main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The New User Social VI: Return of The Chaos!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Gangrenous, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fred

Darth_Fred Jedi Master star 5

Mar 1, 2004
    You can keep me on, I just needed to know if something specific was in order. I'm a tad busy at the moment, but I can chip in occasionally.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Darth_Fred right now, we're doing a mission of suggesting missions and a bonus suggesting ideas/making observations about the group as a whole on the off-site. But... until the new council election..... which I'm not sure of when that will occur... at least not for another month or so (want to get some grandmasters established first to firm up the process as a whole).... there really won't be anything required of you, per se, (even then-) though, every Tuesday, there is a new specific mission.

Ok, that sounds good! :) No pressure, as always. I'll leave you on the active roster, but I will not tag you from here on out.

3. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
  4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I have been thinking on this for days...I really wish I had something.

5. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    It doesn't have to be mind-blowing!! It can be the first thing that pops into you head! It can be fun!

And remember, too, it may also serve as inspiration for someone else's idea! So don't feel like you have to construct the perfect mission that is ready to go on the spot. :cool:

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    How are you doing? [:D]

7. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    great! Watching Transformers Prime for the first time- it's awesome!!!!!!!!

How are you?

And how are you, Runner, btw?

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Mission Complete!

hear+soul likes this.
  9. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    GREAT ideas, Sey! Thank you so much!! [:D]

10. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats Mitth! :D

Just a quick note: we are having a good time. I'm back more regularly in about one or two weeks. See you all then again. [:D]

hear+soul likes this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    It's Monday, maybe you should ask tomorrow :p

I'll do my best to think of something by tonight :)

hear+soul likes this.
  12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Thanks, Ski!

Ok, Runner. I hope it goes well today... And sounds good! :)

13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Mission Complete!

hear+soul likes this.
  14. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Mission XIV: From s65horsey : "IRL: I've spent a month reflecting on my 30 years and thanking people on facebook for being a part of my life and I had a really positive response to what I was doing. I think people were genuinely touched to be included and thought of, especially people from a long time ago so my mission for the group is to do what I did. Find someone who may have done something that meant a lot to you and thank them for it. Good vibes are not frequent enough anymore and I want to spread some good cheer"

Mission 13 completed by:
    Jedi Gunny
    Mitth_Fisto
    s65horsey
    Runjedirun
    hear+soul

green knights are awaiting a master ceremony (as you have just completed the promotion mission, my friend. You went through that real quick.) This will occur NLT the posting of the next mission.
    blue masters are eligible for promotion to grandmaster, given the completion of the according promotion mission.

And Mitthy jumps up to tie for second place! [face_dancing]I know I said I would use your mission today, but I realized I need to ask you a few more questions about it.

Sorry it's a little late this week, yall!

BultarSwan

15. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
  16. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Well, I may have killed the thread, but I completed the mission! :p

I thanked a lot of people today for being who they are and for being loving and supportive of me and for everything that they do. Mostly it was family members, but everyone generally seemed to think that was nice. More importantly, it felt like it brought us closer together. Tbh, I've never felt closer to everyone in my life than I have today.

Thanks, Sey, for providing such a cool mission. :cool:

s65horsey

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It seems you are a talented thread killer. :p

How could we do a mission of this? :confused:

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I had hoped more people would participate. This was a really rewarding experience for me (and I thanked over 30 people) throughout the month of May. It was nice to do so on facebook as well so that I could reconnect with some people that I hadn't had a chance to speak to in awhile, some in several years.
    I'm glad to hear hear+soul had a good experience with this mission! I had similar feelings when I got done with my month. I also used it to open some eyes as to why I've been so distant for the past 5 years. I know several family members and friends who didn't really get what was going on with me and now that I'm finally in a point in my life where I can handle it, I can help others handle it too so I wanted them to know how much it meant to me that they were supportive even while I was incapable of providing responses and thanks then. I did appreciate it and sometimes the little comments were what kept me going and got me through another day. I think it was important to let them know that.

