main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What's your favorite Order 66 scene?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Klingon Padawan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The scene where Anakin is about to kill of the younglings.

Seagoat likes this.
  2. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Aayla Secura being shot in the back, while the Walker convoy keeps moving on.

3. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    The transition from Kashyyk to the Jedi Temple, and Anakin walking in to find the younglings in hiding, that whole scene in general. The music is so depressing, John Williams is a genius. It fits what is unfolding so well, firstly seeing a Jedi being shot in the back (so symbolic) and Anakin looking positievely evil silently walking into the Council chambers, the light reflecting off his hilted saber. The youngling's line, and Anakin coldly lighting his saber. Gets to me every time.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Also the scene with Bail Organa is one that absolutely chokes me up to watch. It's such short scene and not much happens but it is the stuff that is not said that is so powerful IMO. The tone in Bail's voice when the Clone troopers tells him it's time to leave speaks volumes to me. He knows the Republic is dead at that moment and he and his fellow senators are to blame because they stood by and allowed it to happen. Great scene!

5. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Yeah, "And so it is" is a great line, and you can really see the disust in the look he gives the Clonetrooper as he walks away.
    For me an interesting aspect of this scene, and the storyline in general is the fact the Senate remains in tact for the time being, and as well as that the Clones have no interest in arresting or killing Senators. It seems the Senate (or the general public) won't see the corruption in this regime until further down the track. Maybe I'm statting the obvious, but Anakin's turn makes more sense when on the surface Palpatine is fixing things, and preserving democracy, where Anakin knows deep down that Palpatine is evil, that he is selling his soul, and that he is taking the ugly (yet easier) way out.
    Having said this, I wonder if, partially, Anakin sides with the Senate during his turn simply because of the fact that Padme is a Senator. You can really feel it in the pledge scene... "I agree. The Council's next move will be against the Senate." Perhaps another layer to the selfishness of Anakin's turn?

6. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
    indeed

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    when Ki-Adi turns around and the troops all have their guns leveled on him. he sees what's happening which is sad, most of the other jedi never even see it coming.

8. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi.

9. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Anakin leading the Clone Troopers up the Temple steps is just an awesome scene. In fact it might by one of my favorite scenes of the PT. It illustrates so well what the Jedi have just had unleashed on them. And with Anakin out front, it doesn't take much imagination for me to see him decked out in the Vader suit with a sith lightsaber ignited leading his elite troops.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Have to say the scene where Yoda senses all the deaths. It's hard-hitting and emotional. A job well done.

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'd prefer not to like any of them, frankly.

But if I had to choose one, Anakin and the clones marching to the temple. The backlighting was great on that shot, and the music was perfect.

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I also like the Ki-Adi-Mundi scene, for two reasons: one, because of the emotion and realization on his voice.

Two, because after the finale of TCW, he honestly got what was coming to him. :p

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  13. Porkins4Ever

Porkins4Ever Jedi Master

Apr 12, 2005

I like this point about Padme being a Senator...It's like Palps is giving Anakin just ONE more reason to side with him and " do what must be done.." I just realized that the other day while watching ROTS for probably the 20th time or so....

14. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Why? What happened after the finale of TCW?.

For me it was also Ki-Adi Mundi, I felt really sorry for him. The look when he turns round, the expression in his eyes as he realizes he has been betrayed and he is ultimately doomed. The in vain attempt to try and counter them.

markdeez33 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    He treated Ahsoka like a common criminal, that's what. She was framed, and though the others on the Council were a little undecided on whether or not she was actually guilty, Ki-Adi just seemed sure from the beginning that she was guilty and he never even considered for a moment she might have been framed. Every time someone suggested it, he all but said "Nah, she's guilty." Mace was second worst on that account, and Yoda came close behind. In fact, in that arc Obi-Wan and Plo Koon were the only likeable Jedi on the Council.

16. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    That's pretty much the truth of it all the time.

darthbarracuda and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I especially love that because of the fact that Yoda tells Anakin earlier in the film that he has to teach himself to let go. Then once the Jedi are being killed, he feels each and every one of them go, and you can tell it's killing him inside. Isn't so easy, is it Master Yoda?

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  18. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Losing one person is one thing, but losing potentially hundreds is completely different. Yoda was feeling disturbed because he felt the deaths of a lot of people, just like Obi-Wan in ANH when the planet got blown up.

Also just thinking about it. I never really understood the Bail scene?. If you look at the Alliance scenes when Padme says about the Jedi, they then turn around and say there not sure about including the Jedi because they don't know how they come into it, which is like saying we don't really trust them enough.

But then with the attack on the temple, Bail says that the Jedi must be warned before they walk into this catastrophe. Which would imply that he knew the Jedi where the good guys.

This isn't the place for this conversation I know, but I think the Alliance should have included the Jedi it certainly would have given the Jedi a few more options when faced with how they should have taken down Palpatine.

19. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    Not necessarily if he wasn't expecting it. Not to mention that he now had the entire Republic army/navy gunning for him. The Jedi were initially taken quite by surprise and had little time to even think about escape before they were mercilessly eliminated. Very sad.... :(

20. TheDarkLordess

TheDarkLordess Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 5, 2013
    Definitely this... :cool:
    [​IMG]

...and this (which is quite sick) [face_devil]
    [​IMG]

21. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    That's a tough question, but probably the extermination of Aayla Secura on Felucia. Her group of clones respected her so much that they shot her rapidly so that her pain would be as quick and as limited as possible.

22. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Barriss Offee's death on Felucia (yes, she was hanging out with Aayla Secura):
    [​IMG]

Oh wait. That's EU. Not to mention it's probably been retconned thanks to TCW...

So I'll pick Darth Vader and the 501st Legion marching on the Jedi Temple. Love the backdrop. It's positively chilling that Vader, a Sith Lord, is marching up these very same steps where he last walked as Anakin Skywalker, a Jedi Knight.
    [​IMG]

23. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    all of them they were my favorite group of sci fi characters growing up but that scene with the children was wow

24. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    In a sense, Anakin did let them all go ;)

Circular_Logic and JoshieHewls like this.
  25. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i do love the jedi temple march and ki-adi mundi death scene

markdeez33 likes this.