main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone think Darth Vader will *not* be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MiamiJedi, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    *raises hand*

Outside the bubble we fans create for ourselves, the Emperor isn't really an iconic character the way Vader is.

kainee likes this.
  2. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    I don't think either the emperor or Vader will be in Episode VII. However, I do think that Force Ghost Anakin will be.

kainee likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    iconic: no (but neither is Maul)
    important: yes

Anyway, I guess Anakin could return and pretend to still be Vader. And who knows what Palps learned from Plagueis?

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In spite of the company changing hands, I certainly would hope that the ST would not invalidate one of the biggest points of the OT.

kainee, Darth Chiznuk and eht13 like this.
  5. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    The only way Darth Vader will make an appearance would be in a nightmare or flashback.

I-)

kainee likes this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That may have been true before ROTS, but since that came out he's been referenced as often as Vader in popular culture, as far as I've noticed.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Such as where?

8. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Cartoons, comedy shows, random articles of various topics not related to SW, I dunno man - you can't possibly expect me to offer you a full listing of times someone has somewhere mentioned Emperor Palpatine for the past 10 years.
    That's taking the "Source?!" scream waaay too far.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's just that I've never noticed (besides when the Pope resigned).

10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Guess I just ran into it more, then :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    guess so

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The Emperor lost against Boba in the popularity contest. Boba badly lost against Vader. So he can't be all that popular. Some love the guy but many hate him too.

kainee likes this.
  13. LittlestEwok

LittlestEwok Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2013
    This is such a difficult question, because in what capacity may Anakin (Darth) return? As a presence, as a flashback, a memory, a voice, his legend (the Imperial March typically used for his entrance)? There are many ways he can figuratively return in the film, but I think that the SW franchise risks losing a lot of its gusto if it brings Darth back. They want the future films to make money, and keep all of the old fans while gaining new ones. To those who have never watched SW, it may seem as though Darth is the centre of it all - but he isn't, and it can thrive without him, with some good plot points, and a strong cast. So, to answer, I think that there will be a return of the mention of Anakin/Darth, but it would be silly to assume Darth would return. Perhaps the rise of a new 'villain' of the Sith, but definitely not Darth.

kainee and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  14. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I can definitely see Anakin being in the movie, but not Vader or the Emperor unless it is in some type of flashback scenario.

kainee likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    If he returns, it will hopefully be in form of a hologramm or flashback or force vision.

kainee likes this.
  16. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    The only way I can see an actual Darth Vader in this movie is if Anakin is cloned, which...technically...he would be Anakin, not Vader, and definitely not in the suit. So...I guess the only way to realistically have Vader in this movie will be in a flashback or dream, or have Anakin turn to the darkside AGAIN...which would be extremely lame.

Just forget about Darth Vader already. We Star Wars fans deserve a NEW iconic villain. Have Anakin come back as a Force ghost, or get sent back in the flesh by the Force itself to take down this new baddie.

kainee likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    We don't need to forget him. He'll be 100% in one of the spinoffs, probably even the first one.

w4tkn likes this.
  18. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    Evil never ends. Just evolves
    [​IMG]

Sent via my astromech droid

kainee likes this.
  19. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, if you're fighting the Zerg.

kainee and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I do not think Vader will be in it, its too controversial to bring him back after his death meant for something. A force ghost yes very possible at the end of Ep IX. I think there is a strong possibility of a Sith Ghost Palpatine, he said he learned the secret to dying - a plot to seduce Anakin, that is likely but not a certainty, if they wrote that the Emperor did have that knowledge they can bring him back using some seeds planted in the PT and the conclusion to the OT that will go somewhat to connecting the NT to its ancestors which I cannot see a meaty way of doing it other than that. Rounding up the remaining Storm Troopers is weak, order 66 was 'beamed,texted, Skyped or emailed' to the Clone Troopers, surely there is a contingency to terminate that order without having to go find all of the troopers and kill them. Are the Storm Troopers cloned also? That's not a certainty, but perhaps the new animated show will show Storm Troopers and confirm they too are cloned just in a different uniform.

kainee and darklordoftech like this.
  21. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Definitely the first one for me, that's a certainty to make some money quick, deff don't do the first spin off on somebody new or lesser appeal, Disney wants their 4 Billion back quickly.

An idea that just occurred to me, is what if the spin off's are connected? We could get Han and Leia in them and no the new trilogy at all. Perhaps they were murdered and Luke goes bad after all in the NT.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I could see them throwing him in a vision or something. A bit like the cave scene in TESB.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    As I mentioned earlier on this thread a while back, I am betting that Darth Vader will not appear in episode VII-unless as a flashback or dream...

what I am quite sure of, is that we will see Darth Vader will feature in a spinoff Film. I don't believe for one second that Disney wouldn't take every opportunity to capitalize big time on their new ownership of the most iconic villain of all time!!

And if he did appear in a Spinoff I'd be perfectly fine with that!

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Rule out him being the main focus of a spinoff now that Star Wars Rebels is happening.

25. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    he will not be in the freaking movie if he was he will be a force ghost who is good