main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

This is more complicated than you're implying; they don't just pass the script around, potentially letting out leaks, for the sake of continuity in the wider areas of the franchise. They don't care enough about continuity for that. Not only will JJ be given the right to change whatever he wants on set, I doubt the script is even finished anyway. It's not like they can call over and say, "Hey, are you using Mara Jade?" because the most likely response is, "I have no idea who that is!" which doesn't definitively mean she's retconned out of existence, but it doesn't mean she's not; what if, say, they mention that Luke was never married, or give his wife a different name? This is just one scenario, but I'm trying to make the point that these people don't have the encyclopedic knowledge that we do, and you can't take that for granted.

Anyway, the point is moot, because as a rule, T-canon producers just don't elevate specific characters out of C-canon status. Whenever it has happened, it's been incredibly vague (a'la Delta Squad and that one Hutt). The precedent has not been set, so why would anyone believe it was going to happen now? Hope is one thing, but expectation is unfounded.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Does anyone care about Talzin?

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't mostly because i have always found her creepy

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    They do, the movie is much more important than anything because of the profit. That's why it's always the highest canon.

CW was created to connect EP II and EP III. TCW was created to gather audience on screen after the movies. While TCW didn't use many characters directly, it did rely on a lot of C canon stuff, like the planets and factions.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    These guys do:

[​IMG]

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Can they make the pink trooper character base on Amy Jo Johnson's appearance and Kimberly's persona?

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No pink.

Oh my eyes.

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

When you say "They do," do you mean they do pass the Episode VII script around? No. They don't. Definitely not right now, and probably not in time to make it actually tie in somehow to Rebels. The new film's canon is not set in stone until the movie's finished being edited, and that is precisely why Rebels won't be touching anything related to sequel-specific material... it's not locked in yet. With the CW microseries, there was the benefit of George overseeing both productions to make them link up, but JJ will have final say on the plot elements of VII, and he definitely won't be overseeing Rebels. There's no direct synergy there. They might both strengthen the franchise in their own ways, but Rebels is not direct promotion for the sequels.

But it's a side point anyway, so it doesn't matter.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, but all important characters' creation, appearance and death must be permitted by the head of LF, even C canon EU has to follow this rule.

It's not like they pass the script around, but important decision of the TV series producers must be told and get permitted by LF and they might give order about let character make appearance.

10. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013
    Well, then there ya go, this is the principle I'm talking about. I'm quite certain they won't be touching Episode VII stuff, unless it's demanded by that project's producers.... but that gives way to another conversation about whether VII will include EU characters, and that's something I just don't see happening. So, whaddayagonnado.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

I thought she was awesome until Massacre, and she pissed me off there, so I hope to never see her again.

12. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Again, that's why Simon Kinberg is working both with the Star Wars Rebels bunch and is a consultant on Episode VII (as well as working on his own spin-off movie). He's the direct link.

13. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

And she's probably got red hair to boot.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Amy Jo Johnson once said she dislike pink.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

I see what you did there.

16. Praenomen Cognomen

Mar 24, 2013

Not to retread it over and over, but again again, my thought on this is that Kinberg is consulting for his own benefit to get a frame of reference for the spinoff. "Consultant" is kind of a joke title in showbiz, because they're usually pretty generous with writer credits for even the smallest of contributions, and if somebody can't get one, it usually means their involvement is minimal or for some auxiliary purpose.

But I'm not purposely trying to spin my wheels on this issue; I think the elevation of C-canon characters (not just concepts, groups, or planets) is rare enough that my point has been pretty thoroughly made just based on lack of precedent, and these are just side details which make it even more unlikely.

17. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    Did anyone say Hal Horn yet?

I wanna see Hal Horn.

18. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    all i want is to find out what happened to barriss and what luminara thought

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  19. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Absolutely. The way Luminara was portrayed was brilliant. She was my favourite Jedi because of that. I also liked the way Bariss went from prim and proper to way-out crazy. What did Luminara think? There are stories to be told there.

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Shot at dawn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  21. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Right now my list of who I want to see is:

Darth Vader
    Ahsoka
    Rex(or any of the clones who're still alive)
    Darth Maul
    Wedge
    Tarkin
    Thrawn
    Jar Jar
    Leia
    Bail Organa
    Ackbar
    Mon Mothma
    Barriss Offee
    Ventress
    Talon Karrde
    Mara Jade
    Darth Sidious/Palpatine/Emperor
    R2D2&C3PO
    Lando
    Jabba
    Cad Bane

VanishingReality likes this.
  22. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Yeah, Lando could finally get a backstory.

23. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh, and another thing to add to my list

I don't know if they've been mentioned but Padme's family the Naberries, especially her niece Pooja who was a member of the Alliance and friend of Leia's.

24. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I would actually like to see Starkiller show up somehow, though that is probably not too likely. It would be nice to get some resolution with the Darth Maul story line. I am sure the founders of the Rebellion will probably appear and perhaps Leia. I think the series will probably spend more time on new characters though.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Characters I want to see:

Mon Mothma
    Bail Antilles
    Garm Bel Iblis
    Ahsoka, but just for an arc or two
    Bo-Katan
    Galen Marek, also just for a few episodes
    Cad Bane