main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Ewoks, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chainmail_Jedi, Feb 11, 2013.

?

Ewoks, Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

67.9%
  2. Nay

34.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Charlie512

Charlie512 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 17, 2011
    I think they are the worst thing to come to Star Wars pre-PT.

[​IMG]

2. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Why does every fanboy believe the Emperor when he says "an entire LEGION of my BEST TROOPS"? He had a small outpost of the usual conscripts. Remember, Palps is the devil character and he's at heart a liar. He tempts Luke to despair.

Still, even with the HANDFUL of LOSERS on the sanctuary moon, the Ewoks were losing the battle. It took their bandoliered cousin to pull out the victory. Exaltivit humiles!

YAY!

3. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Because it was a carefully laid trap to destroy the rebellion. The only reason to even entertain the idea that he was lying about it is to exuse what follows, the empire getting beat up by teddy bears

EvilQ and Jedi_Lover like this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I have to agree with this. A legion on Earth usually means over 5000 men. It didn't look like thousands of men were there.

Maybe in the SW galaxy a Legion really means a platoon. o_O And BEST means..."Marginal troops that can't hit the side of a barn with a blaster."

Andy Wylde and FRAGWAGON like this.
  5. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They were loser soldiers like the rest of them. The Emperor didn't plan on man-eating guerilla warfare.

Imperial CHUMPS!! YUB NUB!!

Andy Wylde and Jedi_Lover like this.
  6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I dont mind the Ewoks. I actually feel sad in that scene where the Ewok goes over to the dead Ewok :_|. Still I wonder what the Stormtroopers where thinking when they where outnumbered.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    And they were man-eaters...or at least attempted man-eaters, just ask Han and Luke. But the Ewoks weren't all bad. They were awesome at making dresses for human females...and do you think they braided Leia's hair?

8. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    I do like the Ewoks but unfortunately they make the stormtroopers look like a bunch of useless idiots. Not the battle hardened guys we saw in ROTS. It is just hard for me to accept that those guys could take on stormtroopers.

9. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    We have blasters and they don't.

10. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I'll never love the Ewoks. But . . . I'm getting used to them.

11. dsematsu

dsematsu Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2013
    Yay, totally. As young kid I always liked the ewoks and found it so sad when the one ewok was killed! They are there for kids, but then some of those kids grow up and reject all the childish aspects of Star Wars, which I think is a real shame. I still hold onto my inner child with pride and still get upset at that ewoks death scene. I find it sad people wish they weren't in the films, I love the atmosphere their civilization brings to Star Wars. I also love it thematically, that right can defeat wrong no matter the odds. It's a powerful message for children and adults alike, and in today's world, we need to be reminded that we still have a voice - a chance - in a culture that is losing its rights day by day.

Andy Wylde, Ewok Poet, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  12. CommanderTano96

CommanderTano96 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    I am a fan of the Ewoks at times but not at other times, just like what has been pointed in the majority of this thread! i like the way they are introduced and i am a big fan of Endor but i feel like they just make the stormtroopers look pointless and useless! The clones have always been portrayed well, in a strong and courageous way but the droids and stormtroopers are just portrayed terribly! The Ewoks walk away with few casualties whereas the a lot of the stormtroopers either are injured or killed!

13. CommanderTano96

CommanderTano96 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    Could you ever imagine Commander Cody or Captain Rex being taken down by Ewoks? i can't see it happening!

14. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Me too! However, I was 14 when ROTJ came out, so I wasn't as into the Ewoks as I would have been if I'd been younger, but I know how you feel, since I gladly embrace my inner child.

15. Keltoi89

Keltoi89 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2013
    Well, I said 'Yay' because they're harmless (for the most part), furry, little human eating balls of loveliness.

In all seriousness though, I was never bothered by them. Is it a tad far fetched the way they dispose of the Stormtroopers in the Endor battle scenes? Yes, of course it is, but this is the same series where a 7'0" tall, hairy dog like creature walks around with no pants on, clutching a crossbow and growling at everything that moves. That line was crossed long before Ewoks were even thought about.

They're in there for the younger viewers, which I also believe is the original target audience for these films.

Andy Wylde, Ewok Poet and FRAGWAGON like this.
  16. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    Yay because, although annoying at times, they actually played a significant role unlike Jar Jar Binks.

17. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    A long time ago I voted nay. They're very childish, they are the biggest downer of the OT and it's very, very hard to believe that a civilization that still uses spears, bows and arrows is able to defeat an entire elite legion of Palpy's troops. Along with the spaceship eating space-worm from TESB, an Ewok on a speeder-bike is the most ridiculous image of the saga.

18. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007
    Are you a Fox executive?

19. Keltoi89

Keltoi89 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2013
    Hahaha... I wish.

Besides, Ol' Chewie doesn't need pants or lederhosen's for that matter, there's a plentiful amount of fur just for that purpose.

My point of course was, that in sci-fi films, sometimes the ridiculous has a tendency to spring up a little more often than in other genres. Whether it be a group of 3'0" furry midgets, a 7'0" hairy dog or a giant worm managing to live in space without any notable means of breathing.

The space worm annoys me more.

Andy Wylde and FRAGWAGON like this.
  20. sith_rhino

Jul 9, 2007

Yeah, but that's part of the fun of sci-fi, that they can get away with some (but not too much) silliness.

Keltoi89 likes this.
  21. TheDarkLordess

TheDarkLordess Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 5, 2013
    Well, it's hard to deny that Ewoks are cute, but damn, they're so annoying! (in a ridiculous way) [face_beatup]

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I guess you didn't notice the empty stormtrooper helmets at the celebration at the end of the film. Plenty of manflesh for everyone who wants some.

23. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Besides the fact the ewoks were able to take down the Emperor's best battalion of troops (with rocks and spears), yay.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Manflesh...num num...

[​IMG]

sith_rhino and rumsmuggler like this.
  25. scotcat

scotcat Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    I voted yay for two reasons -
    1. Although annoying, the Ewoks are much less annoying than Jar Jar Binks.
    2. My step sister was petrified of Ewoks when she was little - my dad had to take her out of the cinema because she freaked out. I know that's a selfish reason for voting yes but I just find it so funny that my now 6 foot tall step sister freaked out over Ewoks :D