main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    But dont you know that death hasn't stopped people from wanting to ressurect them just to put them in the sequel trilogy *example: Palpatine, plagueis, darth maul, Anakin, ect* ;)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked SithLordDarthRichie's post especially for that last statement, but...yeah.

Nobody really dies in Star Wars.

3. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Yep. Unlike Ben and Anakin, she's totally the only one that knows that.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    There is difference between bringing back a character who was in a previous movie and someone who in a TV show many casual SW viewers have probably not seen. Star Wars is not just for fans of the originals, it has been good at attracting new viewers. If people who have seen previous movies are going "who is that person and why are they talking about her like she was in it long ago?" Then it's not really going to work.
    At least guys like Darth Maul and Boba Fett were in the movies and most people know who they are.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I wouldn't mind too much if Ahsoka showed up during the ST so long as we're told where she's been during the OT period. I mean wouldn't she have sought out Luke after learning that he's a Jedi and has the last name Skywalker(especially since she was Anakin's apprentice)? If TCW can bring back Maul after being sliced in half and dumped down a hole I won't entirely rule out anything being possible when it comes to the ST.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Shaak Ti was already on the council IIRC by the time of AoTC. So she was probably over 30 by that point. Several years over 30.

By the time she faced Starkiller on Felucia she would have been well into her 50s, but didn't look any visibly more aged than her appearance during the PT era.

So maybe they do age slower / live longer than humans.

But, that said... I think Ahsoka needs to be kept away from the ST. It would take an absolute masterful genius of storywriting/filmmaking to have her in the ST and somehow not have it come off as horribly forced and cheesy. IOW, with the crew we've got behind this, it would be horribly forced and cheesy.

The closest you could come to anything-to-do-with-Ahsoka without being cringeworthy would be something like Luke going through Vader's personal vaults and finding her padawan braid still stashed in there somewhere. Or a scene of R2D2 replaying some of his stored memories as a hologram by way of educating Luke about his father's past, and Ahsoka showing up briefly in that. Something along those lines.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I like Ahoska but i hope not, I hope Vader hunts her down in Rebels

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, the best way to effectively end her role in Anakin's life is to have her killed by Darth Vader. Skywalker truly is gone if he has no issue with killing those he once cared so much for, not that it's him doing it but that's another debate entirely.

VanishingReality likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope not, I hope she just doesn't appear at all.

Pro Scoundrel , Darth Vader and eht13 like this.
  10. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    You're assuming Leia follows the Jedi path :)

If you ask most adults who Admiral Akbar is they'll also say "Who?" But ask kids & they know who Ahsoka is!

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really wouldn't mind at all if Jar Jar does appear.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I certainly hope they make Leia a Jedi Master not only because I think ROTJ indicates that but because I think Carrie Fisher would be amazing in the role. :) I liked Ahsoka for the most part and I'm all for having things in the films for kids to enjoy but what I don't think is a good idea is incorporating a character for name recognition alone when that character really has no purpose in the story. I just don't see any way Ahsoka could be important to the storyline.

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Agreed. I mean the fact that we are searching for reasons why she could be in it kinda shows that she isn't a natural fit for the sequel trilogy. She doesn't seem like a person who would make total sense to see. Characters like the OT3, Lando, Chewie, heck even Wedge and Palpatine make sense to return *not saying I want Palpatine to return but just saying*. Prequel characters who were never seen live action on screen and are only known by people who saw a cartoon...not soo much.

14. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    She connects the PT era to the OT era to the ST era. So she's a great choice! I hope she's all over the movie!

InterestingLurker likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

Do what? How?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Funny the same thing was said about Plagueis. "He connects the prequels to the originals and sequels". Now a days that excuse can be used for ANY prequel character *though it fits Obi wan and Anakin the most*

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Since Ahsoka isn't even in any of the prequel films I don't see how she could connect all three trilogies together. She might have been alive but her story takes place completely off screen.

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    TRUTH! How does a character never seen on screen and who most audiences *maybe other than kids who watched the cartoon* are unaware of connect the entire series? The droids connect the series more than Ahsoka does.

19. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, I really hope she's in the ST!

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I honestly wouldn't. I think it would be fun to have another JJB cameo.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  22. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    'Cause. Why not?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I hope Jar Jar is the pilot of the Falcon in the ST for the exact same "reason".

24. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Why not just add Starkiller's clone into the ST as well then, approximately the same amount of people know who he is and who this stupid Ashoka character is.

Honestly, do the people arguing for this not even realize how random and unknown she is to the vast majority of people that have never even heard of the Clone Wars series itself, much less some character in it?

Good grief, I hope they steamroll every EU piece ever written based on this conversation :p

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    She should appear in a spinoff series of the ST. Also, she should have her own spinoff movie. Perhaps show her to be quite powerful and not the weakling that got saved by little kids in Season 5.