main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Force powers with the newly balanced Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Count Yubnub, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *threadmerge*

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    No. No more new Force powers. If anything, they should show what their basic abilities can really do, because I feel they were sort of weak in the PT.

3. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I know the thread was merged and most of the recent discussion was on new force powers people would like to see....

but I wanted to go back to the other topic of Mace's quote about their ability to use the Force being diminished

I always took Mace's words there to mean just in the context of "Seeing into the Future".....it didn't extend to weakening their combat capabilities.....if it had they would have made a point in showing it during one of the duels

So while I think we may get some new force powers just to spice some things up.....I don't think the Jedi are going to be that much more supercharged in combat capabilities because the force was supposedly balanced in ROTJ.....I think the force being balanced only helps them when their in meditation mode trying to look into the future, so they can get a head start on future problems

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    No teleportation please. If you add that in then you have to explain why Sidious didn't teleport out of the shaft in death star II.

One power I wouldn't mind seeing though is fireballs. We already have lightning, so how about balls of crackling plazma that explode into massive fireballs with mushroom clouds.

Also, eyebeams. :D

5. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    OMG somebody already has released a clip of one of EPVII's battle scenes on youtube....

6. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Exorcism oh and turning water into wine and walking on water (resurrection from the dead has already been done so guess I leave that one out)

7. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

wocka wocka!

Darth slaughter likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Force Burp: You burp and everyone around you explodes in the most horrific way possible. Great to use at boring parties when discussing politics with someone.

9. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    While I do not relish seeing Force teleportation, I do not think any one would expect an explanation of why Sidious did not teleport out of the Death Star II. If he did not have the ability or knowledge, then there would be no expectations for him to do so. This thread was asking for new Force powers. It could be explained that teleportation is a new ability not observed before. Heck, we will not see it anyway, so no need to fret.

10. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Nothing in the force has changed. It's still good vs evil as always.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd like to see Force script writing, Force directing, and Force acting. :D

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    You bring a good point. I think it's entirely possible that it needed to be destroyed. An order can only be so good until they get too comfortable. Hence their arrogance.

13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Leaked footage of the newest Force power in ST:

[​IMG]

eht13 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Force merchandizing! Force viral marketing campaigns! Force TV Spots! Force trailers that lay out the entire plot and give away the only good bits of the movie! Force Letterman interviews where he spoils the story like a goddamned moron!

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Good lord that's unsettling.

16. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I like the idea of a force heal or maybe even a force restore (perhaps to destroyed objects) ...but only to repair damage caused by the Sith

17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Like others said I'd like it simple and elegant. And keep the powerlevel close to that displayed in the OT. Jedi shouldn't turn into the X-Men.

Also no light effects or sparks or colors any of that kind! What made the force look so awesome was that it was "invisible".

But I wouldn't mind a new power here or there, like a simply illusion trick.

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    This is one of the key things for me concerning Force aesthetics. Except for lightning, the subtlety of the Force was always more...well, elegant than the blazing infernos and fireballs and what have you that other "wizards" cast in other franchises.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I always liked the casual implication from AOTC that the Jedi had basically kept the peace by constantly seeing the future..."Blind, are we, if creation of this clone army we could not see!"...hello, Minority Report with laser-wielding monks :p

I kinda hope the new Jedi haven't quite gotten to that point yet, though.

21. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    They'd be lucky if they can figure out what the hell happened in the past.
    Even we can barely figure out the continuity at times, hmph.

22. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Yep, as new formats are invented Greedo might not even shoot or be shot...Han and Greedo just...agree to disagree...

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    In the Quantum Edition, both Han and Greedo will shoot first and be shot first at the same time.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Let us review what happened to Luke post force being balanced out.

1. He escapes the Death Star 2 just before it exploded.
    2. He built a giant fire to melt his father.
    3. He took part in an ewok rave.
    4. He saw a ghost version of Hayden Christianson and some other people.

So in summation, new Jedi powers will include Jedi Super Force Flying, Jedi Force Flames, Jedi Glowstick Force and Jedi Sixth Sense Ability.

25. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm hoping the Force powers are off the scale, and that we get some of the "sword & sorcery", crazy black magic, "MacBeth" style Sith stuff we saw in TCW. Just as extreme, amped, imaginative & fun as they can make it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for the Jedi:

[​IMG]

I imagine that with the "imbalance" thing taken care of Force use will become more creative, more exploratory. I want to see some out there stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.