main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite TCW Screencaps (Warning: Lots of big pics)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, May 30, 2013.

1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Post your favorite screencaps/screenshots/still images from The Clone Wars in this thread. I think there's many really good to great shots in the series and I'm sure most of you have a bunch of favorites too; share them with us others here.

[​IMG]

2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    While the D-Squad droid arc has been much maligned around these parts, if nothing else the final episode Point of No Return did provide some great eye-candy with the gorgeous rhydonium explosion at Carida:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

Love the look of the S5 finale. I love this shot because they tease 1313 (which as we know won't happen).

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  5. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    The Padawan Lost arc marked an increase in detail in TCW animation but also a significant change in Ahsoka.
    Here it is captured beautifully. Moving from light to dark as she truely comes to see that life is not always a victory and that things are more complicated and difficult then she previously assumed:

[​IMG]

6. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  8. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]
    I just loved this whole scene. Sidious was positively chilling during the ending scene in "The Lawless" and this screencap just downright shows that.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I thought Dooku was the essence of utter badassery in that scene.

Anakin is going all out, but Dooku just stands there and casually duels him, with one hand literally behind his back.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Agreed the only duel between Anakin and Dooku out of all 50 or so of them that had any weight. Each time Anakin got a little darker but none more than here. Dooku was barely breaking a sweat until one lucky kick knocked him down then it was all lightning.

cwustudent and Sable_Hart like this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Possibly the most awesome shipboard fight sequence in the history of SW:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    To go with the theme of Mandalorians:

I thought Sundari was one of the coolest locales in TCW, a domed city existing in the middle of a lifeless desert supporting thousands, if not millions of inhabitants. To preserve precious space, many structures are literally built on the side and top of the dome, leading to some bizarre but awesome-looking building designs:

[​IMG]
    The palace of Sundari

I particularly loved the design of Peace Park, with its transparisteel walkways and trees growing on the top of the building, illustrating how space is such a commodity on Sundari. This reminds me a little of highly urban cities with numerous skyscrapers such as NYC and Hong Kong.

[​IMG]
    Peace Park

On a different note, I also loved the environment on Carlac, with its numerous cherry blossoms in a snowy environment, evoking scenery from a Japanese mountain village.

[​IMG]
    Ming Po Village

Paparazzo, cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  14. WatTamborWoo

Jan 22, 2011
    Carlac was wodnerful with the snow and the Mandalorians and their armour fitted in brilliantly. Also the small details in TCW are excellent like the footprints in the snow. They have just turned in a circle and the animators have put the footprints there (we don't notice since we are concentrating on the dialogue, but this detail is only noticable in screencaps).
    Bo-Katan: "You're late, kid".

[​IMG]

Grievousdude likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ARRR! Avast ye dog!

Paparazzo and Seerow like this.
  18. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Since I lack both source material and ability to screen cap at the present, I'm adding a vote to the one Todd Posted. I would have maybe chosen one of the "busier" frames before or after that, but that scene is visually cool..

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Nuff said.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If I had better video editing skills and software I might try doing some kinda morph of the two shots.

20. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Is there any way to Thumbnail the pics smaller? Even the existing smaller than original size is playing merry frak with my ability to access this thread due to lots of big images.

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I probably should have said something about a rule of "keeping the image sizes down" in the original post since the large images will cause viewing problems for some.

22. WatTamborWoo

Jan 22, 2011
    One of the few times when we acually see the Jedi happy to just be Jedi without all the other stuff that's going on in their upside down lives. A joyous moment:

[​IMG]

23. garrwars

garrwars Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 31, 2011
  24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I love this one. Most places where I watched TCW only have Season 4 and 5 online now so I cant do screencaps of those and have to hope someone else has put them on the internet.:( I can do screencaps of Season 4 and 5 though.
    [​IMG]

cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  25. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]
    This picture in my opinion simply makes Waxer's death in "Carnage of Krell" even sadder.