually killed off Kirk so that the next one could be called Star Trek For Kirk.

21. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, basically: "I'll do your Khan thing if you do my false-flag thing?"

BRILLIANT!

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Then the probe and cubes gestalt-merge into a gigantic Unicron-sized monstrosity that destroys Earth by bellowing a hideous BWAAAM! across the void. Finding out too late that the Borg are mere heralds of an unknowable entity called "V-Ger" that came from Earth's past, Nu-crew slingshots around the sun, goes into time-warp and arrive at the late 1970's to infiltrate NASA and destroy/disable the innocent Voyager probe that becomes V-Ger. Hilarity ensues as Nu-crew, decked in hideous 70's fashion, stumble across that awkward time period to accomplish their mission...

Yeah, I'm bored.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Honestly, since it's supposed to be a trilogy somewhat -- since these actors aren't going to do this forever -- I would not be surprised if it IS the Borg in movie three and Kirk fulfills his destiny by being the chosen representative to introduce the Borg (similar to Locutus) and is assimilated -- but in a twist, (Prime?) Spock had transferred his katra to Kirk to prevent control by the Borg nanites and Spirk takes control of the Borg ship, accesses a transwarp-temporal conduit (similar to First Contact) and returns to the exact point of the Narada's entry to this timeline and sacrifices the vessel and himself to destroy the Narada and save his father -- and ultimately himself! --resorting the timeline to normal. Cue narration by Spock(s).

Greatest hits!

Jedi Merkurian and V-2 like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Every single head in the audience would explode in the most horrific way possible since Scanners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.