main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Star Wars Text Adventure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Blue Ice Cream, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    >go all Doctor Who and pretend to be in charge
    >force suggest to the major that everything is fine and he should carry on

2. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    OOC: No Doctor Who references allowed in this thread. :p

You pretend to be in charge. With a wave of the hand, you suggest to the major. "Everything is fine here. Carry on."

Hmmm. He's not as weak-minded as you thought. "Are you attempting to give me an order?" He cocks a boastful eyebrow. "You're a lowly security officer. I outrank you." Pointing to himself with his thumb, he goes on. "Now tell me what's going on here!"

The turbolift disappears into the lower level.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    >strongly suggest that the uniform belongs to the man in his underwear (yours was destroyed in the explosion), that you ordered him to give it to you because you outrank everyone here. Zan is your agent and the imp prisoner is the sole survivor of an unfortunate case of friendly fire. The major has important work to do and shouldn't concern himself with your important mission.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    V-2

Well, considering the underwear imp has already left the room, the major believes you're a loon. "You outrank these men?" he asks, unconvinced.

You nod, still attempting to force suggest the major.

"Your agent? Really?" he mocks. Then he addresses Zan's captive trooper. "Is this true?"

With his hands still upon his head, the trooper says nothing. He's pretty frightened of you.

"Well, speak up trooper!" the major insists. "There are four prisoners on the loose." He turns his attention back to you. "You wouldn't know anything about it now, would you?"

"Listen, major," you say with bravado. "You have important work to do, so don't concern yourself with OUR mission."

He's stunned by your response. "Oh really? Is that so? Well, how bout I get on the horn here and find out who you really are?" The major grabs his comlink.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    > "For a major, I'm surprised you didn't notice the *escaped prisoner* who was wandering around in his underwear who just entered this room. He's the ringmaster of this escape and we're trying to track him down, have you seen him?"
    > after he provides the information (or, y'know, not) force fear this unruly jerk

6. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    If this doesn't go well, >just break his neck, apologise to Zan and unleash hell.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    "Hey," the major snarls, "don't get smart with me." He pokes your chest with his burly pointing finger. "We saw the buffoon. We figured it was just a prank among imperials."

"Well, he's the ringmaster," you explain. "Where is he now?"

Motioning his thumb towards the turbolift station, the major answers. "He took the lift."

Zan hopes you don't decide to follow, considering a full battalion is roaming the outpost now. In fact, six more troopers descend from the hangar to the lower level.

V-2

It's going 'well' so far. However, the major still has his hand on his comlink.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    >give the major a high five so that he takes his hand off of his comlink

BigAl6ft6 and V-2 like this.
  9. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    >politely order the major to give you a set of keycards

10. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Once again, the major eyes you suspiciously. This time because you're waiting for a high five he's obviously not going to give. (-1 Essence of High Five) However, he seems to forget about the comlink when you speak.

"Please present me with a full set of outpost key cards, major." You manage not to laugh.

The major is caught off guard by the request, but eventually responds. "What are you out of your mind? They didn't bring me here to handle key cards! We've gotta get this energy furnace back online before the underground exit is found." He returns to the square hole, calling back to you. "Go about your business."

Eight more troopers take the turbolift to the lower level.

Skills-
    AIM: 2
    STAMINA: 1
    INTELLIGENCE: 6
    INSIGHT: 6
    ACCURACY: 1
    DEXTERITY: 1
    LUCK: 1
    DECIPHERING: 1
    ENDURANCE: 1
    AGILITY: 1
    ESSENCE of High Five: -2
    TENACITY: 1
    Zero = Average

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    > tell Zan to wait back at the Detention Area control room since he's just a fraidy-cat while you go into the turbolift, bringing along the captive trooper with you. If Zan continues to be a fraidy-cat, he can bring the captive trooper along with him as a security blanket. In any event, you grit your teeth and say, "I am going to get my frakin' lightsaber back if it kills me and possibly still afterwards."
    >enter lift, with purpose and pride and a general air of Imperial snootiness. Try to sense brainwashed Imp and/or lightsaber. Take lift in general direction. (If no directional sense is forthcoming, take lift down.)

12. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    BigAl6ft6

"Wait back in the control room, Zan." You tell him this as you approach the turbolift area with the captive trooper.

"But Master Johnson, I want to come." He looks at you earnestly. "I do have a blaster you know!"

"I'm getting my saber back! It's gonna be dangerous." You realize Zan has no disguise.

The lift is approaching from above. Ten troopers are aboard. It stops at your level. The three of you board the lift, which is about to head to the lower level.

The ten imperials don't know how to interpret the scene, especially due to your air of snootiness. They stay silent for the time being.

Reaching out with the force, you sense the brainwashed imp up in the hangar bay. However, no trace of your saber.

The lift descends into darkness.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    >make awkward small talk with the Storm Troopers on the turbolift

BigAl6ft6 and epithree like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    > have Zan wear stomtrooper helmet as part of cover. Say that Zan is out of uniform and even though he only has his helmet left (since it was stolen by the escaped Rebel scum) he still has to wear it (push on Zan's head really hard to make it fit if the horns get in the way)
    >when lift reaches bottom say "Whoops, wrong floor! Later guys! Keep an eye out for that escaped rebel scum!", let the troopers out with a jaunty wave and take it up to the hangar bay

epithree likes this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    >before the turbolift goes back up, tell the Storm Troopers they're doing a good job, but they could work on their stance a bit more

epithree and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    "So," you address the nearest trooper, who appears to be a sergeant, "nice weather we've been having recently, don't you think?"

Zan resists shaking his head and keeps his rifle aimed at the captive trooper's back.

