main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Actually there are some arcs in the Micro Series that they still haven't and now probably won't touch on in the Clone Wars, like the Droid attack on Ilum:

Of Course after watching part 7 again I noticed the Ventress Arc happens earlier in the Clone Wars, way past where they are now in the time line. Regardless, Its the attacj on Ilum and the Battle for Coruscant that I'm interested in.

:)

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    I really don't get the appeal of retreading that ground, or any of the Battle of Coruscant stuff. If they were going to do that, why not just remake the entire prequel trilogy? TCW has never remade stuff already covered in other media (besides occasional comics). Like you said yourself, the battles with Ventress in the microseries are different from those in TCW. Those events happen at different times; it goes like this:

1. Attack of the Clones
    2. Microseries, Volume I (wherein Padawan Anakin fights Ventress, and Grievous makes his first appearance)
    3. Microseries, the first bit of Volume II (where Anakin is knighted)
    4. TCW (2.16 and 1.16, then the movie, then the series and bonus material)
    5. Microseries, the rest of Volume II (after Anakin's knighting and a montage of his exploits, cutting to three years later, including Anakin's mission on Nelvaan and Grievous' attack on Coruscant).
    6. ROTS

Yes, I think TCW needs a conclusion, but butting right up against ROTS isn't the only option for a conclusion.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Unless they're going to animate Labyrinth of Evil, which they probably won't--in fact, I'm concerned that they'd retcon the hell out of it--I'd rather the bonus content not run right into ROTS.

4. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    The only thing I'm concerned about is them wrapping up Ahsoka's story, because I feel like her walking off into the sunset doesn't bring any amount of closure that's needed between her and Anakin. We at least need to know the direct reprecussions of that, either we need to be shown through an arc or a comic book or something.

5. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    I think there is closure between Anakin and Ahsoka. Basically Anakin cannot and never does let go of his attachments. His face says it and his words at the end of Season 5. "I know about wanting to leave the order" not "I know about you wanting to leave the Jedi order". It's all about his feelings and these lead to the destruction of those around him. Yoda gave Anakin a Padawan so the Padawan can be trained AND for Anakin to learn to let go of his attachments. The conversation between Luminara and Anakin emphasises this when Bariss and Ahsoka are buried on Geonosis. Also Yoda was pleased when Anakin accepted Ahsoka's independence at the end of the Padawan Lost arc. But that was only temporary. Ahsoka leaving was just another way that Anakin could not control the people he cared about leaving his life. That is the closure to the story between Anakin and Ahsoka. But it does not mean there is more to say regarding Ahsoka herself.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I doubt they will reach ROTS. Given how sudden the killing of the show was, I am assuming that we were, at least, a season away from the Battle of Coruscant and the events of LoE.

Sure, Filoni mentioned in an answer to one of my questions about Grievous and he said that towards the end of the war Grievous will get his kicks. Maybe he meant the events on Florrum and Dathomir.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/dave...happy-holiday-season-to-all/10150559352097571

The droid attack with the Chameleons on Illum should have been the second part of the Young Jedi arc.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan I doubt we would have saw the Battle of Coruscant in S6 since there was going to be at least 8 seasons, so we would more than likely saw that Battle in S8 and now with the cancellation, it's probably unlikely we get that Arc.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Exactly my point!

Darth Vader likes this.
  9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Still if what we've been told is to be believed we've got some of the best arcs coming up! And they may help lessen the blow...

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Hope you are right

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope Talzin appears in Rebels if she doesn't show up in the bonus content!

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    No, just before it, we've seen him run from Grievous plenty of times in SW:TCW.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Mostly because he didn't have a choice.

14. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The same can be said for Grievous, though when he does it he's called a coward...

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

It all depends on the POV!

16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Well -- that's how it's always viewed on the "right" side. I'm sure Grievous and the CIS considered Obi-Wan and the rest of the Jedi cowards.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Exactly what CIS fans want to point out to many of their fellow fans.

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    They already did the Battle of Coruscant. If people were hoping for a 3D animated version because they didn't like the quality of Genndy's version, then they were in for a rude awakening.

19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Frankly, we didn't need a TCW version of the Battle of Coruscant of the attack on Illum. They were done just fine in the Micro series and I doubt very much that TCW could improve upon it.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably could.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

There was no way with what we got on Ilum to beat what was perfect Yoda action in the old show. The three Ilum episodes from both shows were totally diferent from one another. TCW one was a youngling episode about new character. The two in the old show were a Yoda action episode and a Padme episode. We still got Ilum in all these episodes, but they were different in tone especially.

The same could be speculated about a Battle of Coruscant. So even if there is a Battle of Coruscant, doubt it, it would be a different take and it would hopefully not destroy the previous versions of it.

22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Ilum was great in both the microseries and TCW. I liked Luminara helping her Padawan create a lightsaber. Still, you can't help but wonder.

How did dependable Barriss go from this:
    [​IMG]

To this in two or three short years?
    [​IMG]

You know what they say, war is hell.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

I like how they twisted her in the end.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT YOU TAKE THAT BACK I'LL DESTROY YOU AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU LOVE YOU DESPICABLE PATHETIC USELESS SQUID THING AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

...whoops sorry there. Can't tell if it was the Barriss or the Coffee that was speaking.

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm surprised we didn't see more of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.