main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Anyone else feeling uneasy about the possible spin off films?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DarthTunick , May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not feeling uneasy. I'm feeling easy and breezy.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Covergirl.

KED12345 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm excited for the Spin-offs even if they are characters I'm not so excited to see more about *coughBobaFettcough*. I'll still go see them if it's someone I like or not. I'm just imagining the Han Solo Trilogy (or something like it, it doesn't have to stick to that specifically) as a movie. There are so many characters that I would love to see have their own feature.

I'm actually less concerned about the Spin offs than I am E7 and beyond.

5. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004

I just don't want to tarnish him or take away from his evilness. That's all we need is a "Rob Zombie's Michael Myers = Trouble wimpy ass kid who we should feel bad about and should give pills to to make feel better" rendition of Palpatine. I will forever keep in mind he has always been evil, and feel I don't need to see more than that to possibly tarnish that.

Specially like a "lost love story". Ugh-a-rooni.

VanishingReality likes this.
  6. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I 100% understand your concern, and respect it because it comes out of a respect for the character.

Also, lol re "ugh-a-rooni" [face_laugh]

7. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I don't feel uneasy about the spin-offs at all. If Ep VII is as bad as Ep I, then I won't have to wait 3 years before then next one. Though hopefully I won't have to suffer through and Ep II style "love scenes".

A long time ago, in a galaxy not far away I was horrified when the X-Wing series of books started coming out. As bad as some of the Post-Dark Empire books where I thought that any books no about the main characters would be worse. I didn't even bother reading the first of the series until I was utterly frustrated with the NJO series (about the third or fourth book). I ended up picking them up and reading them. They were great. Or at least a lot better then the garbage that was the Chrystal Star, Children of the Jedi, etc. So no, I'm not worried about the spin-offs at all. Then again, I'm not too worried about Ep VII-IX because I don't see Abrams making a Jar Jar-sized mistake.

Thuro likes this.
  8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    If Darth Plagueis was anything to go by, it's safe to say that a hypothetical Palpatine origin story would not be of that nature.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Uneasy? Not in this ship sister. I'm jubilant.

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    In all honesty, I think Disney needs to be very weary of over saturation. Plus, if Disney insists on rolling out the same old characters(Solo, Yoda etc) thats a really stupid idea. Only so much you can do spinning on variations on the Skywalker family tree.

If Disney is smart they will realize they didn't buy Star Wars for the same established characters but the universe to which they exist in. The best thing they could do is create completely new characters, time lines, and narrative structures(perhaps a more single narrative than an ensemble?).

Plus, give us some directors who aren't necessarily "safe" choices. I would LOVE to see what Duncan Jones could do with a Star Wars film. Give him 50 million dollars and let him do his thing.

11. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I'm not bothered by spinoff films, because SW is such a cashcow, I have accepted that they will milk everything they can out of it. I have never gotten into any EU or spinoffs, so I won't be seeing them, as Episodes 1-9 will be the only ones I care about when it is all said and done.

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, no reason not to see them, to completely ignore them.
    Who knows, you might even like 'em ;)

13. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I understand the sense of unease and apprehension. I am also slightly concerned about overkill. But in regards to that, I would rather have too much Star Wars moving forward than none at all. It will be interesting to see the characters they choose for spin offs. Movies about Boba Fett or Han Solo sound kinda interesting, but I'm more intrigued by movies exploring the history of the Jedi and the nature of the Force. A movie about Exar Kun or Darth Bane would be awesome. I think a movie about Yoda would be great as well (has a Yoda movie been officially announced? I can't remember...)

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Outside of announcing that there will be spinoffs, nothing is official.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    "Uneasy"? No. Possibly bored? Yes. Once they've cycled through the whole JJA Era and pleasing idiot "fans" of the Simon Pegg ilk, I think the series has major potential to truly become something amazing.

16. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    The natural order of progression...

"I have a bad feeling about this." ―As Obi-Wan Kenobi

"I've got a bad feeling about this." ―Anakin Skywalker

"Oh, I have a bad feeling about this." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

"I have a very bad feeling about this." ―Luke Skywalker

"I got a bad feeling about this." -Han Solo

"I have a bad feeling about this." ―Princess Leia

"Artoo, I have a bad feeling about this." ―C-3PO

"I have a really bad feeling about this." ―Han Solo

... and finally "Anyone else feeling uneasy about [this]?" - Darth Tunick :D

(thanks wookieepedia)

17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No, I think the spinoffs provide the greatest potential for SW films. Even, possibly, better than the ST. Potentially, we'll see Vader again. I want to see more of older franchise characters, but I do want them done well.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't wait to see movies about the old Jedi and Sith Wars before the PT.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I feel uneasy because of the falafel & baba ganouj I just ate, but that's about the extent of it...

20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Yes, but excited if done right and focus on what we want as fans to see

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

And we want a Bossk movie... am I right? :p

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Well at least a Wat Tambor movie. Perhaps not one of the most action packed......

FRAGWAGON and Andy Wylde like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    People who sobbed over the PT having a political backdrop had best beware of this new trilogy where the subplot is banking & investment portfolio building...

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

A five minute scene of "why isn't this knob adjusting my voice right? Come on!"

FRAGWAGON and Andy Wylde like this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Potentially? [face_laugh]
    Disney just paid 4 billion dollars for the franchise. You bet they will milk one of the most popular movie villains period. Whether he gets his own spinoff or is heavily featured in one about another character remains to be seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.