main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    Should this have applied to Grievous as well?

2. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    A little bit extreme don't you think?.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

As much as I enjoyed my favorite smartass saying "You're shorter than I expected"...yes.

4. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I want Ahsoka to appear.

5. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Like Aayla Secura & Quinlan Vos in EpII & EpIII? They came from the comics.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I dont remember them. Were they like background cameos or something? *not joking, I'm serious I dont remember most prequel characters outside of the main ones :( *

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Aayla had a death scene that was deleted; not sure about Vos.

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    If its *Ahsoka* is just some cute little background easter egg for prequel fans then sure go ahead. But if they try to make her some MAJOR character then that might be hard since they'll have to explain who she is, why she is there, and why we never saw her in the films before and why she is never mentioned in the prequels *because lets face it not everybody in the general audience is familiar with The Clone Wars*.

9. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Aayla is on screen during the Geonosis battle & her death is onscreen on EIII. Vos is name dropped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having an elderly female Jedi would be something new & cool for SW. Why not use an established character connected to Luke's father who already has a gigantic fanbase among young fans? :)

10. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Not to millions of kids who are more familiar with Ahsoka than Han & Leia :)

Unlike literary EU characters, her back story relevance is really simple: she was a Jedi in training during the Clone Wars, apprenticed to Luke Skywalker's father, Anakin. She survived Order 66 by leaving the Jedi Order. Simple :)

11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe but ask some random person on the street who Ahsoka is and they probably will go "Who?". Also...why would she need to be in the sequel trilogy in a major part? If we need an older female jedi just create a new one and save yourself the time and hassle *unless they completely ignore the whole "I was Anakins apprentice/all clone wars stuff" and just treat her like a new character*. I just feel like it would take too much time explaining and I would rather they spend time developing our new characters than trying to explain why a cartoon character *who was never mentioned in the live action films which are the main canon people are familiar with* is now in a live action movie. IMO not worth it other than in a quick little easter egg.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

Exactly. Especially since Ahsoka, by her own choice, is no longer a Jedi.

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    IF they needed to have her live action then put her in the time period she belongs in....the prequels. No need to shove her into the originals. Let her be in the prequels *spin off film or what not* and let her be young, and peppy whatnot there. It would be easier to explain her in the time period she is from *just my opinion*

14. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Aayla is also in the Jedi Temple in AOTC. Vos is also in TPM in the background:

[​IMG]

I don't mind Ahsoka being in it. But if she is it had better be for a very good reason serving the story in a meaningful way.

The thing is Star Wars Episodes I-IX is a Saga about the Skywalker family primarily.
    Other characters are vignettes, cameos which add to the richness of the world the Skywalker family inhabit.

So Skywalker family first, other characters later and no shoehorning of other characters just becuase they "inhabit" the same "universe".

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003

That's ^ Hottie McSmurf isn't it ?

16. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013

A good example to look at would be Trek, where they actually tried to maintain continuity for 40 years for 6 TV series and 9 films. Even allowing for retcons (Klingons appearance from TOS to later) the existing canon becomes a boat anchor around the neck creatively.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They don't even need to create a new one because they already have Leia.

I can't think of a single reason for Ahsoka to be the ST. Luke has Obi-Wan and Yoda if he needs information about the old Jedi Order and if he needs information about his father then who better to ask then the ghost himself.

18. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    I don't hate Ahsoka, but I don't like her either. I think she was unnecessary. I'm a girl, and I suppose I'm young enough to be called a child. I've always been way more interested in Anakin and Obi Wan than Anakin and Ahsoka. So, I don't think she should be in Episode VII. No one knows who she is, anyways.

Just my thoughts...

GGrievous and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  19. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    As much as I like Ahsoka (my third favorite Star Wars character), I don't see there being very much reason for her appearing in the ST at all. If they could make it work, that would be great, but I would rather have her appear in the upcoming new show, Star Wars: Rebels.

20. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Some people take the EU far too seriously.

None of it has any meaning in the overall Star Wars Canon. Deal with it already :p

21. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008

This. I don't think the ST really needs her.

22. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    If Force Ghosts have a 'shelf-life' (a period during which they are able to interact with the living, and after which they merge fully with the Force) as the EU has suggested; then Ahsoka could be useful - if only to inform Luke/Leia who their maternal relatives actually are

InterestingLurker likes this.
  23. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Plot for SW VII:
    Force Ghost Anakin to Luke: "Tell Ahsoka I was wrong, she would have made it as Obi-Wan's apprentice..."
    The search begins...

24. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Tough question, as on one hand I feel that the original cast-Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher, etc.-didn't really get finished with their stories in the galaxy, as yes it can be looked at as ROTJ ending their stories, but I just feel that Star Wars is still, in a way, about them...I mean, technically their characters were the catalyst to the success of a franchise that we all get to enjoy today...

...and on the other hand, I've read talk of fans wanting series originals such as again-Ford, Hammil, Fisher, etc.-to get "offed" in the film...and hearing this I kinda want them to not even show up on screen, and to instead "ride of into the sunset", so to speak...

I am of the opinion that I would like to see new characters, not replace original ones, but instead have good enough storylines to take their own places among the Star Wars Universe as it seems pretty easy to "off" a character rather than think up a storyline for said character into the future. It also would be nice if the cast were a talented group of unknown actors and weren't just picked because of their possible involvement in a previously successful movie/franchise...

Truly though, is "offing" the characters really what some fans would want to see, because I can think of a few examples that go against this theory: In ROTJ Boba Fett was swallowed by a Sarlaac and so fans wrote in to George Lucas discussing their displeasure of the Mandalorian bounty hunter's demise. In The Phantom Menace, a certain Darth Maul character was killed off and fans thought that this shouldn't have happened, also-and this goes outside the Star Wars Universe, but I still feel serves as a valuable example, hopefully-there's Indiana Jones' most recent installment in the series, where Sean Connery's character was written off and killed, yet a lot of peoples' favorite Indiana Jones movie was/is The Last Crusade, because of the chemistry between "father and son" characters played by Ford and Connery...oh, and just to clarify, when I say "fans" I don't mean this is what everybody wanted, just that large majorities-popular consensuses-and whatnot seem to have favored the above...

...what I'm trying to say in my long round-about way (no comments to the latter please [face_rofl]) is that when you "off" a character that's it, and odds are they aren't going to be written back into the fray...now in future installments of the series, we probably won't know what to expect from new characters, and while getting to know these new character's wouldn't it be best if we had familiar faces whom we know from experience, won't let us down when it comes to entertainment, ala the OT...

I don't know, that's just my opinion anyway... [face_dunno]

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have no problem with Ahsoka being in the new SW Rebels show because it isn't far from TCW events. But going 50 years+ on from the events we first saw her in and then having her come back would just be too weird. Plus she doesn't fit in the ST because she wasn't in the other movies and Anakin is gone.

This is exactly why I hoped she'd get killed-off in TCW, so such possibilities as her being in the ST couldn't happen.