It doesn't have to be for something huge like mine was, though. I find it hard to believe that y'all are so independent that you can't find one person to thank.

Mission Complete!

hear+soul likes this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Those 5 words sum it up. At certain points in my life I would have jumped on this challenge. At this moment however I am feeling challenged. I don't really want to open up to people right now. I think it's a great challenge. I considered and thought about it, but at this very moment it's just not something I'm up to.

20. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Well, s65horsey, this will be one that will be recycled, for sure, so take heart.

Skiara you just thank somebody- here, fb, irl- anywhere! in, hopefully, a meaningful way- but yeah- you just say thanks! :D

Runjedirun well, at least you thought about it. :cool:

And now for something completely different... from Mitth_Fisto:

Mission XV: The Force IRL: Share a benign (i.e.- non-combat), everyday usage for your favorite force power. All ideas must be original (i.e.- no copy-catting!)! The force power that gets the most applications will be inflicted on those who do not participate in the next roster update. [face_skull]

It's also time to promote someone to master!! [face_dancing]
    A ceremony of mastership!!!!!!!! for

Jedi Gunny
    Jedi Gunny
    [​IMG]

let's reflect on a few of his accomplishments:
    And his CJ fanfic, which, btw, I missed the first go around (hopefully the only case of this thus far)!!! That means Gunny should have been promoted a week ago (and that an extra point will be added on the roster in a second)! anyway, for your viewing or reviewing pleasure:
    [face_laugh]=D=

The maroon sith..... haha. And just brilliant for the fact that we were having a picnic in the pouring rain, in the first place! My favorite is the Laundry droid. How'd I miss this the first time around?? anyway,
    He has made quick work of knighthood, and has proven to fit in here perfectly. Now, no longer just an adventuring and crusading knight, having achieved mastership of the order, I present to you:

Master Jedi Gunny

Welcome to the masters, my friend, and congratulations. :cool:
    [face_party]
    With that in mind, here is your updated roster:

This, on account of Mission XIV being completed by Sey and yours truly.

BultarSwan
    Darth Gangrenous
    Mitth_Fisto
    Teegirloo
    Whitelight

s65horsey, Jedi Gunny and Runjedirun like this.
  21. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Mission XV: The Force IRL: Mine is kind of lame, but this always happens to me so this is totally how I'd use the force. You know you get all set for bed and you climb in and then realize you left the light on and have to get out of bed and walk across the room to turn it off? Yeah, I always wish I had the force so I could just make the switch move and turn the light off while not having to get out of bed.

Mission Complete!

BultarSwan and hear+soul like this.
  22. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Yeah... that is killler. It took me a long time to figure out I had to turn on my bedside lamp first, then turn off the lights, then crawl into bed. smh :p

And this, of course, opens up a whole line in my head of how the force could be applied to ease my day by way of laziness. :p making sandwiches while staying in front of the television.. making my bed bc I never do that, anyway...... :p (smh @ myself)

I'm gonna go with force-jumping over people-traffic. I would force-jump ALL the time, to be sure, because that has got to be crazy-fun, but functionality-wise, it would be awesome to just hop over all those people sometimes... :p

I would definitely force-jump on top of buildings for the fun of it a lot, too- and for the view.

mission complete.

(smh and :p are the stamps of the day in this post)

(smh :p )

BultarSwan and s65horsey like this.
  23. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    First, CONGRATS GUNNY! :D [face_batting] :p [:D]

Second MISSION COMPLETE irl I would use the force to heal myself and others, making typical medicine, which does not work for certain things, unneeded.

hear+soul likes this.
  24. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    question, not to take away from what you said, but can the force do that? or when do we see this in SW?

25. ma_petite

ma_petite Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2006
    The jedi have force healing trances they put themselves in during Luke's era. The Dawn of the Jedi era introduced jedi healing others.

Mobile sock of s65horsey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.