main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Luke should die like a man...a real manly death like a skydiving accident or a whorehouse heart attack.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  2. Resolution

Resolution Jedi Padawan

Mar 12, 2013
    Die of old age.

3. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    Perhaps. Or perhaps it will present the opportunity for Abrams, Arndt, and the crew to create something even more spectacular, exciting, and heart-moving - something so amazing that we never would have had even the slightest idea that it would have happened. Who knows what kind of theatrical wizardry they're capable of? It would hard to top the conclusion of RotJ, but I think they're capable of it. What would fans want from the sequel trilogy, anyway? I'm sure most are hoping that it is even more impressive than the original three movies. Admittedly, a film doesn't have to be "over-the-top" to be done well, but when something extravagant is done well, it makes the movie that much more stunning. I think the film is in good hands, and, although you're probably pretty accurate in saying that they will not show Luke's death, but instead reference it throughout the films, likely even showing him as a Force Ghost, I would still like to see them try to raise the bar from the previous films.

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    "How Would You Have Luke Die?"

a slow & agonising death

HahaHAHAHAMuhahaMUHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Darth Claire likes this.
  5. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Let's all just hope he doesn't go out like a punk. Y'know, like say he's valiantly clinging to the tatters of an iron bridge, only for it to come loose and plummet down a rock crevice, taking the aged Capt-- uh, I mean Jedi Master -- with it.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  6. Jason Skywalker

Jason Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    The way that I would want to see him die is with Jacen turning to the dark side, like he does in betrayal by Aaron Allston, and then have him and Lumiya team up to kill him and leia

7. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Have him die in a speeder crash while on the way into town to pick up some power converters.

Blip likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I still say make it EPIC and meaningful to the plot of the entire ST!

9. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think I might want to do it myself............

10. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I don't want them to kill him off, in all honesty. But if they must, I hope he dies like a Jedi..something worthy of the character and what he means to the franchise.
    (No matter what the Luke haters say, he is tied for my favorite character, so I wouldn't want him to have a lame ending. [face_talk_hand] )

11. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Well if you want a scene like that for a Star Wars character, then you might as well have Sean Bean play said character, as the poor guy-incredible actor that he is-has some of the most dramatic "death scenes"... [face_laugh]

But it seems counter-productive to bring the original actors back after all these years of fans wanting to see just that, only to "off" even one of them...

I just find it to be pretty sad that "killing off" any one of these characters is in league with advancing the story in any way, shape or form...honestly, I mean...what does that say about any of the new actors cast into their roles if a lot of people apparently want to see original cast members characters' get taken out at the top of their list?

...then again, the fact that some fans want the originals "offed" does make me feel a little better...as apparently the Episode 7 storyline can only move forward with the involvement of an original cast member being killed which says that people feel that those actors are still the driving force behind the movie going forward... :p

I know this wasn't technically answering the question of "how would you have Luke die", but as I attempted to do this I found it extremely hard to even imagine this kind of thing happening to some of my childhood heroes...and as such...these words came up instead...

DarthBreezy likes this.
  12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Repeatedly shot in the back under a tree on some godforsaken hunk of rock in the back end of the galaxy?

13. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    A thread like this exists? That's impossible! NOOO!!

But if Infinities/Force Unleashed/Various AUs are anything to go by, his death is most likely to be on Hoth and Yeti related.
    Like he goes back for some reason and there’s a gang of Yetis.

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I can easily see this being an actual quote from a movie pitch.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Michael Arndt's pitch to write Episode VII.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  16. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Ha! :)

Toonimator likes this.
  17. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I'd like to see Luke sacrifice himself similar to the same way Obi-wan did, but also have his sacrifice add a new dimension to Force Ghosts. I'm not exactly sure what that may be, jumping out of Ghost and into physical existence when needed may is something I had in mind, but that may be a little over the top.

18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    As long as his death isn't stupidly pathetic *like dies really quickly after getting his butt royally kicked by the villain* or horrificly brutal *like Red Wedding from Game of Thrones*, then I MIGHT be satisfied

19. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Luke Dies after stuffing one to many cheese burgers into his mouth while he still had an old cigarette butt in there..............

20. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I'd prefer him to have died back when he found out his father was alive, after that LONG drop.

21. Hopalong Hutt

Hopalong Hutt Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2013
    Golden Jedi Knight, if it was done the right way that could be very great :)

IF Luke is going to die, then of cause he should have an epic death. It could be great to have him have a kind of an Obi Wan death but without sacrificing himself. This is something that I would have to think about.

22. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Trip & fall on a roller-skate lil' Biggs Skywalker left out.

23. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
  24. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Ah, ya beat me too it. I was going to say, a heart attack, after too many McDexters' burgers.

25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I want his death to be something shocking and make us go "OH sh!t!". The death *other than the dies at an old age/lives on* we are all expecting is basicly "He dies sacrificing himself to save the hero or is killed by the villain". While such a death is nice and all, its what we are all expecting. I kinda hope whatever death they give him is something that is memorable and not like every other mentor death. And by memorable I mean in a GOOD way not a "Wow that death was just horrible. Bad acting, bad set up, just a rip off of the Obi-wan death, BOOO*