main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ancient Races: Celestials, Rakata, and Co

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cronal, May 19, 2011.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What exactly are you wondering about????

There's the Force Wars, and the Je'Daii become the Jedi. All darksiders are defeated. Rajivari is apparently somehow involved.

A few centuries later, around 25 thousand years before the movies, Xendor leads the First Schism of the Jedi. Him and his darksiders are defeated.

About 7 thousand years before the movies, some of the Jedi begin experimenting with shaping lifeforms and trying to gain eternal life, to shape the galaxy into a paradise. They tap into their passions, the dark side, to expedite the process. They go to war with the traditional Jedi. This is the Second Jedi Schism, which lasts for decades, called the Hundred Year Darkness. The Dark Jedi are defeated, and the survivors, including Karness Muur and Xoxaan and Ajunta Pall, are exiled. They come to Korriban and Ziost, enslave the native Sith Species, and become the Dark Lords of the Sith.

About 5000 years before the movies, the Sith Empire is discovered. Naga Sadow goes to war, who just became leader after Marka Ragnos dies. They are defeated, but two groups secretly survive... one group crash lands on Kesh, and become the Lost Tribe. The other is led by Vitiate, and becomes the new Sith Empire.

About 4500 years before the movies, an exiled Naga Sadow trains and is destroyed by Freedom Nadd, and he eventually dies but remains as a Sith Spirit.

About 4000 years before the movies, the spirits of Freedon Nadd and Marka Ragnos train Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma as the new Dark Lords. They fail. Shortly after Exar Kun's defeat, Revan and Malak encounter Vitiate and turn to the dark side. They're defeated. Traya, Sion, and Nihilus then come to power and are also defeated.

About 3700 years before the movies, Vitiate returns and takes over half the galaxy, but is eventually defeated.

About 2000 years before the movies, a Jedi turns to the dark side and united the surviving Sith fragments, becoming Darth Ruin. That is the Fourth Schism of the Jedi (the Third Schism happened sometime earlier but was a total bust). Ruin dies, but his Sith remain at war with the Republic for 1000 years. They include Daiman, Odion, and others. They basically succeed in taking over the galaxy, but they start fighting each other, and allow the Jedi and Republic to eventually get on equal footing again.

About 1000 years before the movies, Lord Kaan reunited the remnants of Darth Ruin's Sith. But they are eventually all wiped out... except one... Darth Bane, who starts the Rule of Two with Zannah, eventually leading to Darth Tenebrous, Darth Plagueis, and finally Darth Sidious.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That's what I'm wondering about. How did that happen?

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The Force Wars. The dark siders are defeated in the end. The Je'Daii take a stronger stand against the dark side, and become the Jedi.

We're reading a comic about the details of it right now.

4. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Not read it but heard there is some talk about the Gree in the new Dawn of the Jedi book and there is this nice quote on their technology:
    That seems awesome... but anyway the Gree don't feature but knowledge of them exists in the Tython system and even by that point they had been gone by millennia and considered near mythical.

5. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    I wonder how the whole let's modify our name thing will happen.

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Perhaps Je'Daii is pronounced Jedi and as they became known to the public, the spelling was adjusted to avoid confusion.

7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    There's an in-universe theory that the Anzati corrupted the Sith species sometime before the Jedi Exiles arrived. Any thoughts on this?

8. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    the "Evil Never Dies" article

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wording?

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Since Hyperspace doesn't exist anymore, I don't remember.

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I was hoping someone would have copy-pasted it, so that they could quote snippets from it.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm sure someone has

14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    They couldn't post the whole thing on a website due to copyright issues though.

15. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    From Evil Never Dies:

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody know how widespread the kwa were? And have we seen any kwa remains and/or decedents outside of Dathomir?

17. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Dawn of the Jedi: Tython Kwa... also they fought against the Gree.. also all space between Kwa and Gree Space probably.

essentially it is like this:

Rakata dotted across the entire galaxy
    Kwa just in the Quadrant they share with the Gree from Tython, Coruscant, Corellia to their homeworlds
    Sharu from their homeworld till Aargau at least
    Killiks: From Alderaan to Corellia and Kessel in both directions.. only later in the Unknown Regions.maybe other celestial building projects..

So kinda all most busy in one specific quadrant of the galaxy so far.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am not really adding anything with this post but I just want to say that I would love if the Celestials were relived to look like this
    [​IMG][​IMG]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If you are still taking name suggestions, what about Cult of the Great Old Ones?

Cronal likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Am I right that the Gree were technology-based while the Kwa were Force-based?

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think you are confusing Chaos and Order with Creation and Destruction, they are not the same thing[face_shame_on_you]

my bold
    Do you mean that they have left there mark over a large chunk of the galaxy or that Sharu space once covered large chunk of the galaxy? If it is the later, were is that stated, just wondering? Also do we know if the sharu were a politically/socially united people or, like f.ex. humans, only united by their language and looks?

This sounds interesting what are you talking about and were can I find the trailer?

22. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    Possible contender :p

From what we have seen, the Gree seem to be make use of hyper advanced technology. They make use of droids, the Hypergates, and everyday repair tools can include the use of nanotechnology if we go by the equipment stuff seen in TOR. The Kwa have been seen using Holocrons, the Infinity Gates themselves are based on Celestial principles and the Kwa have used the Force in their interactions. Not sure if its entirely Force-based since we haven't seen that much of them yet but it they seem to at least make use of the Force to guide them. The Gree on the other hand have not demonstrated any Force users or knowledge of the Force... at least, not yet.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Something I want to see is a Dark side world were the imbalance in the Force comes from to much life instead of death and destruction

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    TOR says that "it's said" that the Tuk'ata were "nonviolent" before getting "Sithized".
    That might be light side.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think you attributed Cronal quote to me.

Two things - 1: has the term "light side" actually been used in any of the G-canon material?
    2: I see the Dark side as imbalance, to much life is just as much imbalance as to much death

CeiranHarmony likes this.