main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bird dreams and more, drabbles 7th challenge week 20 (complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    He will be and is featured in the next set
    The healers did and it led to becoming a padawan.
    Jesin's adventure continues in the next set and he is featured in the minor roulette (Ulon Glost)

61. Past
    The past, that was for Jesin Fialka his life as a padawan of Carli Espino when order 66 was given. Espino’s taskforce had been engaged in a fight with an armada of warships when a clone-commander received a message, began to order ‘arrest those traitors’ and fired without warning a blaster at Carli. The shot was deflected by her lightsaber and hit the shield-controls. Shields failed immediately and abandon ship was blaring everywhere when enemy-fire hit the cruiser. Jesin was stuffed by his master into an escape-pod of the Jedi-cruiser and was overwhelmed by grief when he felt her death.

62. Present
    The present, that was for Jesin Fialka being in a hospital bed in a Mos Eisley hospital. Attached to tubes and leads he couldn’t escape bed or room but he didn’t mind. The wounded man in the other bed had ensured him that he was safe from clone troopers – now called storm-troopers – searching everywhere for surviving Jedi.

Jesin was glad that Beru Lars – the woman who had found him trapped in his escape-pod – had followed the advice of her husband Owen. The man didn’t want a Jedi in the house and had helped Beru to carry him to the airspeeder.

63. Future
    Jesin Fialka listened to the tale of his room-mate Halfir Majeski.

“My freighter was caught in the blast that destroyed your Jedi-cruiser. I had to crash-land her on dustball Tatooine. We had to meet each other. I was carried in when that woman came with you to the ER-room. I sensed your grief and asked student assistant doctor Tonia Egvards to put me in the same room. We will find a way to make a living. I sense that we will have a future together.”

“I like to know how you could convince those troopers that we are simple pilots.”

64. Memories
    “I have the power of the engwa eiaala,” Halfir Majeski grinned. “Those troopers have simple minds and are easy to convince.”

“You are a Jedi?”

“No Jesin. I am a Dunai elder from Moniron and I have sensed that you must be related.”

Dredging up memories from his early days in the Jedi temple crèche Jesin remembered what one of the masters had told him. “I was born on Lingala and found by a Jedi in a crashed landspeeder. My parents were dead. The Jedi asked the Lingalan authorities if they could take me to be trained as a Jedi.”

65. Expectations
    “You must be a Dunai,” Halfir stated. “Thousands of years ago travellers from Moniron colonized Lingala and mixed with the humans living there. You have the same powers as me.”

“I couldn’t compete with most of my age-mates because I was rather clumsy and not that strong in the Force,” Jesin grinned. “But Master Espino had great expectations when she took me as her padawan.”

“I will be proud if I can teach you more about the Dunai elder and the engwa eiaala. Will you become my partner?”

“I will.” Jesin sat up in bed.

“Easy Jesin. Recovering is first.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super use of these great prompts

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice to learn more aboit Jesin. :)

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    After a tough day at work, discussing marks for 5 hours with colleges, THIS thread is a real treat. Thanks, dear bird, for cheering me up with your poetical words.

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more is coming in the next set
    Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

After a day with almost no access to the internet (all people here were watching the king on You Tube) here is the next set with Jesin and Halfir and first a piece of fanart belonging to 62. Present

[​IMG]

Beru has found Jesin Fialka

66. Castle
    “Boys this is a mess. No pillow fights are allowed.”
    “Hey goodmorning doc,” Halfir Majeski put on his biggest smile when he saw Tonia Egvards coming into the room. “Jesin here wanted to know some more about the planet we are stranded on and I was using my pillows and sheets to demonstrate where my boss lives.”
    “And what is that supposed to resemble? For me it is just a mess made out of your bed.”
    “He is showing the castle of Gardulla the Hutt,” Jesin Fialka began to smile when he saw Tonia focussing on one of the pillows.

67. House
    “My boss is Jabba the Hutt!”
    “And this is his castle,” Jesin grinned mischievous. The pillow lifted and began to float towards Tonia.
    “No pillow fights,” Tonia managed to grab the pillow before it landed on her hair. “This is a hospital you know, a house of healing.”
    “We know,” Halfir gave a warning gaze towards Jesin. “And we know that you have no love for the empire that’s forming under Palpatine. You and your friends are keeping us safe here. But we need a safe house after our release.”
    “I have arranged that house for you near my home.”

