main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Oh, I understand Talon so well right now about the choice of the path in our life.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    The trooper thing is what his dad enjoys. But (I hope Ben knows this, and that it's possible rule-wise), but he needs to try the troopers for a while, like on a limited enlistment and then if he decides it's not for him, he can leave, but he might also discover he likes it. [face_thinking] He also might discover that he wants to do behind the scenes stuff to help the troopers, moreso than actual combat. @};-

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't think I posted the deal between the Jedi and the military yet. I did write it and it is explained later. In my mind the military would allow a number of school slots for the Jedi. A Jedi who attends the school would promise to make themselves available as a Jedi Asset for missions for the period of five years. It would not be continuous work with the military, but probably a few missions a year. And the missions would have to be approved by the Grand Master. I would assume that Jedi could accompany the military even if they did not attend the training, but I would think the military soldiers might not be very accepting of the Jedi. I see the Jump Troopers as an elite Special Forces group and if you went through the training you are part of a brotherhood.

I would think there would be some pressure for Talon to follow his father's footsteps...whether it is to be a Jedi or a soldier. I know I joined the military because my dad had been in the military.

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I feel badly for Mark. Being a Jedi when he dislikes it so. He never really had much of a choice, considering who he is a clone of, but still.

I like that Talon is taking the time to think about his future.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Briannakin, Hazel, Jade_eyes, ginchy, Demendora, and earlybird-obi-wan for reading and taking the time to review.

ginchy
    I don't think he hates it exactly. I believe Jacen was spot on when he said to Lumiya (in the fanfic Sacrifices) that he believed Mark hung around the ysalamiri because he was scared of the darkside. He has Palpatine's memories...that has to be frightening to him. Mark also doesn't like using the lightsaber for offensive operations. It is great for defense, but he doesn't like decapitating people. He's rather use a blaster, preferably on stun (he likes to stun people. lol!).

Mark sees himself more of a soldier than a Jedi. I think he likes the chain-of-command and tight control of the military. The Jedi are too loosely organized for his liking. He would probably love the Imperial Knights. ;)

I thought I would post a short entry and then tomorrow I may start a longer storyline for Talon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 35

I told my dad I decided to concentrate on becoming a Jedi Guardian and asked him if he could arrange for me to attend Jump Trooper training. I wanted to have a well-rounded military education so I could easily work as a Jedi asset with regular troops like he does.

I have never seen my dad happier. Ha! Dad was always telling me it doesn’t matter to him what I did with my life as long as it's honest work, but when I told him I want to follow his footsteps his chest puffed out so far I thought he would bust out of his tunic. That makes me feel good. I hate to admit it, but part of the reason I decided on Jedi Guardian is to make my father proud. I know he says he’s proud of me, but I am such a pain in the butt to him with all the trouble I get into…I'm fairly certain I'm not on the top of his list of favorite sons.

I told my mother about my decision and she didn’t seem too thrilled. I think she would rather see me in a less dangerous profession like a Jedi healer like my brother or historian like Master Tionne Solusar. I’m not saying that Mom was opposed to me going the Jedi Guardian route, but I don’t think she’s looking forward to worrying about another loved one going into harm’s way.

Somehow I can’t see myself being a Jedi Historian like Tionne. I don’t like doing research and I don’t think I would be any good at playing a double viol and singing Jedi ballads. Ha!

I shouldn’t tease Master Solusar. She is great at playing the Viol and has a great voice…but as a teenage boy I really don’t want to learn about the history of the Jedi via ballad. I mean she once taught us about Nomi Sunrider and the Great Sith War by singing The Ballad of Nomi Sunrider. Some of the girls liked the song, but my brother and I were sitting in the back of the auditorium bored to death and hoping an actual Sith Lord would show up to interrupt the performance.

Come on…really…a ballad to teach us about the Great Sith War? I don’t want to hear a song…I want to see a HoloAction drama with great special effects, computer generated lightsabers and lots and lots of violent action scenes.

But maybe that’s just me…and every other teenage guy in the room.

But, I digress.

Dad said he’d talk to Uncle Luke about putting a training request in for me. Until then I will be working on some of the different lightsaber forms and perfecting them. The lightsaber combat methods I have almost mastered are called Makashi (this is mainly for lightsaber to lightsaber dueling) and Soresu (using the saber to defend against a blaster).

