main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~*~ The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quarantine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Really. They're making it already...and he's going to look like that? I hope it's better without those glasses...[face_hypnotized]

2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Yep, he already did some prep work as he was in New Mexico last week, I think, and then he came back to LA and he tweeted today he starts filming soon. I'm sure it will work for the character. I think he's amazing line that :D But if he's a bad guy, I don't know how like able the character will be in general... I do like the black hair! The chin patch is just... erm... Lol?

3. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    It might be better if he looks like that as a bad guy...and yes, black hair usually makes his blue eyes stand out more...but how will taht work in a western...

HOpe he's not a really really bad guy...you know, the western cold hearted killer, etc. I hope he's not that...although he may enjoy the challenge...

4. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh! Yes, I can't wait to see his black hair and blue eyes in the movie. I hope his bad guy has redeemable qualities as well - love a slightly loveable bad guy! Sigh, we'll see. I agree - like his character in that movie... Haywire, was just a rotten guy. A liar and a coward, not good. But Ewan acted the character so well - definetly didn't like him or his hair. I hope this one is different. Love a grey character

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    He looks like a Mexican, all he needs is the sombrero, so I guess if its filmed in Mexico he's right for the part. Hey I noticed a pic of his child Anouke? I thought she was his daughter the caption on the bottom says "Taking his son for a walk?" It was on Twit.

6. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
  7. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh sorry, don't know either place. I should check google earth and see where New Mexico is. Thanks:D

8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Love that pic, but doesn't Ewan object to pics being published of his children? O BTW, that caption was corrected to "Daughter".

Or is he resigned to the fact it's going to happen now and then? He looked awesome in the pic as well.

9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I think he does object, but unfortunately out in public there's little he can do about it. Still there are remarkably few pictures of them and I think he can rest easy in that. I also imagine, as with other things, he's mellowed about it with time. He does look awesome in that pic, a lovely daddy

10. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    New Mexico is right by Mexico :D one state over from California past Arizona, in the west, hot and dry, western-y :)

Gkilkenny likes this.
  11. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I thought Ewan's dark look for Jane Got a Gun was so weird, i wasnt even recognizing him [face_laugh], but i'm all for it. I like it when he transforms like that. I'm very much looking forward to seeing that movie, because i'm also excited to see him working with Natalie again :D

serendipityaey likes this.
  12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I'm excited for him to work with Natalie again too! I hope he posts an Instagram with her at some point :D He looks so different, it's exciting. I think he does such an amazing job of transforming for each role - in his look but also with his amazing acting. I never have any problem seeing the character

13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Hey in that pic of him was that a hole in his head. Good makeup, so I guess he must die in Jane Got a Gun.

My Force, what a silly name for a movie "Jane Got a Gun,"[face_dunno] What about - Jane get your gun! Gunsmoke Janie.[face_rofl]

14. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    For those of you that want to watch Jack The Giant slayer again, click the link here.

I found it on a Swedish website where I use to watch movie online. The movie contains Swedish sub, so if you want to learn some Swedish, igve it a try. ;)

Iron_lord and serendipityaey like this.
  15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Lol! I don't know about the name :p but I have high hopes for the movie! Ohhhh... I didn't think about that being a hole in his head! He is the bad guy and he does love his dramatic dying scenes, haha. Maybe so! Good catch Geri!

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ewan is rated number 4 on the top ten list of best celebrity dads. :)

should have been number 1 IMO, but 4 is decent. Good for him, he deserves it.

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    4 isn't bad, but number 1 will be better. :)

Congratulation to Ewan! [face_love]

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    He seems like such an amazing Dad! Gosh I would miss him so much being away so often though. Still that shows how much love they must have :)

obimom likes this.
  19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I just watched "The Impossible" . Hubby was working today so I went and got it from Red Box....

Wow...what an amazing movie. I spent almost the entire time teary....Naomi Watts was incredible...no wonder she got an oscar nomination, the boys, especially the one who played Lucas, was amazing.

Ewan of course was wonderful in it too, and I loved seeing him play a dad. he just wasn't in it as much as I thought he was, but his big scene with the telephone was also incredible.

I loved Naomi's comment about him when I watched the featurette...she said that Ewan's face says it all (in his acting), that he has such a warmth that comes through in his eyes.".

Also the director said that "Ewan has a way about him that just makes it easy to empathize with him" (it's those eyes...those warm eyes) (maybe thats why he's so good at angst, and why we torment Obi-Wan the way we do.. ;) and he also said that "Ewan has a way of merging with the character he is playing that is very effective."

