main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I am looking forward to this and Yoshi's Island! Not to mention the Oracle tiles and Wind Waker: Reborn. I wonder if they will unveil the other Wii U title at E3 or Post-E3 Direct (Maybe not as it might steal the spotlight from TWW:R)

In music news, the team at ZREO has made another statement on their site to answer some questions to fans. Including alternative hosting of their Twilight Symphony and creating music videos for the album on their YouTube channel.

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Season 2 (aka Second Quest) dates announced!
    http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

I definitely going to the Mann Center in Philly again. I loved it and I can't wait to experience it again!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm tempted to go again, but the Mann Center had the most horrific parking and traffic problems humanly imaginable last time- enough that I pass it up this go around.

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    That's funny, I didn't have any problems. Sorry you did. :(

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I almost missed the start of the show, despite having given myself a respectable buffer to account for traffic and doing a slight jog from my car to the gate. They have multiple highway lanes that have to merge into a single lane for the off ramp, which then has to merge with a side road that has the right of way. I lost at least 30-45 minutes from that near stand-still.

And then, afterwards, they block off the road you come in from- so if you parked near the "back" on the grass (as any latecomer would have to) you don't even have the convenience of being able to get out easily. And it wasn't a one-way street!

Nope. You have to wait for the mother of all parking lot traffic nightmares as all of the graveled near-rows of cars try to merge into the single center gravel lane that leads towards the exit- which cuts off any and all access from the grass rows of cars.

It literally took almost an hour for my car to be able to move out of it's parking space and start to merge into the center lane. And then you had to wait for the enter lane to crawl forward from letting the rest of the gravel rows ahead of you merge into the center lane, which eventually merges with another lane far down the way.

At that point I actually squeezed out of my place in line and offroaded through the grass lot into a new merge line that was forming which allowed me to bypass a few gravel rows. It was only then that things assumed your more typical post-concert bad exit traffic.

I mean, if it was this bad for a "niche" event like the Zelda Symphony, I can't imagine what it'd be like for a more mainstream event. I'd be hard pressed to want to go to anything there ever again (even if the venue itself is rather nice).

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    A Link to the Past has a cool plot imo. I like plots that involve ancient stuff.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've always enjoyed its story. The whole discovering an ancient evil trying to return/escape angle is a great starting point for an adventure- especially if one hadn't seen or read LOTR until 8 years later ;)

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I still haven't seen or read LOTR. Perhaps I should point out that the Sith are an ancient evil that returns.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    True, though the fantasy settings of Zelda and LOTR are much more similar than LOZ & SW.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    because Star Wars is science fantasy and the other two are just fantasy?

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty much- they share more common elements like elves and such.

But, more directly, the Sith are a lineage or philosophy that returns, trying to gain power, whereas Ganon and Sauron are the same evil sorcerers previously defeated who are massing their forces for their return/escape- in the process taking over a castle via a King's advisor who corrupts/withers the King to do his bidding, all in pursuit of obtaining or maintaining possession over a single powerful, magical artifact.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If it was never stated otherwise, I would think that Palpatine is the original Sith.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It was stated otherwise, however ;).

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I know. Anyway, I love how Star Wars brings Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Politics together.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We need more LOTR-esque Zelda games. Of the games I've played, ALTTP and Twilight Princess probably capture that essence the best. I guess Skyward Sword would arguably be the equivalent of The Silmarillion.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ^ Two of those characters might have trouble with their drinks. Ganondorf is probably running late as usual.

Giving the heads up that the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games are now available on the 3DS eShop. They have a special discounted price at the moment.

Also thought I might share this, Draw My Life: Zelda style.

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    That was a cute and funny video. Thanks for sharing.

I have officially purchased my tickets for "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses - Second Quest" at the Mann Center in Philly. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I'll be there with my brother and sister in law.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always thought Melkor = founder of the Sith, Palpatine = Sauron

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Lucky! I love that they are calling it the second quest. So fitting!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I almost feel obligated to attend just due to my namesake, ha. But two of my summer classes have cancelled on me so I might be able to swing it.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Some footage of two of the 4 upcoming Zelda titles

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Wind Waker HD

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I dig the ALTTP2 subtitle. That wall picture mechanic is going to be sick...

Zeta1127 likes this.
  25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Nothing too new or surprising, but still nice to see those clips.