main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Are the OT cast too old now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by WhinyLuke, Oct 31, 2012.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I try, I really do! :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Seriously: there's a pic of him getting lunch (boo!) and some pics of him holding a ciggie and fiddling with an ashtray cover and that becomes "dumpster diving & binge eating". Jack Nicholson's gone postal in public umpteen times but he can still act. Even if Mark was totally unhinged it doesn't mean he couldn't play Luke.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If it makes you feel any better, I was only joking. Tee hee hee...hee...hee...uh, hee.

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    No ones saying Patrick Stewart is to old for reprising his role in X-Men Days of the future past ......he is 73 yo ...........Mark Hamill is only 61 for Christ sake.......

Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    LOL! This is what happens when one posts having not slept in 18 hours and while working the night shift. Maybe we should make a rule about that! :p

6. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I don't think they're too old, as long as they are used right. I think Luke can play the Yoda/PT/OT or Obiwan/OT role of Jedi Master, and let the younger jedi do the fighting. I think Leia/Han will have more supporting roles as they will bridge the next generation of Skywalkers for 7,8,9. I don't read the EU, so I am not sure how old Wookies live to? But it would be cool to see Han Solo's son flying the Falcon along with Chewy during the ST! [face_laugh]

7. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    In fairness to Stewart, his physique has never been in question because he plays a man confined to a wheelchair; all the man has to do is EMOTE. Hamill would indeed be able to ACT the part, without question, regardless of his physique, but the very fact that the requirements of the Luke role demand more physicality than those of the Professor X role (even if it's a reduced physicality from that of his role in the OT) does indeed make his physical shape a concern, even if it's a relatively minor one when set against all the OTHER concerns we could or do have about this film.

Hamill in all likelihood WILL see to it that he's in shape for the role, once it is formally given and accepted; we have no idea what the status of negotiations are with Hamill, Fisher or Ford and so we don't know if their names are on the proverbial dotted lines yet. Once that's done, Hamill will do what he needs to do. Plus, unless old-man Jedi robes are meant to reveal someone's huge, awesome pecs or something, I'm fairly certain his costume will appear to slim him a little further, or at least cover up the worst that could be seen.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It's not fair to compare Patrick Stewart to anyone else when age is concerned.
    Getting old? Mr. Stewart simply doesn't do that ****.

9. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    I expect Han/Leia to reappear in limited roles. Long enough to resolve their characters and possibly introduce family. Hamil can very easily portray a master Jedi. Lose 15 pounds and throw a robe on him. The guy still has chops.

10. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I say that they are not too old to draw a paycheck. They'll do their job. ;)

11. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
  12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well due to the fact that they are casting a 70 year old *most likely* Elderly Bad Ass, i think its safe to assume they *the OT3* are fine age wise. Now are they physicly and acting-wise capable....thats another story that I really want to end well.
    Also that "'as close to their appearance in the earlier movies as possible' is freaking hilarious. Sorry you can't turn back the clock.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I just want Disney to hurry the hell up and tell us they're back. That is all.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  14. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

This isn't news at all. Carrie confirmed back in APRIL that Disney has hired her a personal trainer:
    http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/06/that-episode-vii-weight-loss-rumor-isnt-new-or-a-rumor/

Right from her own mouth. That quote is from April, and UK tabloids are trying to create gossip to sell copies of the Sun.

It's true, not a rumor, and one of the stars confirmed it themselves months ago. The tabloids are just trying to sensationalize it.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    What happens if Hamill and Fisher both say **** it and decide to food binge?

16. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Lock the door.
    And hope they don't have blasters.

eht13, WatTamborWoo, EviL_eLF and 3 others like this.
  17. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

They won't. Their paycheck for the movie likely dwarfs any of the work either has done recently.

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    What? Pork chops?

15 lbs? More like 40lbs. Fisher should try to lose the same, if not more.