main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC The SWC Member Interview Thread, v.1

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jedi Gunny, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    If I can only choose one then I choose Charn. I think it would be cool to meet him.
    -----------------

you will be rewarded for this answer :p

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  2. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    This is a great idea for a thread :D

Well done Gunny!!

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  3. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    This time with the guy who came up with the idea for this thread, Rick!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oy, this is 50/50 partnership with gunny :p

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Jedi Gunny You couldn't have a better partner than Sistros, Gunny. He's a cool guy, and fun too.

:)

5. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    This looks like fun, but as I'm not up-to-date on a lot of the "lingo" may I ask as to what "PM" means...and how do I do this to possibly try for the interview stuff?

6. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    "PM" simply stands for "private message." Basically you send and reply to private messages in the inbox section of your account. Its basically no different from sending an email to someone.

If you want to send a new PM, also called a conversation simply follow these steps:
    1. Click on your inbox.
    2. Click on "start a new conversation" and then put the username of the person(s) you want to send the message to in the participants section
    3. Put in a title where it say "Conversation title", then write your message, and then when you are done click "start a conversation."
    4. Alternatively you can simply click on another person's username and choose the "Start a conversation" option in order to write and send a PM. Then follow step number 3.

Hope that helps. :)

7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Bryan Fab, basically I just want you to send me a message saying if you are interested, because it helps me keep track of everyone in the queue easier than trying to track down individual posts.

8. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Thank-you both very much! :)

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I keep forgetting that they're called "Conversations" now instead of PMs. :oops:

Anyways, it's been a while since our last interview, so I'm going to dip into the queue again and find out next lucky contestant!

10. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Perhaps "PC" would be more appropriate now... through asking someone to send you a private conversation sounds odd to say the least. :p

11. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Plus if you tell someone on these boards "I just sent you a PC" they'll probably think that you sent them a computer. :p I am fine with just calling them "private messages" or "conversations."

Bryan Fab you're welcome. [face_peace]

12. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I look forward to the next interview.

:)

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    1. Today's Interview, this time with Rainbow Knight Star
    What brought you to TF.N?

I was looking for a Star Wars message board to join, and my Google search lead me to the Jedi Council Forums.

What brought you to the SWC?

I was exploring the JCF, and the name “Star Wars Community” sounded like a really happening place, so I decided to check out the forum. The First fanclub I joined was “The R2-D2 Fanclub”. After wandering around and lurking, I found “The SWC Jedi Trials” link in someone’s sig, and I clicked on to it. That was the very first group I joined.

If you could meet one SWCer in real life, who would it be?

Jedi Gunny. He’s so cool!

(Interviewer Note: [face_blush] Aww, shucks)

Cake or pie?

Cake. Frank can have the pie. Lol!

If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy with your winnings?

First, I would help my guardian/mom named Pat, but affectionately known as Mama Pat pay off some of her bills, like her house. Then I would buy me a big enough house to fill with all kind of Star Wars and jungle stuff; a room for each, or maybe two.
    I would leave enough room for Mama Pat to come and live there, and she could decorate her part of the house with whatever she wanted.

Favorite Star Wars Episode?

A New Hope, cuz that was the only one I have actually seen with my right eye. Not long after that, Glaucoma took what sight I had.

What was the last movie you watched?

Return of the Jedi.

If the CCC was a sitcom, what character would you be?

Someone who harasses Frank every second I’m there. Lol!

Favorite TV show?

Sofia the First.

If you could be a character in any fictional universe, which fandom would it be in, and what character would you be?

I would like to be in Sofia the First as the Kings Royal Musician.

More Information:

I was born with only one eye, and the doctors said that I would never walk without braces. However, with much prayer and exercise as a baby, that prodiction never came true.
    My left eye is prosthetic.

I started singing at the age of two, and began piano lessons, as well as attending a school for the blind at 5 years-old.

I am a Gospel Music singer, song writer, and musician, but I also enjoy Country and POP.

I have been a member here on the JCF for over 8 years, and I am a changed person because of all of the friends I have made, and all of the lessons I’ve learned.
    All I want to do, on and Offline is to make a difference. Whether it’s a kind word, listening to someone vent, or helping with a project. I am here to teach and learn, and I want to be the a positive example. I tease, joke, jump from Jedi to Sith, and act just plain silly at times, but I love these forums, and all of my friends here, and I look forward to many more great times with them.

14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Pie!!

As long as I get your pie I'm ok with that.

15. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Frank T. You'll always get my pie, Frank.

:D

Frank T. likes this.
  16. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for sharing this, RKS. It sounds like you have overcome a lot of challenges in your life. I really like your positive attitude! :)

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Does it mean that I have to PM you before you can interview me, Jedi Gunny?

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yes, it does. Makes things easier for me that way. [face_peace]

Mostly because I want you to confirm that you want to be interviewed.

19. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    OK, it looks as if my main responder still hasn't gotten back to me, so I'm going to dip back into the contestant pool and get our next lucky player.

20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This is a very good thread idea.
    Interesting read, indeed.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Here is the next edition, this time with Jedi Master Kenobiwan

1. What brought you to TF.N?

Well...it got to be Star Wars! Yeah, my love for Star Wars brought me here. And of course my interest of talking to other people around the world that have the same "hobby" as I do.

2. What attracted you to the SWC?

I don't know. The cantina, maybe. And the games! :p

3. If you could meet one SWCer in Real Life, who would it be?

OMG! I don't know, there are some many of them. Admiral Volshe, maybe. The only thing I know is that it got to be somebody from USA or UK. :D

4. Cake or pie?

Can I say both? I love both!

5. If the CCC was a sitcom, what character would you be?

Never thought of it. LOL.

6. What was the last song you listened to?

Tell Him by Celine Dion and Barbra Streisand

7. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy with your winnings?

A trip for my dad to Germany so that the doctor there can fix his prolapse in the back.

8. Favorite SW Episode?

Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

9. Favorite color?

Blue

10. If you could meet any person alive today, who would it be?

Ewan McGregor!

22. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Enjoyed reading your interview, Jedi Master Kenobiwan...

Me, too...that's one of the things I like most about the JCF so far. What country are you from?

My fave as well :)

I'm also a big fan of Obi-Wan/Ewan...do you like him in Moulin Rouge as well?

benknobi1 likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Thanks. :) I have never watched Moulin Rouge should I be honest. :D But I love the other films of him. E.g.: Jack The Giant Slayer. :D

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good work, Gunny, very interesting pieces.

25. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    If you enjoy Ewan, I highly recommend Moulin Rouge. Baz Luhrmann's directing style is definitely "over the top" (which I personally enjoy, though I know it annoys some viewers), but Ewan gives a great (very sweet/romantic) performance in that film...and you get to hear him sing!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.