main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's probably the same suit, but if they do headshots they simply change the eyes. Not sure why they couldn't just have gone for tinted lenses like they did in the previous movie.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
  3. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Paul Giamatti looks like he's saying "Hey! I'm da Rhino over heah!" in some of those shots.

4. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I'm still just super happy the webbing on the suit is black. *sigh of relief* I knew it bothered me before, but I didn't realize how much until they gave me this gift.

Merlin_Ambrosius69 likes this.
  5. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    So...what are we looking at here? The Rhino wearing a rocket pack?

EDIT -- Also...child in danger while dressed as hero.

We've seen this before.

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I wondered if it might be an exoskeleton, only the arms are missing because they're CGI? But I don't know.

7. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    RhinoCop 2.
    [​IMG]

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Rhino looks strange for sure, but I'm sure with CGI he will look good.
    Some sort of big mechanical suit makes sense if you aren't very tough or muscular in the first place and it looks cooler than wearing a real Rhino suit with your face sticking out.

9. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    ... unless you're Smoochy. I digress.

10. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Though to be quite honest, I actually prefer the Amazing Spider-Man video game's storyline in which Rhino and Scorpion were both human/animal hybrids created by OsCorp scientists following in Connors footsteps.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT -- Surely they could have put some pants on Rhino, though.
    I mean seriously. No way he could have walked around stark naked, as a rhinoceros penis is about five feet long.
    [​IMG]

Bastard son of Barney...

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It was already rumoured that

This movie will end with the death of Gwen Stacy (presumably at the hands of Norman Osborne), hence having Mary Jane as a handy replacement. Frankly I'm not that keen on revisiting the character so soon after he was last on film, Spidey has enough villains to do many movies before GG has to even be considered again.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Still, GG is THE ultimate nemesis of Spider-man, he's bound to show up sometime

I've also heard rumors that this will only be a trilogy too and, like the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, it will
    end with Peter Parker's death after a fight with the Goblin, and his identity exposed after death and celebrated as a hero... I guess like DKR, but actually unambiguously be dead and identity revealed

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So wait, we have Electro, Rhino, and now possibly Green Goblin? Let's hope it's not a repeat of Spider-Man 3.

EDIT: Also, I forgot Chris Cooper had been cast as Norman. But considering how large a role Oscorp played in the first one, I can see him being the big bad, with the others maybe being more minor villains.

15. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    So....

[​IMG]

Or will Aunt May sell her soul to Mephisto to prevent such a thing?

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It seems not since Sony have apparently announced the release dates for parts 3 and 4.

Good to see a lot more Spidey happening, shame that means Marvel are unlikely to get the rights back anytime soon.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah. I took that announcement as Sony basically admitting to Marvel they'll milk this franchise for all its worth. And if Andrew Garfield does get too old, they probably will try to use Miles. Or they'll start spinning off films like Venom, Scarlet Spider, Black Cat maybe even SpiderOck. Anything to keep the rights.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Really excited for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, 3 and 4

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Spidey has so many villains that you could make movies for a long time.

But certain ones would need build-up, like say Venom. Problem in SM3 was they shoved Eddie Brock in and had him turn in the same movie, you really need to have him around as a character for several movies to create the character resentment and then make him the true threat he ought to be as Spider-Man's dark mirror.
    Same with Green Goblin, it would be foolish to have him appear and go quickly given how important he is to Spider-Man's early history.
    They might even try the Secret Wars stuff or go for bizarre characters like Madame Webb if they need movie material.

I don't mind spin-offs for characters like Black Cat if it's warranted (could do with more female heroes), though I'd like to see stuff with Morbius the Vampire if they decide to go there.

20. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Besides the eyes, what's the difference between this and Tobey's costume?

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This one doesn't ride up in the crotch.

22. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    That doesn't mean anything. Sony already had an announced date for Spider-Man 4 (May 6, 2011) and had hired writers for 5 and 6 before they parted ways with Sam Raimi.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, didn't they say they were aiming to build towards a Sinister Six movie? Them making 3, 4 (& 5 & 6..) would track, so, not surprised at the announcements.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    How many villains will be in the 2nd movie?

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    At least two: Rhino (Paul Giamati), and Electro (Jamie Fox).