main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Let's get it on!: The Mixed Martial Arts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by ClarkWayne, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty much. But as you say, it sucks that Zingano ended up injured, especially as she was so excited to get the shot and oppurtunity.

2. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003

I loved the idea of Zingano. She was totally the underdog, everyone assumed Tate was going to win, and she totally pulled it out. Zingano is a respectful, hard working mother and makes a great Face for the show. Tate is known for her catty-ness and would have made the best villain......Im sad to see the show take route of Tate VS Rousey ......

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Sadly though, it makes sense that they chose Tate to replace Zingano, as she was the one that got beat by Zingano and ergo, ideally in the second - runner up position. And from the business standpoint of ratings, having Tate and Rousey's built - in history with each other doesn't hurt when trying to up the ratings for a show that's been flagging a bit in recent years.

4. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Sadly yes...unfortunately for the sport, there is also a ratings/entertainment aspect that must be followed as well......

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Hopefully Zingano gets the shot down the line. Best wishes for her recovery though.

JangoMike likes this.
  6. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Agreed. I really hope the womens division can beef up a bit to keep it interesting. They need to get Cyborg somehow to come fight at 135 for the UFC.....

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    She's too scared of Rousey and the UFC's drug testing policy, so she won't.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Glad to see Barnett in the UFC and excited to see him face off against Mir!!!!!! It will be a grappling clinic..........

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Honestly, win or lose, it is a perfect fight for Mir to go out on- retire to the booth, he was great with the WEC, can do the same for FX or Fuel broadcasts. I don't see many other options for him at HW.

11. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    I thought Mir did some great fight commentary, i believe the only reason he lost that gig was because he said something along the lines that he was going to kill Brock Lesner, like literally, break his neck in the Octagon and kill him.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Should be Bader or Phil Davis. Mousasi would have been great, but for that knee.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I've always like Mir but that over the top trash talking is what's kept me from ever becoming a big fan.

JangoMike likes this.
  15. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003

I can't believe this!!!! I was very much looking forward to this fight!!! I can only imagine who they can get to step up at the last minute......Chael???? ha ha

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It looks like it's all but a done deal for Chael to step into the fight, which likely means Wanderlei Silva will get his wish to not have to fight Chael until 2014.

17. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    I with the LHW was deeper so we wouldn't have to settle for Chael stepping up......i am totally a Chael fan, but id rather see Shogun fight somebody that will stand and bang with him....

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I know, but at least UFC has somebody who's willing to step up and step in at the last minute in situations like these. And unlike last Sept. The PPV's not likely to be cancelled because the other guy isn't willing to fight Chael.

19. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Woah. That is an incredible signing for Bellator.

21. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Rampage is still a legit fighter if no longer at the top of his game. Should be fun to see what he can do there.

Side note- Friday I found out a coworker of mine trained with the Lion's Den in the pre-UFC days!

JangoMike likes this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Like King Mo, he's also has a deal with TNA pro wrestling.

23. JangoMike

Jan 13, 2003
    Looks theres gonna be a reality TV show as well for Rampage.....i guess he wont be complaining about money now....

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Kongo to Bellator as well today.

JangoMike likes this.