main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Ben Skywalker Fan Thread!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Allana_Rey, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    And his afterlife! "I'll come back and haunt you on every one of your dates." Ben will probably glare at his date and say "Don't hurt my dad. Seriously. Or we're through." :p

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think it is a law that all kids must hate their parents at some point in their life. My kids when they are not getting their way hate my guts. But when I am going along with their plan to gel out in front of the PS3 all day killing zombies...then mom is pretty cool. When I bring home the new Assassin's Creed video game I am the best mom in the world. o_O

I think if Ben hero worshiped his father the entire time it would seem unrealistic.

3. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, no child gets along with their parents 100% of the time, that's a given. But the way Ben treated Luke before they started being best friends was a little surprising, even for a teenager.

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I can't remember, was this before or after Anakin died on Myrkr, Jacen put him in the embrace of pain, his mother died and Jaina killed Jacen? If his attitude problem started before I would say it was surprising. If it was after then any one of those events could be life altering. He could have survivor's guilt and when it came to his mom's death I know he thought she would be alive if he did something different. When people lash out emotionally they usually pick a safe target. And it is often the person who loves them the most.

5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, Ben was only about eight or nine months old when Anakin died; Jacen put him in the EoP late in LOTF, and so did those other things. I am pretty sure his attitude was early in the LOTF, before Mara's death, and then he warmed up to Luke because he was Ben's only surviving parent. So I don't know what the attitude stemmed from; Anakin's death was too far back to remember, and all the other things happened after Ben and Luke began to connect.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I only mentioned Anakin because personally I think it was a foolish mission and Luke should have never sent the kids there. Who knows what vibe Ben got from Jaina or Jacen about that fiasco.

I think the answer maybe Ben was not needed for the plot of some books...so the writers get him out of the picture without sending him to the maw or you need a reason for Ben to not tell his parents a very important plot point that could alter the entire book if he did. You give him an attitude problem so he is not talking or interacting with his father and/or mother. If there is no logic to somebody saying or doing something then it is usually a plot device to move other characters into a certain direction. You need a reason for Ben not to go running to his parents to let them know he suspects Jacen of...whatever. Of course if he expressed his concerns like a normal person it would make make for a short novel.

"Thanks Ben," Luke said while patting his son's back. "I'm glad you told us Jacen tortured a women to death while questioning her while in GAG custody. If we didn't get an investigation going into that we might have never noticed that Jacen is getting very close to the darkside."

"No problem Dad!"

And they all lived happily ever after!

~the end~

[face_laugh]

Formthreemaster and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, you're right about that. Very short indeed.

I'm just glad their relationship rocks so much in FOTJ.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I just think it's terrible it too Mara's death to achieve that.

9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    You're right. I wish KT had never come up with the idea of killing off Mara. I respect KT and love reading her books. But that was a sad thing to do; Jacen's sacrifice should have been someone...anyone...else.

alex feola likes this.
  10. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Tenel Ka would've been the best way to go.....

Is anyone else really wanting to see what Ben could do in a StealthX?
    Hopefully we'll see Ben hone his abilities, and really begin to see his character develop!

Ben FTW! [face_dancing]

Formthreemaster and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    The literature of whether we'll get to see Ben do anything is pretty much hanging in the balance due to the new movie

12. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Depends if George asked Pablo for character names, and roles, when he was writing the treatment.

For all we know he could have Luke be like the character General LukeSkywalker, single, with the apprentice Nomi Starkiller
    with a Solo son, or Daughter

13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I just think George relies on the EU only as much as it makes him money in merchandise among other things. He probably doesn't think too much of the EU to include it.

14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I don't thonk there's much communication between the Licensing department, and the film production part, the film producers send them sketches, and photos from the films, licensing turns them into novelizations, toys, and whatever.

The storyline is just a way to have an income stream, and a flow of books, i called hasbro, and they've cancelled the black Series Mara Jade, and they've stopped production on EU merchandise

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
  16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    You can still find that old Mara Jade figure on ebay though

17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    back to Ben, if the post ROTJ EU, not been put in flux, what stories would we have liked to have seen Ben in?

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Lol Sorry....hmmm let me think on that. I'd like to see him get his own novel. The reason I'm lamenting so much...because we'll probably never see the SOTJ trilogy which Ben had a part in.

But back to the novel idea...maybe him going on a mission with...say...the Horn siblings.

19. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I have two, and they're bound to become collector's items, just like all eu merchandise, because the new characters, and figures will be hitting the shelves with a lot of hype.

20. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    or him inheriting karrde's operations.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  21. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I have Luke Skywalker from return of the Jedi

22. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    What brought that idea?

23. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    same here, found it at bigbadtoystore.com

24. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I thought that Talon would think of ben as a grandson, and Mara was one of Talon's closest friends.

I think he'd want to leave something to Ben after he passes.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Hmmm interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.