main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CEII Guests (confirmed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Jan 11, 2013.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And Anthony Daniels has been announced as a new special guest.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Always a popular guest, despite his reputation for not being particularly nice to people.

3. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think he's very professional when he's on stage, and that's how most people meet him. He gives a good show, but maybe he isn't the most friendly person when you go up and wants his autograph.

4. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Kenny Baker and Amy Allen have been announced.

5. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    and Paul Blake.

Kenny Baker is easily one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and has all the time in the world for his fans. A great addition!

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Nice to see Kenny coming along, he's not been in the best of health for a while. Always nice to meet him and hear him talk.

Which is annoying because outside of Star Wars what has he got. His money and fame come from this franchise, the least you can do is respect the fans.

7. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    He may be - well odd at times. But now I have been to three conventions, where he has been, and of all the guests - high or low - he is the only one to come out and meet the fans while we stand in line in the morning to get in to the actual convention.
    He comes out, have a small chat with the fans, pose for photos and stuff. Noone else does that.

I must admit, that I don't recognise the "not nice to people" part. I don't know if he is a pain for the organisers, but what do I care? When I have met him, he has always been most friendly. We have also had time to exchange a few words. Nothing long of couse, I don't want to hold up the line, but it has never been signing without even looking up, like some actors do.

8. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Big update on the site today with performers from Jabba's palace. I suppose that the organizers had waited with announcing them until they could announce them all at once. This year is also the 30th anniversary of ROTJ.

Femi Taylor (as expected), Michael Carter (Bib Fortuna), Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar, Salacious Crumb, Sy Snootles and others), Toby Philpott (Jabba's left arm), Mike Edmonds (The little person in Jabba's tail, Logray the medicine Ewok), John Coppinger (Sculpted Jabba's eyes), Sean Crawford (Yak Face), Tim Dry (J'Quille the tooth-face), Gerald Home (Tessek the squid head) and Simon Williamson (Max Rebo and Gamorrean Guard).

Femi Taylor and Simon Williamson were real nice when I met them. I know that John Coppinger and Simon Williamson also both worked on The Dark Crystal.
    I'd better save up for all the other autographs I'll be getting ...

9. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    Funny thing is though, that according to Toby Philpott, he didn't know anything about this untill a fan told him. He would love to go though, so no problems there.

So how much can we really count on it, if they announce guests without having a sealed contract with them?

10. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    By the way, Mike Edmonds was also in the video for the 80's music hit "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats. Good music! :)

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
  12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Kathleen Kennedy will come to her first Celebration. So is it time to decide on going spoilerfree or not for Episode VII.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's pretty big, presumably it means important announcements.

14. TheDarkKing

TheDarkKing Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2013
    Awesome news! wish I could afford a VIP ticket to guarantee a seat for this. May be queueing a while.

15. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    The autograph schedule and pricing has been published on Official Pix' web site.

Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ashoka Tano) will be signing ... but she has not previously been announced and her dates are not known yet. Warwick Davis is not on the schedule.

Special tickets: Ian McDiarmid's autograph costs €107 (including tax), Carrie Fisher's costs €71,5 and .... Anthony Daniels' costs €59.5 !
    Kenny Baker's costs €47.6, Peter Mayhew's costs €41.6 ... and the others' cost €18 or €24.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    McDiarmid is quite expensive, like Mark Hamill was last time. I didn't want to pay £85 and queue for 3 hours at CE1, I didn't think it was worth it. McDiarmid I really want to meet and get an autograph from, but it will be a similar situation to Hamill.

Fisher will be in demand also.

17. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    This feels weird, because for the first time going to a convention, I don't want an autograph from any of the attending guests.
    I have met all of these people before - many more than once. And the whole deviding even the low price guests in 20€ and 25€ makes it uninteresting to prebuy even a small stack of autograph tickets in case some of them should happen to have a new cool photo.

18. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    It seems that Official Pics had changed the prices during the day since my previous post, by adding the tax and rounding the total prices up from what that I had posted, with the sole exception of Peter Mayhew's.
    Ian McDiarmid: €110, Carrie Fisher: €70, Anthony Daniels: €60, Kenny Baker: €50, Peter Mayhew: €40. All others €20 or €25.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm very intrigued by the news that Kennedy will be attending. Perhaps some interesting announcements will come from her appearance...

20. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Dickey Beer is listed on CE2's and Official Pix's sites as Barada, Gamorrean Guard, Boba Fett stunt man, Stormtrooper, and Biker Scout. I think he is also stunt-double for Mark Hamill in one or more scenes.

I just found out that he is also playing one of the Rebels soldiers on Endor: Sergean Junkin.

21. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Ashley Eckstein is now officially a guest on the main site also.

David Collins has also been added. He is a voice actor, having done several roles in Star Wars video games and radio dramas. He will be hosting the "Digital Stage".

22. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I'm in the same boat you are. This will be my fourth convention, and I have most of these autographs 3 times over. Even with the 6 line jumper passes I receive with my Jedi Master badge I'm not certain I am going to do autographs this year. Might save my money for more exclusives. Of course I will withold final judgement until the full guest list is published.

23. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Over the years, I've come to find that Celebrations for me are becoming more and more like family reunions and a chance to catch up with friends than just a setting that facilitates the materialistic nature of collecting autographs or exclusives. It's about the people and experience, and less about what you take home from it.

Obi Anne likes this.
  24. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    That's awesome! I haven't really had that type of experience in my time at Celebrations. I have met a couple of people (both of whom will be at CEII), but for the most part I have just done my own thing. Being a huge collector of SW I tend to get all the exclusives I can. Only difference is this year I will have to decide whether to ship my items back to the U.S. or pack them for the return flight.

25. DARTHLARS

Mar 12, 2002
    Having never been to a Celebration before, I have already met seven of the signing guests. I have seen four of them at least three times at conventions. But.. I think I will buy up to seven autographs at CEII, including Carrie Fisher's, time permitting. I am not very keen on standing in line for hours.
    What I am most looking forward to is meeting my Star Wars friends from other countries.