main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT LUke's assumptipn of sand people at the jawa massacre

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JediMasterKeno, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    So Luke doesn't think it's a bit odd for the tusken sand peoples gaffe sticks left behind like that at the jawa massacre. He's lived on tattooing and doesn't think it's a bit odd? I've played knights of the old republic two to three times and learned that gaffe sticks are important to a tusken sand person. They would never leave gaffi sticks behind like that. That even if the sand people tried to attack the jawa, the jawas would be safe inside their sandcrawlers anyway

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    So Luke's reaction is flawed because it doesn't match the behavior of Tuskens 4,000 years earlier in a game released over twenty years later?

3. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    But he does think it's odd doesn't he. He says "I've never heard of raiders hitting something this big before." As to your second comment, well, I don't know. I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to force your way into one of those sandcrawlers. They weren't designed as fortresses. It's certainly more plausible that sandpeople would attack Jawa's than Imperial Stormtroopers (unless of course you knew what the Stormtroopers were looking for.)

4. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    It's a weapon to the Sand People and I'm sure if they did attack something or some one and had to make a quick get away they wouldn't risk their lives for a something that could easily be replaced. Remember if the Stormtroopers didn't leave them there how could they frame the SP for the attack??

As for the Jawa's being inside their sand crawler I think the attacks on both Death Stars proved that no fortress is 100% safe.

5. MRCynical

MRCynical Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2008

Why would he have such an intimate knowledge of Tusken culture? Leaving aside the fact that in any conflict/inconsistency between film canon and EU canon, the former prevails.

DarthBoba likes this.
  6. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I think that Luke still had a lot to learn, even on his home world. Obi-Wan explains it pretty clearly, it was made to look like Tusken Raiders killed the Jawas. I am sure that Obi-Wan knew the exact time when Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen were killed.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, who else was Luke going to expect pulled the hit? Tatooine was, by all accounts, practically without any Imperial rule, so he'd hardly expect a group of Imperial Stormtroopers to pull off the attack. That, coupled with the frequency of Tusken attacks in that part of Tatooine (which we see earlier in the film when Luke himself is attacked) and the Gaffe Sticks on the ground lead to the reasonable assumption that Sand People were behind the attack

Darth Dnej likes this.
  8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, given that the thread question has been answered multiple times, I'm locking this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.