68. Hut
    “This is a hut,” Jesin sulked when he hobbled on his crutches inside following Tonia and Halfir. “And it smells of poodoo. Figures with the eopies living next door.”
    “My landlord runs this stable and has agreed to give you this ‘hut’ until we can find a better place,” Tonia smiled when she saw who was coming towards them.
    “I am Gerrik Smith and have put two comfortable beds in the hut.” A man shook hands with Tonia, Jesin and Halfir. “You will be safe here. I have no love for those white plated lookalikes of Jango Fett at all.”

69. Tent
    “And now a tent and we are ready to go to Jabba the Hutt’s castle,” Jesin was all smiles. His brace was removed by Tonia and he could now walk without the cumbersome crutches.
    “I have sold the tent I owned to that sad man who bought old Lisa,” Gerrik had now a very sad look on his face. “I can tell you more about him. He lost his brother and sister in law in the wars and the baby boy was their only child. He was taking the boy to his other brother who lives in a small community.”

70. Cave
    “I am glad we found this cave,” Halfir guided the two eopies inside. “And no Jesin, it isn’t a Krayt dragon’s lair.”
    “I would have liked to meet the creatures.”
    “Jesin, Krayt dragons are big, grab you with their claws and teeth and grind you to little pieces.”
    “And the young ones? Can you train a Krayt dragon to be your ride? You have told me of the winged Darrin of Moniron from long ago. That was a ride for warriors.”
    “Krayt dragons are wild and untrainable. Get our bedding spread out. I will stir up some dinner for two.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The kids are so cute :) and the fan art is great!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic =D= Kids are so inventive and playful. :)

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I had to go without internet a bit longer than you did.

Now that I am back from the Harz Mountains/ Germany and did NOT bump into George Clooney in Goslar, I have time again to read your sweet update.

Loved the fanfic and the hair style of your fanfic character in the drawing. [face_love]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jesin has now a great helper in Halfir
    You will see Jesin more in a longer fic about him and Halfir. They will meet the Finn family and friends in the future and that's where the next set of drabbles is about

71. Wife
    In his former life as a Jedi-nurse working in the Jeditemple on Coruscant Beran Daranon never would have thought about taking a wife.
    The clone-wars were going to make all different for him and his colleague nurse Skon Peverin.
    They had to care for an injured Jedi-healer Jadin Finn. The healer had saved the bridge-crew and more members of the doomed Jedi stardestroyer Coronet Enterprise and had made an escape with his nurses – three advanced medical clones – to be saved by the troops of general Plo Koon.
    Dreaming about sticking to Jadin Finn had him and Skon traveling to Moniron.

72. Mother
    Beran met his father and mother – Shemi and Madia Er-Jimal – in Noranan when the grief at feeling Jedi die after order 66 was given overwhelmed him. Guided by their Dunai elder powers father and mother came to comfort him.
    Madia told him that Beran was born in Breil on the planet Bothawui and taken by the nurses for some tests. And she was told one hour later by a rude doctor that her baby had died.
    Beran could tell his parents that the woman whose baby had died didn’t want him and left him to be sent to an orphanage.

73. Daughter
    “I was taken by a Bothan Jedi-healer to Coruscant and the Jedi.”
    Beran Daranon had been telling his tale and more and was finishing a tale about another Jedi youngling when he heard the love of Jadin Finn – that Jedi-healer was now also taking a wife – giving a soft gasp. It was expected. Arisha was having her baby.
    Jaril – helped by the Jedi-nurses and Jadin Finn – was able to help his daughter to deliver her baby with ease.
    Jadin and Arisha named their son Koranar.
    A very proud father placed the baby after caring for him in his daughter’s lap.

74. Sister
    Koranar Finn followed in his father’s footsteps and became a surgeon.
    His younger sister Adanel did the same and met the Jedi youngling – now an adult and an ER-doctor – Timo Herefa when that man and his colleagues Aradan Mirdees and Jehna Er-San was called to assist in Noranan to save the life of Jedi-healer Aaqu Maerhin.
    And it was that event that led Beran Daranon to his wife Tara, the pilot who had transported the doctors to Noranan.
    Beran was getting caf saw her and had eyes only for beautiful red haired Tara Magali when he felt a bond forming.

