main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Days in the healers’ ward DDC-2013 (Kaagi Adin) complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Just found this. I like it so far. This looks interesting...another viewpoint to the event of Bandomeer, etc. :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    This is very good. I'll be following this.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Kaagi will be following Obi-Wan and friends. He is a healer and with Jedi getting into trouble;) like Garen in the next one but with a returning party and that can lead to....[face_mischief]

@Hazel
    @Jade_eyes
    @AzureAngel2
    @Thumper09

Entry 12

The four returned from Kegan with a new initiate called Lana. I didn’t see the baby but healer LaKee told me about her.

Aaqu and I were quite busy treating Garen Muln after he was brought in by his master Clee Rhara after some mishap with a new starfighter model. ‘Boys and toys can be trouble’ was what Clee Rhara said when he brought a slightly singed Garen in.
    Sure the boy had burns all over his hands and arms.

Garen was muttering until I began to ask about the new starfighter. He showed me the red and white starfighter and that had me laughing out loud and calling it a striped rodi-fruit.

Garen was a bit annoyed that I called a starfighter that but he wanted to know what rodi-fruits are. I told him that they were my childhood favorites on Moniron. You can find the – sweet sometimes red but mostly striped white and red – fruits in the wild. And yes we have them here quite near the healers’ ward in the wild garden. I got him one of the fruits and one for his master too after giving Garen a bed and a room. He has to stay here a few days until the synthskin has flaked of revealing new skin.

Garen here in the healers’ ward means watching the crawlducts. I have to go.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I see Garen is a handful.

5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Well, up to chapter 10...will read more later..

Enjoying this glimpse from Healer Aaqu POV of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's early relationship...as well as early glimpses of Siri and friends...

Good job..:)

6. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Just as long as Garen doesn't decide to launch his toy starfighter in the crawlducts... ;)

The rodi-fruits sound good. Now I'm hungry.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Garen does sound a handful. Kaagi knows how to distract a grumpy patient. That fruit sounds yummy.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    That fruit was inspired by an old TV series (Starsky and Hutch) and more mischief is coming in the next entry

@Hazel
    @Jade_eyes
    @AzureAngel2
    @Thumper09

Entry 13

Going meant going to room number seven where I had Garen installed after his bacta-dunk. And who was using the unusual entry to the room?
    Obi-Wan Kenobi of course and followed by Reeft who was eager to see if Garen got enough food and drinks.
    I could prevent Reeft inhaling – that boy doesn’t eat – the entire contents of a bowl with striped rodi-fruits.

You should have seen Garen’s face when even Reeft compared the striped rodi-fruit to the new starfighter. He muttered that you don’t compare a new beautiful designed piece of technology with a fruit that’s tasty but looking like a round ball not capable of flight at all. He shouldn’t have said that.

Reeft and Obi-Wan made it a sport with the remaining rodi-fruits to let them zooming around in the room and getting the utmost delight when getting bites out of them and splattering their opponent with seeds and liquids.
    And I had to clean the mess the three – Garen joined – had made when Vocara Che barged in. She accused me of course beginning with the mess and muttered that the healers’s ward was not an R and R camp.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Obi and friends always up to something ;)

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Boys will be boys ;)

11. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ha-ha, the boys playing with their food...

fun entries...and Garen does sound like a handful, but it sounds as if Obi-Wan and Reeft can hold their own as well.

Back from Kegan...I remember that story....:)

12. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    They say laughter is the best medicine, so I'd consider that the healer's ward was doing its job despite the... little mess. :p Rest and Relaxation is needed for healing! ;)

Good job!

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    @Hazel
    @Jade_eyes
    @AzureAngel2
    @Thumper09

Boys yes, and great boys like masters need healers too.

Entry 14

That funny entry was a long time ago.

Qui-Gon Jinn is on medical leave. He was rescued by his padawan and Siri and Adi Gallia from some evil experiment conducted by a horrible woman. Jenna Zan Arbor wanted to study the Force.
    What was she thinking? She drained Jinn of a lot of his blood leading to a severe anemia.

And no, Jinn didn’t return immediately after his rescue to the temple. He could persuade healer Winna Di Yuni of course that he had to go after the evil scientist.
    He did with Obi-Wan, Adi Gallia and Siri and couldn’t capture the scientist. He returned to the temple but only after visiting Didi and Astri. I was on my way to my favorite meditating place in the garden of a thousand fountains when I saw Jinn – obviously tired – sitting down on a bench and coming closer I saw his pale face. I gave him an order to come to the healers’ ward immediately.
    And to make sure he would get there I followed him.

Master Jinn is stubborn. And he is not the kind of just stubborn but very stubborn. He went to the healers’ ward and halted at the desk of Vin Nawarra and was about to turn when I caught up with him. Aaqu and Shika Diir helped me. The three of us could persuade Jinn to go for some tests. But Aaqu declaring that Jinn had to go on medical leave for nine days? That had the master muttering that medical leave was not suited for him.

