main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will (Insert Character Name Here) Be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Luke's son!

...Did I already say that? :p

Seriously, though - call him "Ben Skywalker," or don't, but once Luke was 'confirmed' for the ST and we became reasonably assured that we're in for a passing-of-the-torch type of story, there was personally no character more important to have appear in the ST than "the son-of-the-son-of-Skywalker."

2. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I thought I was the only one thought Ahsoka's eyes were huge. I thought momentarily it was a species thing, something to do with Togruta's home world didn't have much sunlight or something, but then I distinctly remember Shaak Ti, up close (and personal) with Grievous,

suppose it was Filoni maniupulating the audiance to think "awwwww how adorable" kind of like Gizmo.

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    We're hardwired to feel protective of and caring towards those with disproportionately large eyes - take a look at a newborn human!

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Err, actually, Ahsoka left because the Council was against her in her time of need and almost made her die as a result. Also, the ST takes place a couple decades after the end of ROTJ so Luke will have more than enough time to have learned about his father's past and his downfall, which includes his father's mentorship of Ahsoka Tano.

Another thing, Dooku had very valid reasons for leaving the Order(mainly because they were arrogant, corrupt, and followed the Senate too much).

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Council's job was not to protect Ahsoka against the Senate, it was to serve the Senate and the Republic. She chose not to see that, and only to see how events in question affected her, as if the galaxy revolved around her. And she broke Anakin's heart, when he had done nothing but stand by her through the entire ordeal. She hurt him far more than she hurt any member of the Council, except for maybe Obi-Wan; although I'm sure that he will do what Ahsoka fans in the audience do and blame the Council for it.

As far as Dooku--of course, the path he took was a much better option than the "corrupt and arrogant" Jedi Council.

The ST: where exactly would Luke learn about Ahsoka? If she didn't come up in conversation in the OT, I have no reason to believe that the Force-ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda would mention her in the intervening 20 years. And if he finds some old archives, his reaction will probably be along the lines of 'WTF? My father had a Padawan who left the Order after being accused of blowing up the Temple? Her best friend of 10 minutes was the one who actually blew up the Temple because she wanted to kill corrupt Jedi or something? My mother got a one-day online legal degree and represented the Padawan in court? W...T...F?"

spicer likes this.
  6. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Dooku made the right decision when he left the Council. The decision he made after leaving them was the problem(joining the Sith).

Like I said, Luke won't learn about Ahsoka in the ST. And his reaction will probably be some more enlightenment on how the rift between Anakin and the Council widened in the first place. Also, Luke is probably very curious about this father. There's no reason to think that he won't want to learn more about his father's past after the events of ROTJ.

As for the Council, they weren't prudent in examining the evident. They didn't even question how convenient it was that Ahsoka was found with all the dead bodies or the nanodroids. Not that any of that matters in the end; Ahsoka still doesn't feel she's trustworthy in the eyes of the Council, as exemplified by her words at the end of the Season 5 finale before she left. Its not just betrayal, which I think is normal for someone who's own family almost had her die.

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    If you remember, Obi-Wan and Yoda gave Luke very limited information about his father (until Anakin/Vader let the felinx out of the sack himself, and forced their hands) and none at all about his mother - yet they were both very well aware of who she was.

Their plan was to have Luke kill Vader/Anakin, but he chose another way and redeemed his father instead.

She wouldn't have been mentioned during their lifetimes in case Luke and Ahsoka met and Luke was given the information they wanted to gloss over.

In an EU context, he would have seen her handwritten comments in the salvaged copy of 'The Jedi Path' when it came into his possession, and known from them (and the progression) that she had been his father's Padawan.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke could learn about his mother from Anakin or Obi-Wan or Yoda so I don't see why he would need Ahsoka for that.

spicer and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Going by Labyrinth of Evil, and Darth Plagueis, it was the other way round- while still on the Council, he made the decision to leave it, seek out the Sith, and learn from them. He joined Palpatine. He erased the records of Kamino (and possibily several other worlds) and only then, did he murder Sifo-Dyas, and formally leave the Jedi Order.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    He even saw Padme through R2's recording.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Trebor Sabreon

Eckstein is a pretty girl but she has absolutely the wrong look for a live action AT.

Ahsoka's face shape as depicted just doesn't seem condusive to being portrayed by a caucasian actress to me. You're more likely to find a best match among south asian (Indian) or even African faces.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, you could be right. I haven't given that much thought, to be honest. Just that nothing of what I've seen so far has wow'ed me.

13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    That's right. However, leaving the Council itself is not wrong and Dooku was right about the flaws of the Council itself and the Republic. But becoming a Sith and murdering Sifo-Dyas isn't justified.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's interesting to see Obi-Wan's comment about the Jedi Order, with respect to the Republic, in the ANH novel:

"In many ways they were too good, too trusting for their own health. They put too much trust in the stability of the Republic, failing to realize that while the body might be sound, the head was growing diseased and feeble, leaving it open to manipulation by such as the Emperor."

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Only if they both stuck around and were able to 'drop by just for a visit' rather then when there was actual need. Even in the EU, Yoda hasn't made any Force Ghost appearances, Anakin made (ISTR) 2 - the last being in Tatooine Ghost - and Obi-Wan was not heard from again (IIRC) after TaB.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    By the time the ST starts I'm sure Luke will have already learned all he needs to know about Padme, the old Jedi Order, and anything else. While I would like a little nod to the fact that Luke and Leia know about Padme (like a hologram in one of their offices or one of them using her apartment on Coruscant, etc) I don't think the ST needs to spend too much time on stuff like that. That time should be spent establishing the new characters IMO.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    That depends on if Mssrs Arndt and Abrams think playing the EU card will put more rear-ends on seats than playing the TCW card.

I would rather like to hear Ahsoka's opinion of Luke's Order, delivered in her usual 'Miss Snips' style!

InterestingLurker likes this.
  18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Isn't that just the TCW art style at work? Everyone had freakishly oversized eyes.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If that happens, I want Luke to say "Thank you for sharing" and then go on doing what he was doing before.

"Does anyone care what the Padawan thinks?" --Ahsoka in Shadows of Malevolence

"No." --Luke in Episode VII

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think it has anything to do with either the EU or TCW. Star Wars is just naturally about passing the torch to the next generation. And Star Wars is enough to put those rear-ends into seats without having to place characters in the movies that don't belong.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Then why do I want to bludgeon Ahsoka to death with an Ewok? :)

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It will be revealed that like wielding two sabers, Ahsoka is also sensitive to another Force.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    "Bludgeon someone to death with an Ewok." Now I have a new threat to use whenever I'm upset! :p

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She could be the main course at a banquet in 3PO's honor.

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    In all seriousness, I think we're quite safe from her showing up anywhere outside animated form.