75. Aunt
    Aunt Adanel Herefa-Finn was very pleased when she saw her brother’s son Kiril Finn presenting a drawing of an X-wing to Tara. She had received a drawing of the Beast – one of the rescue craft of Noranan general hospital – from her nephew.
    For the celebration of 100 years of Noranan general hospital a drawing competition was started for the children. The drawings had been shown.
    And Kiril – in for more drawing – had made the two drawings for Adanel and Tara.
    Often to be seen in the hospital after school-time he had all the time to study the various rescue craft.

@Jade_eyes
    @Hazel
    @AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice snapshots of Beran's life. :)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice tying all the characters together - flowed very well =D=

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Have to agree with Jade here. Nice flow. Also short and emotional with the deepth of a haiku.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    thank you again and here is a new Halfir and Jesin moment when they meet Jabba the Hutt
    @Jade_eyes
    @Hazel
    @AzureAngel2

76. Assume

“Do I have to assume a new identity?” Jesin Fialka was guiding his eopie to a halt before a forbidding fortress.

“Not necessary,” Halfir Majeski replied. He was seated on the other eopie and guiding two heavy loaded eopies on a leash. “Jabba the Hutt is not interested in the fact that I have a new assistant. He just wants that precious metal ore what is loaded on the eopies.”

“But he is your boss.”

“Yeah sort of but I own the YT-1300 light freighter that’s now in need of repairs. You don’t have to worry about Jabba at all.”

77. Misunderstand

“Halfir Majeski and Jesin Fialka are here to see Jabba the Hutt.” Halfir saw the metal eye coming very close to his face before retracting in its hold.
    A door remained shut and silent.

Jesin started to snicker “I have to get a new identity.”

Halfir banged now more loudly on the door, satisfied when the lid opened again to reveal the eye. “Don’t let this be misunderstood. I am Halfir Majeski and this is Jesin Fialka. He is my new assistant.”

A door started to open revealing the sharp spikes at the underside.

“I have a very bad feeling.”

78. Confuse

“Jesin do what I told you. Get in and don’t worry. We will leave this palace the way we have come.”

“Sure boss,” Jesin followed Halfir as soon as there was enough room for them and their eopies. And he came to a stop before a Gamorrean guard that eyed him with a confused look on his face.

“You will lead us immediately to Jabba.”

“I will lead you immediately to Jabba,” the guard replied in a monotone and began to head down the cavernous hall.

“Why did you have to confuse him?” Jesin whispered only for Halfir to hear.

79. Deny

“I had to because the Gamorrean was interested in our supplies. We need those on the way back to Mos Eisley.”

“And that puts me at ease,” Jesin whispered when he followed Halfir and the guard to a large room.

“Halfir Majeski and his assistant Jesin Fialka are here to see Jabba,” the guard stated. “But there…”

“Don’t deny them entrance. I will lead them to Jabba,” Bib Fortuna bowed to Halfir – recognising him – and Jesin. “They have the merchandise for my master. Don’t come near their property or you will suffer the consequences.”

The guard squealed and hurried away.

80. Admit

“I have to admit that the Twi’lek was very rude to the Gamorrean but we gained entrance to Jabba,” Halfir was unloading the last bags of ore with Jesin helping him.

“And you didn’t have to use any mindtrick on Jabba to have him giving us the credits we earned,” Jesin snickered.

“A mindtrick on Jabba,” Halfir began to laugh. “That doesn’t work on a Hutt. We can go now and be back in that Krayt dragon cave before the night.”

“Where – I have to admit – are no Krayt dragons at all,” Jesin lead his eopie to the opening door.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    At least Jabba didn't have them thrown in the rancor's pit or visit the sarlacc :p Great use of this week's prompts.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun use of the prompts. :D

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A meeting with Jabba and nobody got killed or hurt! :p

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jabba is not always nasty;)

Now a new set with Halfir in his youth

@Jade_eyes
    @Hazel
    @AzureAngel2

81. Weapon

“The lightsaber is the weapon of a Jedi knight used only for defence. Some Jedi don’t carry a weapon at all. Master Fay, the sister of Jasir Ere-Dun, has built her lightsaber seventy years ago and left it in the Jedi temple when she became one of the nomadic Jedi knights.”