"Just splendid," the sergeant replies. "Though the wind is a bit fierce."

You nod.

The sergeant continues. "Tell me, officer, what has this stormtrooper done? And why does this Zabrak have him at gunpoint?"

Zan gives you a look of desperation.

The turbolift slows, and you notice illumination banks set up at the approaching level.

"This... Zabrak, as you call him, is one fine stormtrooper! He's just out of uniform. His armor was stolen by the escaped rebel scum!" Zan can't believe your audacity. "Here, trooper. You still have to wear your helmet." You push the white helmet onto Zan's head really hard.

The lift reaches the lower level.

Edge of Chasm
    Illumination banks have been set up along the thin path that makes up the gaping chasm's edge. You cannot tell if the path leads anywhere, for both sides disappear in the darkness.

Eight stormtroopers are traversing the chasm by way of grappling hook, each one landing on a land mass far across the abyss. You can see dozens of troopers already waiting on the land mass, which shoots up from the chasm below. To your surprise, you notice that the east end of that land mass leads to the Room of Fire, where technicians and troopers are still working to fix the energy furnace. 'Of course,' you think. 'That's the passage that the stream of fire was blocking. Why are they so bent out of shape about us finding this place?' The opposite end of the land mass leads to a passage that bends into the south wall. 'Where could that possibly lead?'

The ten troopers that were on the lift with you position themselves to grapple across. They seem perplexed that you haven't moved.

"Whoops! Wrong floor! Later guys! Keep an eye out for the escaped rebel scum!" You wave goodbye and activate the turbolift.

The lift begins to ascend.

As the turbolift heads for the middle level, you call to the troopers. "You guys are doing a bang-up job! Just work on your stances a bit more!"

Jedi Knight Fett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    >locate pants imp

18. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    Do you mean 'underpants' imp? :)

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    > while lift is ascending, halt the lift so you can strip out captive stormtrooper from chest/leg armor and slap them on Zan so he's fullly stomtrooper outfitted (take the stripped down stomtrooper helmet as a replacement for your lost helmet), restart lift & once the turbolift hits the top hangar level, try to sense/locate the underpants mindtricked Imp

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    >whenever you walk past a Storm Trooper, point to the captive Storm Trooper and say "This prisoner wet himself so he had to take his clothes off" while trying not to laugh

BigAl6ft6 and V-2 like this.
  21. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I take it you're an American. I can see how this could be confusing. Yes I mean underpants imp. :p

22. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    While the turbolift is ascending, you notice that there are only three positions the control knob can be turned to. You're unsure how to halt the lift, so you strip the captive stormtrooper anyway, hoping you can pull this off before the lift reaches the crate room.

The lights from the West Crate Room begin to shine before Zan is fully dressed, and the lift slows. It stops at the middle station.

West Crate Room
    The burly major looks at your group immediately. He sees Zan don the last piece of leg armor. You look at the major sheepishly. "No cause for alarm, major. We're just sharing uniforms today."

Zan Sey is now fully disguised as a trooper. The major stares at the trooper in undergarments, baffled. "Security officer!" He approaches you. "Why are all your prisoners in underpants?"

You answer while taking the stripped trooper's helmet. "Like I said, we're sharing today." The major shakes his head. "You can go about your business now," you tell him.

"Hold on! I'm getting to the bottom of this. Don't move." He goes for the comlink.

Acting upon instinct, you restart the lift and it begins to race upwards.

"Hey!" the major shouts. He runs back to his troopers while using his comlink. You can see him pointing at your group as the turbolift pulls in to its upper station.

Imperial Hangar Bay
    You and Zan exchange glances. "I have a bad feeling about this," Zan shares. Both of you attempt to appear snooty and imp-like.

The hangar bay is crawling with stormtroopers. "There must be a whole battalion here," you whisper to the Zabrak.

While you are both distracted, your 'underpants' captive makes a break for it. He runs toward the nearest squad, which is assembled next to an imperial shuttle.

"By the stars!" you exclaim. "Now what?"

"Just act casual," Zan suggests. "They won't believe him."

You reach out with the force, attempting to sense the imp that was brainwashed. The force does not offer you a location. There are too many sentient signatures in the bay. "What about the major?" you tell Zan Sey. "He's sending those troopers after us. Plus, he's on his comlink!"

Jordan1Kenobi

Three troopers approach the lift. You immediately address them. "That prisoner wet himself, so he had to strip and run away." Then, you attempt not to laugh, but fail.

V-2

You cannot locate the imp at this time.

Jedi Knight Fett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    >stand next to a group of Storm Troopers and casually nod in agreement at their conversation, so when the major comes to find you, you're blending in with the other Storm Troopers

24. Blue Ice Cream

Aug 9, 2006
    As soon as you & Zan step off the turbolift, the three stormtroopers get on board and head for the lower levels, probably to assist with operations in the chasm.

Waltzing over to a different squad, you and Zan keep an eye on the 'underpants' trooper. He appears to be ratting you out. The squad he ran to looks over at your squad, so you and Zan attempt to blend in with the nine units.

There are eight troopers, one being a corporal. The ninth unit is a heavily armored sergeant, their leader. The both of you nod casually in agreement at their boring imperial chatter.

"Look," Zan whispers to you.

You quickly notice that the turbolift has returned, along with the major and his five troopers.

A tap on your back indicates that the corporal wants a word with you. "Who are you? What's your operating number?"

So, basically, three separate stormtrooper squads are now suspicious of you and Zan.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    >continue to nod in agreement and ignore the corporal, then try to change the subject by telling him that the guy in the underpants is actually an escaped prisoner

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.