main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The role of Force ghosts in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Barth, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Force Ghosts yes, more idiotic explanation no thanks.

No Qui-Gon, no Mortis.

eht13 likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Force Ghost Ahsoka. "Hey there, Skyguy Jr... we need to have a talkie walkie".

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    For over a thousand generations humans have existed. Why didn't computers exist until the 20th century?

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't see how Obi-Wan showing up would make more sense than Anakin showing up.

don't get me wrong, I like Obi-Wan and everything, but If we set aside for the moment the fanboy hate for Hayden Christiansen, I think for the continuity of the saga it would be far better for Anakin (you know, Luke's father after all?) to be the one to show up as a force ghost.

not to mention the fact that cinematically, it would work way better than trying to make Obi-Wan look right On screen...

Personally I am quite confident that it is very likely we will see a ghost Anakin in episode VII, and that possibility makes me super excited as well!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Laziness.

7. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

OOOoohhhhhhh......ZING!!!! :p

8. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    I would like Yoda to remain as a ghost, like a "keeper" of sorts; A guardian angel. I however do not want Anakin or Obi-wan ghosts. I would like the idea (and perhaps they can address this in this manner) that Anakin and Obi-Wan's destinies have been resolved and their corporeal doings and misgivings and failures have been reconciled. They are finally at peace with one and other and the galaxy; they will have dissolved into the ether. Gone to the place of no return. This is what I'm hoping for.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think force ghosts should stay around forever because the whole point of force ghosts is that they are immortal.

Darth Archimage and StoneRiver like this.
  10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Because Roswell didn't happen until 1947.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012

[face_laugh]

12. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I don't need to close my eyes at all. Ewan was a great Obi-Wan. He captured Sir Alec perfectly. A little age makeup and he could fill in as Ghost any day! He was great!

13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think Luke will end up a force ghost from smoking old cigarette butts & eating to many cheese burgers !!!

14. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Unless Hamill uses "Force Quit Smoking".

16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
  17. Darth Rancor

Darth Rancor Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2013
    These are not my sentiment or hopes, but if Plagueis or Maul were to be the villain, then Anakin is the obvious choice as a Force Ghost. As DLoTS he would know who they are and be able to warn Luke or the new Skywalker/Solo. This would be an easy way to connect the saga. Again, just an observation.

18. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    AlhoughI love Obi-Wan, I would think that if the audience sees Yoda and Obi-Wan ghosts, all they're going to do is think: "where's Anakin?!"

19. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I am in the middle of reading Darth Plagueis right now, and the further I get into that book, the more I would love for him to be the villain!

but to quell the risk of getting off topic, I will say I think having a ghost Anakin would indeed work perfectly if plagueis is the villain. I love the idea of him warning Luke!

20. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think Force Ghosts are inevitable since Luke sees them with casual ease at the end of ROTJ and there is no reason for him not to continue with that coomunication.
    The big question will be how they handle it. How many Force Ghosts? How often will they be seen? And...will Force Ghosts be able to do more than just talk...?

21. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    I'd like Anakin to be in the ST. Not as a major role like Obi-wan, but more like a cameo. Maybe there would be a pivotal moment for the main character, like choosing between the dark side and the light side, and they could have a vision of Anakin or something.

Just my thoughts...

22. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Fine! Bring them all on Board, Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-gon, Mace Windu, and all the younglings too. It could be a Jedi Ghost Temple. All sitting around in there chairs looking at each other saying, "You're looking thin, I can see right through you. When do we eat? Oh Yeah......Never! Then The Younglings start complaining to Yoda that Anakin was the one that cut them down.Then Mace looks at his hand and Lights up a Ghost Sabre and goes towards Anakin! It will be awesome!

:rolleyes:

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    And, if "Robot Chicken" is to be believed, we have a "converted" Palpatine who should show up as well. :p

Emperor Zombie likes this.
  24. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Well geez....there's no reason to be like that about it... These are all just opinions after all!

25. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    No Biggie, just having a little fun that all!
    ;)