Halfir Majeski looked up when he heard teacher Mozlin droning on about the subject of weapons. Last week the subject about Jedi had been the discovery of Master Fay by Yoda.
    Halfir was glad that the Jedi had not discovered him. He liked his friends and family too much.

82. Helmet

“My helmet has now black and grey smudges,” Ivano Arvedai pointed at his helmet that he was holding before the holo-receptor to show to his friend Halfir Majeski.

“And mine is looking the same,” Jihan Eled-Non came to the holo-receptor waving with his helmet.

“What did the two of you do? Something reckless?”

“Just some firefighter training in a building with controlled burning stacks of wood,” Ivano grinned when he saw Halfir looking towards the helmets. “You will get training too when you are starting with the pilot-training.”

“Yeah, a merchant needs a freighter to see more of the galaxy.”

83. Shield

“No shield on this freighter,” Halfir Majeski was walking down the ramp of the YT-1300 freighter with the salesman from the Corellian Engineering Corporation.

“It is an old craft and belonging to the first series of YT-1300 freighters built by our company,” the salesman said with a slick smile on his face. “She is cheap and comes equipped with an astromech, a requirement when you are alone like you sir.”

“Cheap, I see,” Halfir eyed the rusty patches and the flaking white paint. “Get me a shield for free and I will buy her.”

“Done sir,” the salesman clasped hands.

84. Cloak

“The astromech responds to messy.”

Halfir saw the boarding-ramp closing behind the back of the salesman. He had now an YT-1300 freighter equipped with a shield but in need of more modifications. For that he had found a parts shop somewhere on Corellia but first he had to get there. He entered the cockpit and dropped his cloak – with the sale-documents in a pocket – on the co-pilot seat.
    Sitting down and punching in coordinates he ordered “Messy power her up. Cormond bits and parts is our destination.”

Twieeet piweeet

Halfir engaged the thrusters and wondered why the name was Messy.

85. Transmitter

“Now I know it,” Halfir grumbled. “Messy you are indeed messy. Even the transmitter is working against me. Did you program the thing to not respond to that kind owner of Cormond bits and parts? I have to land the craft without any help.”

Halfir was glad that he had taken the entire pilot training course on Moniron. Now he could land the freighter without trouble and without astromech assistance. A nice meeting followed and he ordered among things like weapons and more shields a reliable transmitter unit for the freighter named by him Kerebuy hawk after a new paintjob.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice use of the prompts in a coherent flow -- Messy, quite a name LOL and apparently fits. ;)

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehe!! I like Messy.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Short, thoughtful and yet fun! :D

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Messy is fun to write more about
    The new sets of prompts had me again writing a Halfir adventure with a lot of fun

86. Sing
    ‘That Twi’lek dancer can sing,’ Halfir Majeski thought when he entered the large room where the being he wanted to do business with was seated on a dais. He had never seen a being as big as that and had his mouth dropping open a bit when he eyed the slug like giant reaching with a tiny hand into a bowl where another singing was heard.
    Halfir’s mouth closed. Disgust was showing on his face when he saw the living animal – two feet and a rotund body supporting a birdlike head – being devoured by the enormous mouth of the slug.

87. Talk
    Abba wabba poowwoo da binda wanda wanna udoe jabba yudd.
    That’s what the talk sounded in Halfir’s ears and he waited patiently for someone to translate.
    Bib Fortuna did.
    Halfir heard the translation and surmised that the being on the dais was known as Jabba the Hutt and quite interested in what he was bringing. He opened the satchel and took out one of the ore samples and gave it to the Twi’lek. He saw it being given to the Hutt and waited.

But.
    The Twi’lek dancer resumed her dance and song.
    Halfir waited. Patience was tested to the limit.

88. Yell
    Even more when an orchestra led by a Bith and another singer began to entertain the guests.
    Jabba was inspecting the ore sample.

Halfir put his hands to his ears when the singer – introduced as Sy Snootles – began to yell (that’s what it was for Halfir) her song.
    And Jabba remained busy oblivious to the discomfort of some of his guests.