Master Yoda had the solution. He had sensed the situation and contacted me telling that no mission was coming for the Jinn Kenobi duo in the next two weeks.
    We have Jinn on a diet and on medicines to get his blood-counts up to normal.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Glad the healers are more stubborn ;) Yoda helped too though. :)

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Stubborn Jedi Master!! :p

earlybird-obi-wan and Jade_eyes like this.
  16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Very stubborn Jinn indeed...and he accuses Obi-Wan of being stubborn?

Glad the healers had their way. =D=

17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, time flies when reading all your brilliant updates! =D=

18. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Ouch, poor Qui-Gon. :(

I'm glad Kaagi, the other healers, and Yoda saved him from himself. :p You can't go romping around the galaxy if you're weak from blood loss, silly Qui-Gon. ;)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jinn - Kenobi remain a troublesome pair for the healers as seen in the next post

Entry 15

WOW it’s still here. Months, no years have passed since I saw my diary. I didn’t have the time to write a single entry. But I could have written an entire book about the exploits of Jinn, Kenobi and friends. One of the rooms in the healers’ ward – room number nine – has now a name added. No guesses; it’s the Jinn-Kenobi ward. I have to write again about those two. I was at the funeral ceremony for Master Tahl. She had lost her life on New Absolom and had been brought home by Windu, Eerin, Jinn and Kenobi. I saw the hagard and worn face of Qui-Gon and noticed the shuffling gait of Obi-Wan. I ordered the two to report tomorrow in my treatment room in the healers’ ward.

Not seeing them there and asking Vin Nawarra if they had ended up in the grapplers of the droids of Vokara Che’s ward and getting a negative answer I came to the conclusion that they opted to stay in their apartment.
    Aaqu heard part of my conversation and came with the solution. Two hoverchairs were guided by us to the Jinn – Kenobi apartment and using our over-ride code after getting no answer to our call we entered and saw the two sprawled on the old sofa and snoring softly.

I started to guide Obi-Wan in the hoverchair when Qui-Gon stirred awake, arm still protective on the shoulder of his apprentice and that had me halting. Obi-Wan was waking up as well.
    Jinn didn’t argue when Aaqu began to examine him, Obi-Wan neither. They began telling us about their training mission to Rangoon that turned into a disaster mission to New Absolom, Master Tahl’s death and Jinn’s close brush with the dark side.
    As it turned out Obi-Wan had suffered an injury to his leg and that had been treated first by a medic of the Rock Workers. Thanks to her the leg had healed without complications despite Obi-Wan’s attraction to complications of a different kind.

Tahl and Jinn had been more than great friends. Yeah the Jedi-code forbids attachment. The only thing Jinn and Kenobi need is some rest and recovery.

obimom, AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super and touching. Supportive healers and friends are crucial at such a time.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What would Jedi do without healers...

22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    As it turned out Obi-Wan had suffered an injury to his leg and that had been treated first by a medic of the Rock Workers. Thanks to her the leg had healed without complications despite Obi-Wan’s attraction to complications of a different kind.

When I read your fanfics, I always wonder how Obi managed to stay alive until his last duel with Vader. :p

23. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have grown up in more ways than just the physical passing of time in this post. It's sad that Qui-Gon has lost someone special to him, and I'm glad Kaagi is looking out for them during this hard time.

Great work!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota's Heart Hazel AzureAngel2 Thumper09 thanks again for the great support of this diary

Here is the next entry with the mini challenge

Entry 16

Last entry I wrote about a disaster mission. Missions can lead to disaster but your every year trip to do something nice because you have some free time to spend elsewhere can turn to into a disaster. Aaqu had a vacation trip planned to visit his family on Moniron and I could accompany him. We should have taken a diplomatic courier that was going with senior healer master An-Jinai and twelve 2-1B’s to Saleucami and catch a public transport there to Moniron.

But no neither Aaqu nor I wanted to be in the company of twelve 2-1B’s chattering in their prissy droid voices about the patients they were going to meet. You see, An-Jinai likes to rehearse what he will be encountering with his droids. He is after all a healer who prefers droids over real flesh and blood healers like Aaqu and me.

Ahem we did take the public transport and were held up for three hours in space because a storm-warning on Tanaab had the captain deciding to wait before going to land. After landing at Tanaab our transport to Mon Calamari was gone and we had to wait another six hours for the next one. And guess what? It was going to Saleucami where we could borrow the diplomatic transport from a very snug looking An-Jinai.

The visit to Aaqu’s parents was nice. We had hikes in the beautiful nature, enjoyed the hospitality of other families giving us bed and breakfast and could help the parents with redecorating their home. And very important for me; I could doing the dishes with mother Maerhin and father and son Maerhin away for an evening stroll ask if she had ideas for a present for her son. He will turn 100 you see.

The journey back was first to Saleucami and picking up An-Jinai. And no the twelve 2-1B’s stayed there and we only had to listen to An-Jinai and his endless talks about the efficiency of droids.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great vacation. Whew! Mega relief at avoiding the troop of droids [face_laugh] I'm imagining a whole roomfull of 3POs :eek: ;)