main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Let's get it on!: The Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkWayne, Nov 16, 2006.

1. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Just like the weed thing, of course I believe that people are entitled to say and believe anything they want. However, the UFC is the premiere MMA org in the world. They have an image to uphold and they must protect their brand at all cost. The Code of Conduct is a set of rules to ensure that their image and brand is not tarnished. Nate Diaz chooses to fight for them and has agreed to uphold this Code of Conduct. He is a public figure. He is entitled to his beliefs but posting something like that will violate the Code of Conduct. If he wants to be in the UFC, he needs to be held accountable to that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Didn't get to see the fight, but saw the kick that KO'd Luke.

He's up for a shot after Weidman, back-to-back KOs of Rockhold and Bisping, both arguably top-5 talent in the class, yeah. But I think we know how it'll go against Silva.

JangoMike likes this.
  3. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    What a kick!!!! Its nice to see Belfort back to his winning ways, perhaps if he does get a crack at Silva again and doesn't get kicked in the face, maybe it would be a good fight????

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The Barao/Wineland UFC 161 main event is off do to an injury to Barao. Evans/Henderson is the new ME in a three round fight.

JangoMike likes this.
  5. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Anytime Hendo fights, im a happy man. Hes a great figther and a cool dude. Always will support Hendo.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Amen to that.

Barao would have destroyed Eddie Wineland, that was an uncharacteristically bad match for Joe Silva. Sorry to hear that he's hurt, but he'll probably be back in time to fight twice before Cruz can get back in the ring.

Evans should win. I think Dan will win. Evans is one guy who I could see dipping down to MW, I think his window is closed at 205.

7. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Evans has not been the same since he left Jacksons training camp. Its too bad. I actually have a feeling that if he loses, he will get cut. He's a very expensive fighter.....

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think DW will try to move him down before cutting him- he desperately needs someone to spice up middleweight with Chael at LHW, and he's already been on record saying that Evans would get an immediate title shot if he dropped. Rashad just doesn't want to.

The loss to Little Nog was really the only bad fight I've seen from him- he thumped Phil Davis and gave Bones a fight. It's just with Glover and Gustaffson clearly making their way upwards, I think Rashad's style and chin will keep him from another run at the belt. He, Bader, and Shogun can meddle together as gatekeepers, but I think Rashad would give Anderson his toughest challenge since his fight with Chael, were he to drop.

JangoMike likes this.
  9. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    I think he would make a great middleweight. He has some serious cutting to do thats for sure. I would like to see him use his wrestling more against Silva.

He would be foolish to try and trade strikes with him. It reminds me of the time he tried to strike with Machida.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I totally agree. Weidman will try to wrestle him, but I don't see it. Rashad could get him on the ground, no doubt about that, and that's the only shred of vulnerability we've seen with the champ.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Really now. Wow, I never thought I'd see the day Barnett and Dana White co-existed again.

That is really interesting, I really want to see him against Mir. The fans have waited for that fight for so long.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Barnett/Mir would be awesome. Hopefully it happens sometime this year.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    One thing about Dana, he'll sign anyone if he thinks its an advantageous move for the UFC.
    Tito, Kimbo, etc. he doesn't care if they hate him.

The Belfort kick was so beautiful. It was pretty rare too if my memory serves because they were in mirror stances so the kick came over the lead hand.
    A spin kick like that almost always lands on the opposite side.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    True. By and large, Dana will set aside a grudge if the bottom line is right for the company.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Only one person I know of that I believe Dana really, truly hates- Bob Arum.

Even the Shamrocks could someday end up working for the UFC in some capacity. Lawsuits and all- unlikely, but who knows.

17. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Glad to see Barnett is back. He's a really cool dude and he should help round out the HW division.

18. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    UFC 160 is on!!!!!

Im hoping to see a lot of upsets tonight....im a fool and always root for the underdogs......

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Noons-Cerrone is your FOTN. Hunt has a chance to upset JDS.

Actively awaiting the Marvin Gaye thread to be re-upped tonight. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I only watched Hunt-JDS and Cain-Silva

I love Mark Hunt but he and his corner are meat heads. Maybe try circling away from JDS's power side after he tagged you, I don't know, fifty times with that right hand?

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Agree. Hunt has a Roy Nelson chin, though. JDS nearly knocked his head off 10-12 times.

23. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Seriously, that first right hand alone was what won him the title against Cain. It's extra amazing given how many years he's been fighting.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Its a shame that Zingano had to pull out. Tate will bring great ratings i imagine cuz of her trashtalking, but we know how that fight is going to end, Rousey will take Tates arm yet again.....