main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga OT or PT?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Garrett Atkins, May 23, 2013.

?

Trilogy you like better?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2013.
  1. OT

78 vote(s)
    61.4%
  2. PT

49 vote(s)
    38.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Likewise, ask the Jedi who were killed on Geonosis and were all about to be massacred by the droids before the clones showed up. Or the droids that were then forced to retreat by the clones, or the Jedi who were butchered during 0rder 66 by the clones.

Anyway. I think the droids and AOTC clone troops look cooler than the stormtroopers. Their design is more elegant, more streamlined, less in-your-face obvious as the skull-faced stormies.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    [A Chorus of Disapproval, post: 50772938, member: 951755"]Since stating your opinion did not at all require quoting me or trying to use my wording against me, I assume you are openly baiting me?[/quote]

I didnt mean it that way, I was just saying how nostalgia doesn't get in my either when it comes to looking at the movies objectively.

3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    neither - Star Wars is the answer

minnishe and FRAGWAGON like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Episode 4 of the OT? Good choice. Good choice.

5. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    OT or PT?

...Yes.

Alexrd and FRAGWAGON like this.
  6. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    I really, really try hard to like the PT as much as the OT, but just can't.
    The difference is most likely my age and what I saw first.

OT - without a doubt

Garris Shrike likes this.
  7. Charlie512

Charlie512 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 17, 2011
    OT Mostly because ESB is one of my favorite movies of all time.

PT is OK though, wish they could have been truly great though. I do love the Star Wars saga.

8. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    there all called star wars lol...something

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Episode 3 of the PT is what he meant ;):p

10. butlerd

butlerd Jedi Master star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    OT for the most part though I loved ROTS! My favorite movies of the entire saga are TESB, ROTJ, and ROTS

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    When Episode 4 came out it was just called Star Wars. No Episode 1,4, A New Hope stuff.

12. CommanderTano96

CommanderTano96 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    I love both trilogy's as a whole and it was a very close call but the OT edged it just, probably because i feel as if the PT had more mistakes in it than the OT!

13. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

You might be certain about that. But I'm not, especially after my recent viewing of the OT.​

14. CommanderTano96

CommanderTano96 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    i am not certain, i may change my mind from time to time but currently i just feel as if the OT had more meaning to it but i admit i contradict myself a bit because my favourite movie is from the PT! i love both as i said but so...

15. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I have to chuckle at the rather pedantic replies of "the Saga" when that wasn't the question asked, or even an option.

It's the same when asked if someoneone prefers McDonalds or Burger king and get a "KFC" in reply.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy both trilogies for a variety of different reasons, but if someone asks me if I prefer PS3 or Xbox i'm going to telL them both are good consoles however the edge goes to PS3. It is ok to like one trilogy over the other.

My answer has changed over the years. But right now I believe the OT to be the superior trilogy. And no this isn't because I've listened to the sometimes snobbish remarks about them being better films in general, I just feel that from a story telling standpoint the OT tells it in a much better way. I also find the characters in the OT a lot more likable than I do in the PT. I don't think that is the fault of the PT especially, I can't relate much to any character in a movie these days, it's a totally different era.

That being said, AOTC remains my favourite Star Wars film visually, and despite all it's plot holes and not well handled scenarios, I still put the blame on ROTS, AOTC was supposed to be a mystery, it was the next film to give us the answers, which it failed to do.

Porkins4Ever and Carbon1985 like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed. Also if they can list their favorite order of the 6 movies in the Rate Episodes 1-6 Favorite to Least Favorite thread (and I know some of them have), they have no leg to stand on.

17. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    For the sake of answering the poll, I will make a decision. After watching the saga all the way through yesterday and today, I have to say I prefer the PT.

18. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I agree as there isn't anything wrong with saying you're a saga fan but like one trilogy over another or one movie over another. Its like thinking about your favorite band and how you probably like all of their albums, but some are better then others. I love The Who and think Quadrophenia, Tommy & Who's Next are their best albums but I still enjoy the other albums. Same with SW as I love the OT more but that's not a slight on the PT.

19. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Yes, he is definitely baiting you because he prefers the OT to the PT. You're just proving my point on my thread in Communications.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You must have missed the bolded part... as well as his explanation in response to this post... the one that calmly settled the whole thing. But, if you're still wandering around the boards simply looking to argue with people, I will gladly engage you in the privacy of UR. And the OT/PT will have nothing to do with it.

21. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    I didn't vote because I like the saga as a whole

22. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Saga, but if I had to choose one it would be PT. Visually amazing and great stories and characters. Love Episode 1, 2 and 3 :)

23. Porkins4Ever

Porkins4Ever Jedi Master

Apr 12, 2005

I was so happy that I saw this post. I recently watched the entire saga on blu ray for the first time in quite a while, and I was stunned at how visually arresting AOTC is. Despite its overstated flaws, IMO, I think I could watch that movie over and over and never get tired of how beautifully realized and shot the scenes are.

The opening sequence with the starfighter flying in is brilliant, the Kamino scenes are exquisite and the entire Geonosis part is so well done from a visual perspective. Even the Anakin scenes on Tatooine are shot really really well....

In TPM the color pallette seems a little more muted, and ROTS very dark, intentionally..AOTC really stands out for me as the most gorgeous SW film from a cinematography standpoint...

Is there a AOTC gusher thread I need to move this to??

24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

If you find one let me know. I'll be right there behind you.

darth_mccartney likes this.
  25. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I hereby change my vote to neither; Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor for the win, bitches!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ..."bitches!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.