main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Mara Jade Skywalker Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Liz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    A post helps....I realise you want to up the thread, but you could post a photo of the great Mara or a comment next time please?

3. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    how do i post art, or photos?

Also if you want Mara in the movies, we can call Lucasfilm 1 415 623 1000

4. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/adding-pictures-to-threads.50010623/

I think we all get that you think we should call Lucasfilm. Maybe you could move the number to your signature and leave it at that?

5. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Rachel Nichols as Mara Jade? [​IMG]

Slowpokeking, BDC and Jedi_Lover like this.
  6. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Cool pic, I did call Lucasfilm publicity, and they are open to hearing from her fans about having her in the movie, cool pic
    of Rachel Nichols, what actresses do people think would be good candidates to play her in the movies?

7. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Saying a final goodbye to Mara jade Skywalker, let's face it, with the new movies, she is definitely going to be erased, we can still read her old stories, and fanfiction, which will eventually become less, and less, since she'll be forgotten by her fans in a few years. If you think George Lucas will ok JJ abrams,
    giving Luke any kind of life with a wife, and a kid, or kids, you'll be disapointed.

8. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    So if Mara is in Episode 7, do you think they'll make her a princess? And then add her to the Disney Princesses line-up?

BDC and Jedi_Lover like this.
  9. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  10. LeeMillington

LeeMillington Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2013
    Would it be cool for me to join the Fan Club? It would be a shame for discussion about such a well-loved character to fizzle out.

11. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    welcome to the club

12. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000

Ariel's long lost twin sister who actually had the same dream as Ariel a few months before Ariel did (to be "Part of their world"), but she got sucked into a portal into the GFFA instead? ;)

Tarsier likes this.
  13. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Just finished reading Troy Denning's Crucible, at the end of the book, a canon way of reviving Dead characters, in a kind of star wars force Nexus,
    Maybe if we contact lucasbooks, or del rey, they can see that there is a demand for the return of mara Jade skywalker.

14. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Yes! Although I have trouble picturing Mara as a mermaid... [face_thinking]

Welcome to the group! New discussion topics are always welcome. :)

15. LeeMillington

May 25, 2013
    Thank you Alex and Tarsier for the welcome! A pleasure to meet you both.

Yes, it sounds like a good idea that we let them know we would be glad for her return. I am ordinarily against the revival of characters, but since it is Mara, and Star Wars has revived characters in ways that are similar to bringing them straight back from the dead, then I am more than happy to support Mara's return. Personally, even if she doesn't come back in our current EU but becomes a movie character, I'd be happy with that, too.

16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nobody should say, "This definitely will or will not happen in EP7". After all, did anybody foresee the existence of Jar Jar prior to any TPM official news releases? Personally I think Mara may have existed in the EP 7 movie canon, but she might be dead like in the EU. But that is based on a hope and a prayer that she is even mentioned.

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Long live Mara!

18. LeeMillington

May 25, 2013
    I agree, we can only make wild speculation at this point, since we've been given so little information about Ep 7. I do hope that she is involved, though not at a detriment to the story, as that comes first - though if LucasFilm wanted to, they could easily jig the timeline around, so that Luke meets Mara at the age he is in Ep 7.

Indeed! Even if she remains dead, there's surely still numerous stories that can be told about her life. Or we can just reminisce and reflect/read and re-read any fiction that features her/write fanfic. And, fifteen years later, I still can't believe that we can actually play as her in Mysteries of the Sith.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    A story a la Darth Plagueis, about Palpatine taking her from her parents, and her early training, would be good.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That would be wonderful. I would like to see Zahn write those books.

21. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    We might see her on tv, Pablo Hidalgo, is consulting on Star
    Wars Rebels, and they're consukting Wookiepedia, so we should expect to see
    Mara in some Imperial scenes, also greg Weisman, the writer is aware of the character, and dave filoni, respects the EU,
    and he set up a couple of hints througout the clone wars, about the Emperor's hands.
    the series is also being consulted by Simon Kinberg, who is consulting for the ST, and the spinoffs.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds interesting. I would like to see Choices of One done in animation. It would get people interested in her character and then you have Vader, Han, Leia and Chewie to draw in the non-EU people.

23. LeeMillington

May 25, 2013

I expect something like this to happen, especially if she becomes a character in Rebels and/or the sequel trilogy, which would likely cause lots more books about her to be commissioned.

I think if Mara is in Rebels, then it would have to be considered whether she would become Luke's wife after VI, and I find it unlikely that, if included, she wouldn't. This would mean that she would most probably be in the sequel trilogy, which would be perfect.

24. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    It's a shame that "Agent of the Empire" was shelved....it would have been epic to see Mara fight along Jahan Cross.

25. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I called Hasbro, and they were told to cancel the Wave 2 Black series Mara Jade skywalker, then I read on Screenrant, that the ST is ignoring the nine Zahn novels, so Mara Jade is being erased by Disney/LFL