main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Leia's Dress at the Ewok Village

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DRush76, Jun 2, 2013.

1. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Where did Leia get the "Earth Mother" dress that she wore at the Ewok's village? Did she bring it with her or did the Ewoks provide her with the dress? If the former, why would she bring a dress along with her to Endor? And if the latter, why would the Ewoks have a dress for a Human woman available?

Oberst Hans Landa likes this.
  2. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    The Ewoks also do hair and makeup, apparently.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    The Ewok movies take place before RotJ, so they could have had the dress from when the Towani's were on Endor.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It's obvious:

The last random group of humans to land there didn't have a golden translator droid or a Jedi Knight with them, and Ewoks don't like the taste of fabric.

5. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    When I first saw Return of the Jedi I was very confused by that. Also confused as to why she'd stop to redo her hair when she's separated from her friends...

6. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    It's a little known fact that in the GFFA the ewoks are known to operate beauty salons and tailor/dry cleaner shops.

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It was a part of her emergency diplomatic kit.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It actually took 5 months in between when Chewie / Han / Luke & the droids were captured by the Ewoks to get to the village. The Ewoks kinda got lost and dragged them on an epic Lord of the Rings style quest that the movie skips over. (The rebel fleet near Sullust also took about 5 months to REALLY get prepared and for Mon Mothma and Ackbar to get Lando up to speed. Han leaving on the Endor mission really threw a monkey wrench into their prep. This long delay is also why the Emperor is much more irritable in third act of the movie). So, in the meantime, Leia made that oufit and braided her hair on her own cuz she was really really bored hanging out with Teddy Bears.

9. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Like her mother Padme Amidala & her cousin Vespa, Leia used to cart a ton of clothes around with her.

[​IMG]

10. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Agreed. Also knowing that they'd actually come to Endor to actually destroy the shield generator, why change out of your combat gear, given that you're obviously so close to a major imperial outpost?

11. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Seems like she was embracing Ewok culture or something.

While implausible, there's really nothing to go by otherwise. The Ewoks had the dress; whether they happened to have it (for some reason), or they made the dress at some point. I consider the latter to be the most likely, as we see some Ewoks do wear sorts of clothing.

Gosh, no detail is too small to be debated here.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  12. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    You are right about that.

Sock and Awe and DarthRelaxus like this.
  13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well we know they had fabric from those little poncho things they wear....;)

14. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    It is kind of weird. Maybe the Ewoks have a lot of lady friends over

15. LittlestEwok

LittlestEwok Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2013
    I found this weird, also. My take on it is that the Ewoks made the dress, and she did her own hair - after all, I can only assume that her hair in A New Hope was done by herself. I don't think they have hairdressers aboard rebel ships. The Ewoks made their headdress, I don't see why they couldn't pull off a royalty-like dress in the time she was there.
    Perhaps there is something comforting about the Ewoks that Leia decided to dress up.

16. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    We're definitely meant to get the impression that she had bonded with them, and them with her.

17. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Hey, what else are we supposed to talk about after having seen these movies 1,001 times? ;)

18. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Took the words right out my mouth. [face_laugh]

DarthBoba likes this.
  19. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Anyone who has ever travelled with a woman knows that Leia packed that dress, the makeup and hair products and at least four pairs of shoes.

FRAGWAGON and LittlestEwok like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Dude, you don't understand. Boots for hiking through the Endor forest, sneakers for speeder bike riding, slippers for bed in the treehouse with Han, and dress flats for dinner with the ass-kicking teddy bears.

And ass-kicking teddy bears are scared off by a woman with no makeup.

(I have no idea where the dress came from, never gave it much thought, I'd just assume it was in her backpack.)

DarthRelaxus and DarthDuckie like this.
  21. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Hey, far be it from me to question this kind of thing. I understand that much...

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  22. Charlie512

Charlie512 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 17, 2011
    I think that they may have gotten it from another traveling group of people who were unfortunate enough to find themselves passed through the digestive systems of the Ewoks.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Here, have this dress. I ate the last owner."

Isotope217, Jedi_Lover and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

"Awwww, Wicket, you sound so cute when you jabber at me in your native language. I just really wish I knew what you were saying."

*No, seriously, I ate the last person who wore it, sweetheart.*

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  25. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    My guess is that Wicket told the other ewoks about what Leia did to the Imperial invaders, that they immediately set to work making her a dress as a gift and probably adopted her as part of the tribe. The material for the dress was probably already on hand, so it shouldn't have taken too long to make. Leia would have gone along with the idea as a way of making new allies. I wonder if the ewoks would have made new clothes for Han, Chewbacca and Luke as well after they were adopted into the tribe? The movie probably ends just before Chewie tries on his new ewok hood!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.