main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Best Spinoff Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Starring Yoda.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    You read my mind.

3. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I still say the best spin off would deal with either Tyber Zahn or Star Killer. Both will give fans what we desire. That and Pirates. Pirates like (young Lando, Han & Chewie) ( Hando and his Crew) ( Tyber Zahn and the Zahn Consortium). A Star Wars Pirates spin off would be huge.

[face_skull]

Yet, here is one No-One has mentioned and we all know how involved she must have been pre ANH (Episode IV) : A Young Princess Leia spin off to include the Bothans. You know to fulfill the: "Many Bothans died to bring us this information" line stated by Mon Mothma. Basically the Battle of Korriban!

[face_hypnotized]

4. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

I desire no such thing. Does that mean I'm not a fan?

I mean that would probably get more fan votes then a "Grand Admiral Zaarin staging a Valkyrie-esque coup of the Emperor before RotJ". But not a lot more.

5. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I think it would be just fine. Regardless, here is one No-One has mentioned and we all know how involved she must have been pre ANH (Episode IV) : A Young Princess Leia spin also a spin off to include the Bothans. You know to fulfill the: "Many Bothans died to bring us this information" line stated by Mon Mothma. Basically the Battle of Korriban!

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Did somebody say "Korriban"?

7. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Yes!?!

[face_dunno]

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    :D

:D:D:D

9. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Oh you approve!. LOL. Yeah I think the Battle of Korriban would make for a good spin off. It will introduce us to a whole new species not introduced in either the PT or the OT and it would give us some information on how the Rebels received the Death Star Plans. Besides its a battle, we could use a good battle about now.

=P~

10. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    anyone think Sam Jackson would be up for a Mace spin-off?

11. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

Yes.

12. Kingsdaughter613

Kingsdaughter613 Jedi Knight

Feb 26, 2013
    I want to see a spinoff involving the fall of the Jen'Jidai and their creation of the SIth. There were twelve of them and we have the names of FIVE. Ajunta Pall, Karness Muur, Sorzus Syn, XoXaan, Remulus Dreypa. These guys pretty much started the Sith. Why don't we know anything about them? (Totally off topic, but I'm of the opinion that, with a name like Remulus, Dreypa must have twin named Romus. Whom he killed, likely due to a disagreement about a Force vision. Or maybe Romus just jumped over the wrong wall...)

What I don't want to see: A KotOR spinoff. Revan FELL AGAIN. More importantly, he was trying to commit genocide using the Sith DNA as a tracker for his droids. (Going off into a slight rant here, so feel free to ignore... A very slight amount of DNA as even the human members of the Sith Empire have some. So do the near humans. Oh, and there were Sith species among the Jedaii in 25000 BBY, so their DNA should still be floating around. In other words, Revan's stupid attempt at genocide would have killed out a LOT more people than the Sith Empire. A nice chunk of the galaxy's population say... This does not even begin to consider the fact that the DNA Revan has was corrupted because most Sith DNA would date from after the Jen'Jidai who must have used their own DNA as a template for the modifications made. We know there were at least three humanoid non-humans among the Jen'Jidai. There were probably some near humans as well as the two actual humans (unless Ajunta is a near human. That seems to be somewhat ambiguous.) So here we have Sith DNA that also has some human, near human, and humanoid DNA attached - and this is what your killer droids are hunting. Am I the only who sees the problem here?

(Explain to me how, after doing this, anyone can consider him a hero? And I think Revan should have paid more attention in Bio class... (Here's an idea Bioware. If you have a character everyone loves DO NOT have him attempt genocide. This makes people mad. And if you HAVE to have him do it, please arrange a method that does not make him look like an idiot?))

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  13. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    If that would happen i want wild Wndu with more personality.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  14. Sedrin Celis

Sedrin Celis Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2013

"Hand me my lightsaber.... its the one that says 'Bad Mutha*****' on it."

15. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    How about a General Grievous Origin spin-off?

16. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

There is another thread around here for that...

17. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    A kotor movie would be nice :D

18. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Like many have said, I would love to see a movie(s) set during the KOTOR period.

Another topic that I think would truly be interesting would be a movie(s) about the people in the Fleet. Something along the lines of BSG meets Wing Commander (the games, not that pathetic excuse for a movie :)) meets the X-wing series. In my opinion, it would be awesome to learn more about the internal workings of the ships and the crew that runs them. And of course there would be the epic space confrontations. They could focus on one squadron or spread it out to really show how the entire fleet functions.

19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Star Wars: Chewbacca's Day at the Space Salon

Star Wars: Cheers Cantina of Mos Eisley

20. Jedi Dude

Jedi Dude Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2013
    A Yoda movie doesn't necessarily have to be an origin story. What about how he ends up on Dagobah?

21. Jedi Dude

Jedi Dude Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2013
    As long as they don't try and bring him back to life following Ep 3! I don't want him landing in an air taxi and then going into hiding.

22. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    I picture that conversation going kinda like this:
    "Sam, wanna make a movie"
    "**** yes I do!"

It could be "Gizka in the cargo hold" and he'd probably do it.

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    [face_laugh]

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, that's a spinoff I could get behind.

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Here's another good spinoff idea: a movie directed by Dave Filoni.