main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Well, he didn't kill Luke, being the most awesome parent ever, he just chopped off his son's hand.

Ignoring that Luke was a freakish exception in every sense of the word, he could have easily killed Luke at any time, and ever since force-choking Padme pretty much anyone else is open to force-choke.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Me too!!

3. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    This is kind of true.
    I mean I like Ahsoka and Jar Jar. But I don't need closure on their stories in the ST.
    The ST is about the Skywalker family

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It shouldn't be. It should be more about a changed galaxy.

As for Jar Jar, he should be dead. Ahsoka deserves a spinoff film at least. She's one of the best characters in the entire Saga.

5. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Cad Bane!

...Did I already say that?

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They can make an Ahsoka spinoff film, but I wouldn't go see it even if I won free tickets.

Jar-Jar needs his own spinoff film. "How He Got Banished for Being Clumsy: The Real Story".

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Ahsoka should stay in the animated form, I'm fine with her having closure in one story arc of Rebels but no need to put her in any live action movies.

8. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    She doesn't appear in the films. There has never been anything about Anakin having a Padawan. Don't the films imply you must be a Master to have a Padawan, and Anakin is complaining about not being a master when he is appointed to the council.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin becomes Obi-Wan's Padawan in TPM, immediately after Obi-Wan is knighted.

Successfully training one or more Padawans to knighthood is, in fact, one of the ways to get the promotion to Master.

10. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm so glad there's a thread promoting the idea of Ahsoka being in the ST!! [face_party]
    This should be the opening of E7!!

[​IMG]

InterestingLurker likes this.
  11. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Actually, you have to be a Jedi Knight to have a Padawan and successfully training one is how you become a Jedi Master.

But anywho, she should at least be referenced to by Luke in the ST.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Why? Luke never met her and had no way of knowing who she was. Neither Obi-Wan nor Yoda mentioned her in the OT. And she wasn't a Jedi anymore, much less a great one that new Jedi should emulate--unless, of course, quitting the Order makes one a great Jedi, in which case it's too bad Dooku couldn't Force-Ghost. Interestingly enough, his reasons for leaving the Order are the same as those cited by people who defend Ahsoka's departure: he thought they and the Republic were corrupt and lost their way.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's the most common way, with occasional exceptions. Yaddle was promoted direct from Padawan to master- but that involved special circumstances, including a 100-odd year imprisonment.

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Too young as at the close of AotC (Anakin himself was still a Padawan then), and had parted ways with the Jedi Order by RotS (both comments from IU perspective). Her participation in the saga was in the gap between II and III.

End of TPM - Obi-Wan is promoted to Knight and immediately takes on Anakin as his Padawan - so no, the films do not imply that! What the films do imply is that a Jedi cannot ascend to the Rank (as opposed to the courtesy title) of 'Master' without having trained at least one Padawan to Knighthood. Ahsoka was still a Padawan when she parted ways with the Order.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin not making Master had nothing to do with Ahsoka. It had to do with his tendency to throw tantrums when he didn't get his way.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  16. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow, it's amazing to see so much warmth & support for the saga's most important character! Here's how Ahsoka could fit into E7: Ahsoka goes to the Outer Rim after she leaves the Jedi Order. She encounters another Tho Yor craft inhabited by benign Force Wielders. They train her to be super Force powered and it is revealed that it was actually Ahsoka's constant meditation that brought about Vader's turn and balance to the Force. At the start of E7 she emerges from the Force Wielder's craft, completely unaged because time moves more slowly inside the craft. She immediately starts retraining Luke (and calling him "Skyguy Jr.") and leads the battle against the New Sith Empire. E6 will be retitled "The Return of Anakin" so E7 can be titled "Return of the Jedi" meaning Ahsoka, of course!

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude. I've only had one cup of coffee but please tell me that was sarcasm.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Seriously. While there are fans of TCW here and there who may think Ahsoka is one of the "best characters of the saga," that's strictly an IRL reality for these folks, born of watching five years of Tano as a lead character in a cartoon.

From an in-universe perspective, as she's been depicted thus far, Ahsoka would barely register as a blip on the radar in the lives of the characters of the ST. From this in-universe perspective, she's but one of countless Padawans who served admirably in the Clone War, one whose legacy (as it stands now) is as a Jedi washout who was tried for sedition and treason against the Republic.

Short of an 85 year old Ahsoka Tano making an appearance in the ST, or Tano radically redefining her legacy in either Rebels or an EU appearance (which is a possibility, I'd guess), this is not going to change by the time of Episode VII. As such, I don't see how she warrants a mention by, say, a Luke Skywalker who's never even heard of her.

19. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Wow, it's amazing to see so much warmth & support for the saga's most important character!

and

But anywho, she should at least be referenced to by Luke in the ST.

-----

[​IMG]

20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Why not;

Ahsoka - "Master Skywalker? I was expecting you to look more like your father!"

Luke - "You knew my father?"

Ahsoka - "During the Clone Wars. I was his Padawan Learner through most of that time."

Luke - "Please walk with me and tell me more!"

That could lead to Luke learning exactly who, and what, his mother was and where she came from; and if (ST) Luke is still looking for Jedi Lore and Instructional Materials, visiting the family on Naboo could reveal that the planet was also Palpatine's birthworld, he kept a residence there and that all the missing records have been hidden away inside it!

21. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Ahsoka - "Master Skywalker? I was expecting you to look more like your father!"

Luke - "You knew my father?"

Ahsoka - "yes, I was once a Jedi knight the same as your father *leans back and thinks* well a padawan actually, ."

Luke - "Please walk with me and tell me more! and please meet my wife"

*Mara and Ahsoka are talking away, when the building they are in is blown to pieces*

** this happens with in the first 10 minutes of EP VII**

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fixed it slightly, but I could work with that, good job Tim Batteshell.

:D

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd much rather he or Leia learn of their mother from someone like Pooja Naberrie, who knew more about her than Ahsoka did. Leia and Pooja served in the Senate together without knowing they were cousins until much later.

As far as Anakin, Luke had Obi-Wan for that.

23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Including her in Episode VII is completely unnecessary!

She will show up later in SWRebels, I'm sure. The fans are expecting that. She may show up in a standalone film situated in the pre-ANH era. She will not have anything to do with Ep. VII, VII or IX.

24. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Interesting. And remember Padme had an older sister (name?) who had a son and a daughter. There are probably more relatives on Padme's side.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I think the possibility of an elderly Tano having a small but personally significant role such as this exists, sure. That said, I certainly don't believe it's a requirement for a successful ST.

Putting aside the important considerations of character and plot for a moment, one of my reservations of having Tano appear in any film is the fact that I've yet to see a convincing live-action take on Tano's character, and because of this, a part of me thinks she should always be presented in animated form.

Weird, maybe, as I've no real issue with, say, Shaak-Ti's live-action look, but the best IRL look for Ahsoka that I've seen is probably Eckstein's cosplay photos, but even they don't cut it for me. I think it's a product of getting to know the character in animated form first. With human actresses, the eyes are never big enough, or something.