main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I kinda feel like Roly should be an older character. Not based on anything concrete really other than that I think that for him to be taken seriously by Darman & Fi they would have to get the impression that he has some life experience behind his POV. I feel like he is more 60 than 30(or even 40).

2. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Here is my Melusar nomination, Ron Rifkin.

[​IMG]

3. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    i think you mean Darman and Niner, Fi was on Mandalore recovering and never met Melusar

Robimus likes this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    After a bit of thought I am going to nominate Tom Sizemore for the role of Roly Melusar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robimus and Tim Battershell like this.
  5. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I like Todd's idea for Parja. I was thinking of a less than white actress myself.:)

6. Strictly Commercial

Strictly Commercial Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2013
    Certainly there must be room for Michael Fassbender to join the cast.
    [​IMG]

7. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Fassbender would have been my Shysa choice

8. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    He is the spitting image of Pre Vizsla.

There certainly is room for Fassbender, all someone needs to do is nominate him;)

9. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    he would make a great Vizsla, consider him my nomination then

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oya manda! I've been a Mando fan since I read the Republic Commando books back in the fall of 2011. Hooked ever since. :)

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oya Revanfan, always a good to see more Mandalorian fans!

[​IMG]

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome!

13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Welcome here Revanfan!

14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Thank you, ner vod.

15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I was thinking about the RC series earlier today and I realized, Darman has the biggest temper out of all the commandos. Think about it: Atin, when he gets mad, has a cold, intense anger, but he only gets mad around Vau. Sev, he only gets angry at Geonosians and battle droids (and Fi). Darman? Even though he was supposed to be the calm one, he got mad a lot. For example, when he wailed away on Kal'buir. Did Kal do wrong by not telling him about Kad? Maybe. But did he deserve a tooth knocked out? No, probably not. Darman has a temper, man.

Robimus likes this.
  16. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Revanfan1 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, he deserved to lose a tooth :p

As much as Kal helped people he also screwed with their lives. He is lucky that is all Darman did to him.

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    It looks really cool; unfortunately, it looks like it has some Death Watch bunk in there, too. I hope it doesn't dwell too much on them...I wish TCW had never gone down that dark road and Death Watch had died with Tor Vizsla.

20. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Thing is it never did die with Tor, TCW aside. They were still operating on Endor in the Dark Times, as well as appearing in 501st. I'm thinking the book will integrate these well.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. What was the leader's name...Gedyc? We never found out much about him. Personally, I head-retconned that Gedyc is the guy in the TCW episodes with the Maul-style horns on his helmet, and he took over Death Watch after Sidious took Maul out.

[​IMG]

22. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Hello. Or should I say Su cuy'gar?

I'm a long time fan of the Mandalorians, been obsessed with their customs and people since at least 2000 when I read Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War while learning English, recently joined the TFN and pumped for Star Wars discussion. ;) Absolutely love how they have grown over the years; from Boba Fett to the True Mandalorians to new additions such as Kadikla, the Neo-Crusaders and the New Mandalorians. This thread seems like a good way to feed my obsessions with other Mandoheads (prefer that term to Fandalorian).

I disagree. I think that the Death Watch splinter group hasn't been touched on enough over the years. We never knew how they managed to recruit while in hiding (and they were in hiding nearly from the get-go, seeing as they were thought destroyed by Jaster Mereel when Jango was only a boy) or what their command structure looked like. In fact, their ideology thus far has been both "oppose the Supercommando Codex" and "return the Mandalorians to our former state as warriors". That's it for their ideology that we've known so far. All the other groups, except Kadikla, have been given entries in reference books in the past and we know how they operate. The problem with Death Watch is that they are secretive, and thus we know little about them.

Lorka Gedyc. Apparently took over before or just after Order 66. I like your thinking there -- this guy should definitely be named as him, although I really don't like the horns on the helmet for some reason.

Robimus likes this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Welcome Hansa, always a pleasure to meet a Mando. ;)

If Mandalorians are your thing, then you have certainly found the right place!

[​IMG]

24. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008

I have to say I'm pretty excited for this as well. Although, I don't really know how these books 'work', but are they actually situated within canon as actual things, with In Universe sources? If so, the following line (from the article) worries me: "When legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett met his untimely end at the Pit of Carkoon, the Rebel Alliance discovered a secure, blast-proof bounty hunter’s case holding Boba Fett’s personal items. For years it remained hidden away. But now all who wish may unlock the secrets held within . . . ." This seems like an intentional phasing in of a new canon (one in which Boba is dead) in preparation for the new movies.

As for the casting game!
    For Melusar, I nominate Kyle Maclachlan.
    [​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I would say it is an intentional phrasing, but remember, these books are in-universe, so really it's not canon that Boba is dead, just that whoever found the book and released it to the "galaxy" believes Fett to be dead. I find it likely that shortly after the mass publication, this author received a "visit" from Boba. A very angry Boba. Remember, Boba sold Slave I anonymously to the Rebel Alliance. It is likely they found this on the ship. There's your in-universe explanation and Boba still gets to live. :)

Also, as to Melusar, I always pictured him as, well, younger. Someone in his early to mid thirties. Don't know why, but that's always the image I got. Kind of like a Tom Cruise style character (though he didn't appear as T.C. in my mind).