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ah, I haven't watched the featurette yet! Now I have to go home and do that, that's awesome! Naomi and Tom were wonderful... and to think of all that physical, grueling time they had to spend in a water tank and getting hit by tons of water. None of the water was CGI! They had to actually go through it but that probably helps the acting as well.

The director is so right about Ewan, he just completely merges with the character, and you believe it entirely. It is truly a gift and the reason I love him. The acting is just fantastic. With some people, all I can see is them, not the character, or just a little. It's never that way with Ewan. He sparks such great creativity and imagination.

I think, though, showing love through his eyes is just as important and even harder to do than angst, and that's what I love.

obimom likes this.
  21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hey all - Just FINALLY saw all of Trainspotting....and loved it.

The first part was so raunchy when we started to watch it years ago, my hubby didn't want to watch any more and turned it off. Ewan's character looked so drugged out and bad, it was hard to see him that way, but later in the movie when he cleaned up I could finally see that gorgeous face and those amazing eyes better....and his acting in that movie was amazing.

I remember when the movie first came out it was the first time any of us in the US had seen anything of Ewan...and this was before I even paid attention...but I do remember trailers for Trainspotting on TV and the announcer saying "Ewan McGregor - the next big thing in Hollywood" or something like that...also things like "The best new talent in years" or something like that...I didn't pay much attention at the time, but I remember hearing stuff like that ...and now I know why.

22. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Trainspotting is my favorite movie of anything, and it was before I even knew who Ewan was. The writing and acting is just stellar. The first half is difficult to watch, but I appreciate not sugar-coating the reality and I think in comparison it makes then ending even brighter. I just love the way the character 'grows up' in his way and I love the end. I'm glad you got to watch the whole thing!

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I agree, Ash, by not sugar coating the start, it made the ending to me more plausible and realistic given the way things were with Renton and his friends at the beginning. If they had softened it down and made it palatable, I might have scratched my head an little more about the way it ended....if that makes sense.

What's amazing to me is that Ewan has never done drugs (although he briefly considered it while prepping for this role, but very wisely decided against it as it was too risky - but instead talked to and studied addicts, etc. and his acting is so real and amazing - was a talent.

I wish my hubby could appreciate how good he is...

To me he is like a Johnny Depp - in the scope of his talent, his ability to do so many different roles and make them his...he just isn't as flashy as Depp, not as outrageous (although one could argue that point re: Velvet Goldmine, etc.)

He's just a different kind of actor than Depp, but equally as amazing. That's one reason why he is my favorite actor.

24. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Possible new project for Ewan. Sounds like a good one, so let's hope it works out! http://variety.com/2013/film/news/gwyneth-paltrow-ewan-mcgregor-johnny-depp-mortdecai-1200567468/

Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor Eye Johnny Depp Crime Movie ‘Mortdecai’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Johnny Depp starrer “Mortdecai” is coming together quickly with eyes on an all-star cast as Gwyneth Paltrow and Ewan McGregor are in talks to co-star with Depp.
    Lionsgate is distributing and David Koepp is directing the crime drama.

“Mortdecai,” based on the three-part series of books by Kyril Bonfiglioli, follows Charles Mortdecai, an antihero art dealer and rogue who is in a race to recover a stolen painting rumored to contain the code to a lost bank account filled with Nazi gold.

After contract disputes over Whitey Bulger pic “Black Mass,” Depp moved quickly to line up his next project.

Andrew Lazar, Depp and Christi Dembrowski are producing. Eric Aronson wrote the “Mortdecai” script.

Erik Feig, Michael Paseornek, Gillian Bohrer and James Myers will oversee the project for the studio.

Lionsgate looks to be fast-tracking the project with a high-profile team after it languished for years in development limbo.

The film will probably go into production in the fourth quarter of this year, after Depp wraps production on the Disney pic “Into the Woods.”

Paltrow’s projects include “Iron Man 3″ and the indie “Thanks For Sharing,” while McGregor was seen in “The Impossible” and “Jack the Giant Slayer” with “August: Osage County” bowing this fall.

Paltrow is repped by UTA and Brillstein Entertainment and McGregor is repped by UTA and United Agents.

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    That sounds wonderful!! I've always wanted to see Ewan and Johnny Depp do a movie together....hope this pans out.

And my husband DOES like Johnny Depp...:D