main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I would have him sucking on one of those Jar Jar tongue lollipops, then his own tongue would get stuck in Jar Jar's mouth when the jaw mechanism fails. Luke would start frantically pulling, trying to dislodge his own tongue, but would instead rip out his own tongue causing him to bleed out.

Yancy

DEATHCONQUEROR likes this.
  2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Jesus, man.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Old age. I'd rather see Luke survive the entire ST, and if the next trilogy's set several decades later, Luke's ghost could appear there, and he could mentioned he died at 102 or something--but not because his body failed him, no illness or injury, so much as he's just become tired, has earned his rest akin to Yoda, and chooses when to fade into the Force--which could explain him keeping the 60-something appearance of Hamill as a ghost, then, for a bit part advising a Jedi descendant in X-XII ;)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    Killed by his son.

The irony...

EviL_eLF, Slash78 and Sean Sinclair like this.
  6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Episode VII should be an adventure, like ANH. Something has gone down in the New Republic. Someone needs to get a hold of Luke. Some unsuspecting soul makes the connection between the two and Luke says, 'You must learn the ways of the Force, if you are to come with me to Korriban', or some such. Of course they rescue a Prince, along with a cocky ex-slaver who rescued a Yuzzum, and Luke sacrifices himself to allow them to escape. In the end, the Republic had ordered a mini-Death Star (a one seater) in secret and they drive to Korriban and blow the crap out of the sacred Sith planet.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A "one seater", fuel efficient Smart Death Star...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I'm not sure if I wanna see Luke die in the new films. Though if he does, it's gotta be by Lightsaber.

I would like to see a duel between Luke and someone claiming Luke killed his father. Because we all know how that would end....

VanishingReality likes this.
  9. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Luke or someone importants gotta die in order for the series to be more real than it otherwise would be if all the important characters survive and save the day like a Marvel Comic soap opera. I would have it that Luke or Leia or someone dies either a surprising but profound impacting death from an enemy, or any one of them could die sacrificing themselves and goin down swinging......but plleeeaassse not like Obi Wan, where he/she lays down their saber like Ghandi and lets their enemy strike them down. Once with Kenobi it was ok and with him becoming one with the force and all, but AGAIN?......lame,lame,lame,lamoooo. I don't have any detailed ideas, but that is at least the direction I would hope for in the ST.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is the thread where I already said "one-armed wampa", right? If not... one-armed wampa.

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...because ol' One-Arm's appearance in Darksaber wasn't enough? ;)

Even if any of the OT heroes die in the ST--and I absolutely DON'T think it's a necessity to demonstrate the threat the enemy poses--I really, REALLY hope they don't go the lazy route of having Luke die in Episode VII to mirror the deaths of Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan. We already got that mirror once, with Expendable Jinn in Episode I. It doesn't need to become a tradition for every first part of a new Star Wars trilogy.

Obi-Wan was killed off for one simple reason: in a world where George wasn't sure if he'd get to make more Star Wars movies, he had nothing left for Obi-Wan to do in the film but hang out in the war room with Leia & the Rebel generals. So, George killed him off. He rationalized it, gave the heroes a more personal loss than the somewhat abstract (except to Leia, who shrugged it off pretty easily) deaths of millions on Alderaan, etc... but it wasn't really intended as some mythological 'passing of the torch' death. Torches can be passed, villains can prove their threat is real, without killing off the old guard in the process. Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, etc, can all just step back & let the new group take over and that'd be just fine.

More shocking and far, far less predictable than a "Luke-as-Obi-Wan" death would be something similar to NJO: one of the NEW heroes bites it in the (or "a") climax of VII... like one of the OT heroes' kids, similar to Anakin Solo, someone you think is meant to be the "Luke" of the ST, and his/her siblings/cousins/friends have to pick up the pieces after their death/sacrifice and someone else emerges as the focal character.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I still say Luke will disappear into the Force on Tatooine under the Binary Sunset close to the end of Episode 9 after the threat is over and has enough confidence that the Jedi Order will survive.

13. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I still say Luke should live, passing on his lineage to his son and his knowledge to all of the New Jedi Order during the ST, before finally wandering off alone, to a life lived in contemplation of the will of the Force. ^:)^

Seriously, I've been a hardcore fan of Luke Skywalker for more than 30 years, now, and it's enough for me to know that one day he will die, I don't need to see it or read about it.

Then again, maybe Luke will never die. Maybe his Force connection will become so absolute, he will somehow transcend death and merge with the Force in a wholly new way. Maybe he becomes the stuff of legend, more myth than man. "The Skywalker."

Heck, Luke has always served as both an avatar for Lucas and the everyman the audience identifies with. Maybe Luke now becomes symbolic of a Star Wars audience which, thanks to Lucas' ensuring the long-term survival of the franchise with its sale to Disney, may itself never die.

15. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

You mean this guy....?

16. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    After re-establishing the Jedi Order and naming his daughter as his successor, his own son turns to the dark side and in a jealous rage kills Luke in his sleep! Leaving Daughter against Son to determine the future of the galaxy!

:eek:

17. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    I think something similar to Samuel L. Jackson's demise in Deep Blue Sea would satisfy everyone.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  18. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Saving his wife and unborn son by crashing the falcon into a much larger Ship! Wait! That has already been done! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:_|

19. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    DarthRelaxus likes this.
  20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

I thought I had seen all of the Robot Chicken SW clips, but I guess I had missed this one somehow. Classic.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd go with "Dies achieving something vitally important."

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Like finally picking up those power converters.

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    From what we've seen of Mark lately, Luke will probably die of high cholesterol. Let's assume he gets into shape though for this role...Luke dies in the sarlaac pit.

25. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    There is a tradition of a older mentor character dying in the first episode of each trilogy eg: qui gon jin and then obi won. My guess is that Luke will go the in a similar way sacrificing himself for the younger main character in that trilogy
    However i believe he will reappear as a force ghost as obi won did

Sent via my astromech droid