My father favors a method called Shien/Djem So and he has taught me that form of combat. It is a method usually used by tall and muscular Jedi that may have less agility, but a lot of muscular power. My father doesn’t like doing a lot of flips if he doesn’t have to. I really need to work on the combat form called Ataru. This involves a lot of movement such as lunges and Force leaps. My Master is very good at it and has tried to teach me, but I doubt I will ever be as nimble and quick as Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker.

Jedi Guardian…I feel good about this decision.

6. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, I'm glad Talon made his decision. Only one thing...Djiem So, also known as Form V...is Luke's lightsaber form...and he's not very tall. He adapted it after his father's form...when he first dueled Vader --subconsciously.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    So did I write that wrong? The book The Jedi Path said it was favored by larger sentients. Maybe Luke should have gone with a different form...maybe he wouldn't have lost his hand. :p

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well it's what I've heard and read. And I guess that maybe right..Anakin's form was that..but then again Anakin was also a lot taller than Luke...he got that from Padme sadly lol It's just something that's been with Luke ever since.,...correction wasn't Bespin it was Endor. he never really had anyone to teach him the lightsaber thoroughly what with obi-wan and yoda dying, so he mimicked Vader..So I guess it's become apart of his fighting style..Form V is supposed to be offensive, with a bit of defense..Luke also has an Ataru stance, he does practice a bit of Soresu and Jar Kai which has to do with duel blades

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm glad Talon found his way. I thin it suits him.

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel ! Hopefully he won't get in too much trouble as a Guardian. ;) Yeah, right.

We're both right. Luke and Anakin Skywalker used Form V. I have Mark (who is taller than Vader) use the same type of form. This is what I had read in Wookieepedia.

I just can't see Mark or Talon flying around using Ataru--the way of the Hawk-bat. I think it was in Mark's Journal that he commented that Kam Solusar used Ataru and was flying around during saber practice like a hawk-bat on spice.

11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

To be fair, I don't think Luke does it that often anymore. In his younger days he did..not so much now

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I no longer liked Talon: he dissed one of the best Jedi jobs ever (sorry, but if I were a Jedi, I'd be a Jedi Historian or Jedi Librarian :p)

Great update. I hope Talon doesn't get into too much trouble as a Guardian (but we all know that wont happen).

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    In his defense he is a teenage boy probably with a typical low attention span. I could see him and Jaden during the ballad sitting in the back row playing Star Wars Angry Birds on their datapads. I wasn't trying to write Tionne in a disrespectful manner, but I remember reading about her playing the Viol and singing to the Jedi students and thinking I would hate having to listen to a song when I could be swinging a lightsaber.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Talon is a likeable boy doing boy things. Getting in the middle of the action that's nice for boys;)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL ... I agree with Hazel and earlybird-obi-wan; glad that he found his path and that he picked a typical guy-thing ;) I empathize more with Kira, of course. Having Mark to worry about is plenty :rolleyes: Loved the whole back and forth about lightsaber technique :cool:

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I think Jedi Guardian is a good fit for Talon. And poor Tionne. LOL I can only imagine how bored most teens are listening to her ballads.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks ginchy, Jade_eyes, earlybird-obi-wan, Briannakin, Hazel and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to review. I think Talon picked the right profession. He seems like a kid that would get bored at a desk job. Briannakin, Talon said he is sorry for dissing the librarian/historian job. It's great for some people, but not him. :p

I decided to give him a birthday because I may try to cover an eight year period and end this diary where Sacrifices starts.

Thanks for reading!

~JL~
    Entry 36

I turned nineteen-years-old today. My parents threw me a big party at the restaurant they own. I got to invite my friends and family. It was a nice time and I got some greats gifts. My mom and dad got me a new Hologame system and some games. My Master bought me a really awesome vibroblade that has a boot sheath. The Solo family got me some gift certificates for food and drink at a tavern. Tionne sung me a ballad. Ha ha.

