main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What should Ahsoka's fate be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Aug 6, 2010.

?

What should Ahsoka's fate be?

1. Killed in a lightsaber duel (Grievous, Ventress, etc)

11.2%
  2. Killed by someone else (Bane, Vizsla, Boba, etc)

14.0%
  3. Noble self-sacrifice (ie. Weapons Factory)

17.5%
  4. Expelled from the Jedi Order

12.6%
  5. Away on a solo mission

3.7%
  6. Assigned to a new master

4.6%
  7. Knighted and away on a mission

4.9%
  8. Inserted in Order 66 sequence being killed

11.7%
  9. Fallen to the Dark Side

6.0%
  10. MIA/POW

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would rather have her try to investigate who the Sith really are, since nobody else is bothering to, and that means spying on Dooku. And seeing that she'll be acting alone and off the reservation now, she is no longer tied down with the Jedi Code and all. This is where finding out about Palps comes in and where he captures her for his own safekeeping, which is carbon frozen along with Darth Maul.

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

And what of Luke, Han, Leia, and Lando? Have these past thirty years of Star Wars literature been a failure because they haven't yet shown the demises of those characters?

*And you can reason that it's a flaw that more of those people haven't yet been killed off, but at this point in time, that "flaw" is an essential conceit of the non-film Star Wars universe. At a certain point, you can no longer call something a flaw when it's a defining factor in the course the story has taken.

Note, though: I agree that, in a time when the galaxy is in turmoil, it would feel right for her to have some share in its fate. Just saying it wouldn't be entirely illogical if that never happened.

And besides, personally, I'd like to see her back alongside Lux on Onderon, leading the cell (which would circumvent the whole issue of her hesitating to enter a new group, since she knows they respect her, and she could actually have authority there).

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You're going to get your wish. I called it.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I was serious with my prediction a page back actually. Depending on the kind of content Rebels can get away with I think there is a real good possibility Rebels will start with a flashback which includes the death of a former Jedi. Ahsoka is an obvious choice. I'm imagining something sappy like main character a sees this and is somehow driven by this event. I'm sorry for any damage this image may have cause anyone. =b

5. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Ahsoka: I have to go now my planet needs me

Note: Ahsoka died on the way back to her home planet

BigAl6ft6 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Ha, I know you're not happy about it, and honestly I don't care either way, but if the show takes place within, I'd say, 5 to 8 years post-ROTS, it just... makes sense. For merchandising, and everything else. If I were in the writer's room, I'd say, "Well, it may not be what you originally planned, but this was sorta accidentally set up as her overall character arc for the last season of TCW..."

But if the show timeline tips farther toward ANH, I'm inclined to agree that it's a bad choice to include her.

My whole thing is, though, these are narrative choices. It seems to me that many people are using in-universe logic-based arguments to say why this person or that one should or shouldn't show up, but those arguments don't really hold up against a few lines of possible exposition. The point is, though, a bad idea doesn't need to be disproved as illogical... it just needs to be left out, period. And most often, those "bad ideas" aren't bad until they're implemented; they're just risky ideas. It'd be called "shoehorning" if done badly, or "defying expectations" if done well (that's a roll of the dice), so I guess we all try to find good logic-based reasons to avoid a particularly risky character or situation... but the thing is, if that risk is trumped by a badass idea from out of left field to make that character or situation totally work, then great.

So, TL;DR: It's wiser not to get hung up on a concept, as that often taints our perception of its execution.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I figured.

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Ha, no, I meant I don't really care whether they do it or not. I guess when I say "I'd like to see ______", I just mean, it makes sense/puts a bow on her story/fills some sort of OCD Tetris-hole in the plot for me.

But I'm one of the few people who thought the Onderon arc was more than just mediocre. If the show has something better to show me, I'll take it.

9. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Look, if she ends up surviving and doesn't die in Rebels I'm not going to make a big deal about it. And no I don't think Star Wars EU literature is a failure just because Lando, Luke, Leia, and Han are still running around. At least we know what they end up doing in the EU after ROTJ concludes. With Ahsoka we don't know where she goes and-or what she does after she leaves the Order. To be perfectly honest I actually want to know what she does after she leaves the Order more so than whether she ends up getting killed or not.

Your idea of her joining Lux on Onderon does sound like a pretty good concept.

And as Seerow mentioned we don't know if and how her character will be used in Rebels. I assume that she will at least make an appearance since Filoni is involved with this show.

10. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Oh, I'm pretty much with you, but viewing it from all sides in the event that it doesn't happen, well... if there's an explanation to be given, the Big Three OT explanation might be one of them.

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't know that the number is as small as you may think, but either way, I'm with you on this one. I enjoyed the arc on the whole (though I remember feeling at the time that one episode suffered a bit from pacing issues), and after viewing this:

http://starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep503/#!/media/commentary

I became all the more intrigued. I'd bet my bottom wupiupi that Onderon points the way to at least the initial direction of Rebels.

And more generally on topic, I don't think there's snowball's chance that we won't see Ahsoka reunite with Lux and stoke the fires of rebellion (my only question is whether or not Rex joins them). And that's... okay with me, as I'm open to seeing her again in the early years, post-ROTS (just please, in the name of all that is good and holy, please keep her away from the later formation of the Rebel Alliance, proper).

PraenomenCognomen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.