main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions How many Jedi were in the Order During the FOTJ?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by samurai1, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samurai1

samurai1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    I keep asking this quesiton of myself and looking online, How many Jedi were in the NJO when they fought the Lost Tribe? I mean there were what 6,000 Sith on coruscant perhaps 10,000+ Force Sensatives on Kesh itself not counting the rest of the regular population.

And despite the thousands of Space Marines and CSF forces that were killed, The Jedi needed to number at least 1000+ to be able to take out so many Sith at the same time during the opening of the LIberation.

Any Thoughts Folks?

2. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I wish I had some copies of that series on me, but if I remember correctly during the latter half of NJO the Jedi were only numbered at a few hundred. Even putting FOTJ 15 years later I can't see them having been any more than 1,000 max.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I can't either. I only imaged four to six hundred myself.

Sent from a wireless cantaloupe.

4. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Canon figures (provided by Sinrebirth on a LIT thread in Sept 2012) are 600 Jedi Masters and Knights. 400 students.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. samurai1

samurai1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    Cool Tim Battershell

I found in the first few pages of Apocylpse that Jaina thought "the sith outnumbered the Jedi ten to 1" and since 6,000 sith were killed by the end of the battle that kind of makes sense. cool

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Personally I will always think that's a horribly small number, even counting the Purge and Vong War. When Coruscant alone is multiple orders-of-magintude above Earth in population...

Yeah...

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    During the TPM era, there was on the order of 10,000 Knights & Masters.

Force-sensitivity high enough to reach full Jedi after training, may be very very rare.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A thousand Sith were killed before the Tribe withdrew into the Temple, so they brought 7000 Sith with them.

In 12 ABY the Order numbered 1 Master and 12 students.

In 25 ABy the Order numbered 100 Masters and Knights and an unknown number of students.

End of NJO in 30 ABY the Order numbered 50 Masters and Knights and an unknown number of students.

End of DNT in 36 ABY the Order numbered 600 in total, including Masters, Knights and students.

End of FotJ in 44 ABY the Order numbered 600 Masters and Knights, and 400 students.

So some decent growth when a horrific war isn't taking place.

Formthreemaster and zarkinfrood like this.
  9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's possible that there was some shrinkage of the Order between the Great Sith War, and The Phantom Menace.

In Dark Empire (endnotes), the Council of Deneba consists of "the ten thousand Masters who had assumed primary responsibility for the Core systems."

Suggesting that there's more Masters responsible for the other systems, and Jedi Knights on top of that.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The OJO from Ruusan was particularly picky. Fr the 10,000 Masters and Knights there were plenty or washouts, AgCorp Jedi and Djinn Altis' rogues. Sure, only 20 Masters left the Order, but that doesn't include Knights and Padawans.

The Order was never as large as it was at Deneba in the next four centuries, after the Jedi Civil War... :( Though by Ruin's time it may have recovered if there was an appreciable gap between Vitiate's regime and the Fourth Great Schism.

11. samurai1

samurai1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    All good points and I am glad to find I am not the only one thinking about this stuff. but I thought in DNT they mentioned that the academy on Ossus's Main Hall was big enough to hold '300 Beings' counting Masters, Knights, Students and Suppourt Staff, When Luke called everyone in to announce him taking Formal Command of the Order. And we are forgetting the Barabel Hatchlings that in 10 years?? maybe less be knights that Tesar,Wilyem, Drodi and Zal just hatched.

Force-Sensitivity might be rare but in a Galaxy of what Quadrillion's not so much and counting all the other Force Using Organizations, Jensaari, Jal Shai, Force Warriors, Barren Do, Sorceers of Tund, Propehts of the Darkside, One Sith who numbered at least 30 during 42 ABY and in what 45 or so years numbered 1,000 plus and the Imperial Knights not counting Jedi that Joined after the purge. There would perhaps be what a 25,000 or more force sensatives undergoing training in one of the above and not mentioned orders Thoughts??

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I wonder if the reason the One Sith were so numerous in Legacy- was that they absorbed the Lost Tribe of Sith (based on Kesh) at some point after FoTJ?

13. samurai1

samurai1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2007
    I have been thinking the same thing since Krayt is obivously around during the end of the series and active to one degree or another I agree and it seems likely were Vestara is taken at the end, at least the Human tribe members since to Keshiri are seen in the comics. unless they dyed there skin red and then add the tatoos perhaps they are there. That would certainly explain there numbers, considering One Sith would have had to grabbed an awfull lot of humans to make his secret army on korriban and you would think one sith whose kids vanished and those out in the galaxy would notice all kinds of fore sensitives missing.

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Ship seemed pretty dismissive of 'Krayt's lot' in Omen, as (apparently) were some Sith Holocrons!

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup- Darth Bane's, Darth Nihilus's, and Darth Aneddhu's.

16. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Wouldn't be surprised, especially considering the Lost Tribe did the exact same thing to the Nightsisters lol that's galactic karma for you.

17. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    None, they had all ceased to be Jedi in LotF and had been replaced by Forgotten Realms mages with lightsabers.

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it stated 'during the fudge'...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.