It was a nice ballad and when I saw my brother smirking I was pretty sure he told Tionne that it was something I would really like. So I made sure to tell her how much I enjoyed it. It was nice actually. It was the story of the attack on Wayland. That is where my dad was found. So it had real meaning to me. It got my mother crying (she’s always happy crying) and I am pretty sure my Aunt Mara’s eyes misted up a bit…but she would never admit it and I wasn’t going to mention it just in case she decided to use my new vibroblade on me.

Ben told me he would give me my present later. It turns out that after the party he and my brother decided to drag me to a new nightclub called the Pandering Predator. At the club Ben met up with his gorgeous red Twi’lek friend, Niki, and Jaden hooked up with Kelli. I was afraid they were going to pair me off with Sara again …which would look weird since she was probably eight months pregnant by now, but they didn’t. They introduced me to a buxom, red skinned and blue haired Zeltron named Nalli’ti.

What is it with my brother and Ben trying to hook me up with women? Do they think I can’t do it myself?

Nalli’ti was an Art major at the college Jaden attended. I never dated a Zeltron before, but I heard a lot about them...like they are very liberal minded and open about relationships.

I have to admit she is beautiful. She was wearing a very colorful and revealing tight outfit that showed off her best feminine qualities. Zeltrons produce pheromones that are used to attract a mate, or at least make them more alluring to others. They can also project emotions onto other people. I am pretty sure she was doing both during the night. I had trouble taking my eyes off of her. I really don’t want to get too involved with a Zeltron though. I was always told they don’t believe in monogamy and I wouldn’t want to have a girlfriend that didn’t think there was anything wrong with making out with my friends. Of course, I wasn’t in the market for a love connection at this point in my life, so I just enjoyed myself. She was really nice and we had a great night of partying, but, wow, can that girl drink. I was told that Zeltrons have a second liver, which allows them to drink far more than a normal human without getting wasted. She pretty much proved that was true. Luckily Ben and Jaden were paying the bar bill tonight because it was a party for me.

It was a fun night.

Entry 37

The Force-user rapist we caught on the Corsucanti University campus is finally going to trial. At first the suspect was going to be sequestered in a Model S-3 Force Cage possibly in a separate room where he could view the trail and give his testimony via closed-circuit Holoprojector. That was a special precaution to keep him from influencing the jury through the Force. Unfortunately, the sleemo threw a hydrospanner into the works by demanding his right to represent himself…so he is going to act as his own lawyer.

You know what they say, ‘A man who acts as his own attorney has a karking di’kut as a client’.

In this case the guy wasn’t that stupid. He gets to see all the evidence against him, he gets to call in expert witnesses, and cross-examine those testifying against him. Because of this he can’t be quarantined from the courtroom.

Therefore another system was needed to keep him from using the Force on the people around him. Uncle Luke was reluctant to bring in the ysalamiri into the courtroom because he really didn’t want everybody to know about the creatures. He didn’t need every criminal in the galaxy descending on Myrkr to capture Force-hindering ysalamiri.

He decided to tell the court officials he had a machine that can send out a Force dampening field that would saturate the courtroom. In reality it was an air-conditioned box with a ysalamiri inside. Ha! I bet criminal warlords everywhere are trying to find some way to reverse the field flow of the Force Cages.

This should be an interesting trial.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Entry #36 :) Nice fun for Talon. #37: There should be a rule: rapists don't need a lawyer, much less be allowed to defend themselves, especially if there's actual, concrete proof. :p :rolleyes: Loved Luke's trick though. ;) :*

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice with his birthday and the bar and women.
    Luke's trick worked.

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Nice. Zeltrons are interesting species. I think one of Han's girlfriends was a Zeltron. Luke may have also (In the comics) had Zeltron love interest.

Jade_eyes and Jedi_Lover like this.
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I find that the people who represent themselves (in TV crime dramas) are always the creepiest ones. Will Talon give a testimony?

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yes, but Talon's testimony gets a facepalm from the Grand Master sitting in the viewing area.

Talon does have Skywalker genes and we know Cade had a thing for Zeltrons. :D

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Talon gets one of these? :p
    http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i465/Briannakin/grand-master-thinks.gif

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe a bit worse than that since he is giving testimony in a public forum and everything he says will be in the news.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What a great idea Luke had, and a fun party for Talon.