Halfir was about to yell some Mustafarian curse he had heard during the purchase of the ore when the singing and dancing ceased.
    Bib Fortuna – standing patiently near the dais – took the ore sample and came forward towards Halfir.

89. Whisper
    Almost deaf after the assault of the band Halfir had to strain his ears to hear the whisper.
    “The most exalted and illustrious Jabba the Hutt wants to buy your entire supply of this fine Mustafarian ore.”

“Tell your master Jabba the Hutt that the humble freighter pilot Halfir Majeski is very pleased with the generous offer. I will wait for his order.” Halfir bowed down and listened to Bib Fortuna bringing his message to the Hutt. For Halfir it was again a series of abba jabba woodoo and whatever Bib gurgled in Huttese.

But the result counted for him.

90. Ignore
    Halfir’s entrance into the palace of Jabba the Hutt had been rather difficult. He had to persuade a droid first, followed by a bunch of Gamorrean guards who tried to bodily search him before he was led by – obviously the chief of the guards – to the large room.

Halfir was smiling when he left the palace. Now he could ignore the guards. He had a datapad in his hand with Jabba’s signature. It gave him also a free pass to the great auction on Corellia. He had to buy works of art and some Corusca gems for Jabba the Hutt.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great snippets with Halfir. :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay Halfir can have more adventures, away from Hutts. :p

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I like Halfir! Well written, dear bird! :D

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He sure has more adventures.
    Snippets from one are in the new set of drabbles

91. Conquer
    Conquer the galaxy and make slaves of all infidels; that was one of the goals of the Yuuzhan Vong when they invaded the galaxy known to the new republic.
    Jesin Fialka and Halfir Majeski saw one of the newsflashes about the invasion on the holotube. They were taking a break from their work. It was necessary work after a disastrous meeting with a rock – one of many in orbit around the Pangona system – that disabled their transport the very reliable YT-1300 freighter named Kerebuy Hawk. They had to earn credits to repair the freighter needed for their search for Moniron.

92. Dictate

“Who are they to dictate that all of us are infidels,” Jesin grumped when he stood up. He walked back to the table where the plans to build dams and more water-works to keep the buildings of Pangona city safe were spread out.

“Yuuzhan Vong,” Halfir mused. “And they are not the first. You have seen what Palpatine was doing after declaring himself emperor. He wanted an empire for humanoids only.”

“With a clear preference for human humanoids and he sure was busy to exterminate all Force sensitives he couldn’t turn into willing hunters for the glory of the Sith.”

93. Rebel

“I got caught up in the Jedi extermination when your master stuffed you in an escape-pod.”

“I was saved by the aunt of a rebel, now grand master of the New Jedi-order,” Jesin grinned. “Beru Lars took me to the university hospital of Mos Eisley where I was treated by Tonia Egvards. She and her friends became rebels too and hid us at the Eopie stable of Gerrik Smith."

“Where I had to hide the two of us in the Force when Obi-Wan and Luke arrived to purchase an Eopie,” Halfir took a pencil and scribbled something on the plan.

94. Aftermath

“The dam needs exhaust-ports?” Jesin took a datapad with his notes and began to evaluate what Halfir had scribbled on the plans. “Ah I see; the aftermath of a real big flash flood and tornado can lead to water accumulating in the lower parts of the city. We need pumps and pipes too to get the excess water out. Will the authorities give enough credits?”

“They will. I don’t have to use my powers at all. We have come up with a good plan to take care of water and weather.”

“I hope the Yuuzhan Vong will leave Pangona alone.”

95. Rebirth

The events leading to the rebirth of Pangona city took place exactly two years later when two X-wing pilots – escaping the Yuuzhan Vong – landed on the planet and met Jesin and Halfir.
    A plan to move the rocks – the troublemakers causing the flash floods and bad weather – was set in motion.
    An old Venator-class stardestroyer was taken out of her secret hiding-place and commissioned to the cause. Flown by a small crew she landed on Pangona with supplies to build a new hospital and more.
    Ships – carrying refugees from Hamalk – had a wealthy man aboard taking care of the credits.

AzureAngel2 likes this.