main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, is Last of Us out finally? Yeah, I have indeed been looking forward to that one for a while.

17. I'm not as hung up on the mistakes (though yes, I do see them as mistakes) of the Post-NJO as most of us, but if I was going to change one thing, it would be dark Jacen. Period. Everything else I don't care for flows directly from that. As meh as Dark Nest was overall, I actually like the way Jacen came across at that point--even if it was clear by then where we were heading. If they wanted to do PT 2.0 that badly, they should have jumped forward 20 or 30 years and used the next generation--it wouldn't have wasted a character we'd been following for fifteen years, it wouldn't have thrown Traitor under the bus, and it would've given everyone in the GFFA more time to recover from the Vong.

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    18. Which presidents do you most admire? Why?

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    These are the correct answers:
    President Marshall, Air Force One
    President Whitman, Independence Day

Mazzic and Gorefiend like this.
  4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    GET OFF MY PLANE.

5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    GET OFF MY THREAD.

18. I think Obama is doing the best he can with the situation he's been given, and a lot of what he's dealing with right now would be happening no matter who was president. Whether he's a farsighted savant or just making it up as he goes along remains to be seen. Lincoln, obviously, and Eisenhower, and FDR. Intrinsic to my understanding of the American presidency is a certain degree of soul-blackening, to be honest; I've said on my blog in the past that if I believed in hell, it's my opinion that most decent presidents would end up there, because not every problem at that level of authority has a good answer. Fortunately for American politicians, we're far more concerned with the targets of your sex life than of your bombs.

I do indeed admire President Whitman, or at least, I did until they gave him that stupid sitcom last year. Beck wasn't half bad, even if the world did kind of end on his watch. Foremost among the fictitious presidents is Bartlett, of course.

6. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    19. One Sentence or Less is one of the most popular threads in Lit. Once it ends are you planning to do something similar? Also will you be doing comic arcs?

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    19. Ends? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends. But no, at such time as I decide not to continue my total supreme authority over the thread I have no current plans for a follow-up. If anything, I'm thinking about upon whom I can foist OSOL when that day does arrive. I am, of course, archiving all the winners, and I have plans to republish them, with credit, once I feel like I've covered most of the main bases. Note that while the focus thus far has been novels, I do hit comics once in a while.

8. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    20. Republish them? Interesting choice of words there. You've got something planned?

9. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    20. Why thank you, PG, for that totally off-the-cuff, unprompted question.

*turns to camera*

With the help of some of our fellow Lit posters--including those known to mortals as Jello, Havac, and Jedi Ben--I'm getting back into the fansite game. After stumbling blindly around WordPress for a few months, I'm currently putting finishing touches on Eleven-ThirtyEight, which is both a conveniently generic SW reference and a play on Nate Silver's political blog FiveThirtyEight, which famously predicted the presidential race last year and is a rough model for the kind of site I want ETE to be--a serious, under-the-hood journalistic/op-ed site. There will be no news posting, because articles on ETE will be news. In addition to providing myself and the aforementioned folks with a home base for our psychotic and unique (or uniquely psychotic?) personalities, ETE will strive to present "big-picture" stories about SW and fandom, and help ease the transition into the ST era with a bare minimum of fanboy tantrums and doomsaying.

I also hope it'll be a nice counterpoint to the Lit community as it already exists--for those of you with long memories, I hope to bring EU Roundtables back into the picture after a break of oh, seven years or so.

Lastly, like I hinted in #19, ETE will be the eventual home of the ever-expanding compendium of OSOL winners, or what I'm tentatively calling The Pithy Reader's Companion. Currently I'm thinking that September might be a good time to launch Version 1.0 of that particular feature, as that'll be the one-year anniversary of the thread itself.

Because I love you all, interested parties can follow ETE's progress at eleven-thirtyeight.com; currently all that's there are ports of a couple old articles from my TOS blog several years ago, but those are as good a preview as any. Time will tell when the site officially goes "live", but you'll hear it here first.

In closing, PG, thank you for the great opportunity to partake in this interview thread, and for the honor or being selected to go first. I'll be watching your career with great interest.

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations on your new project.

11. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    And that's the end of the interview! The floor is now open for anyone to ask Coop questions. In a day or so we'll continue with AdmiralNick22!

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Coop: What is your preferred type of hat?

CooperTFN likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Boxers.

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's true. Combined with the sombrero underwear, it's a very distinctive look.

ma_petite likes this.
  15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Please, people, one at a time--there's enough of me to go around.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Which non-human species is your favourite?

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I have one for you Coop. The sort of important, deeply personal type of question you are looking for:

What sort of whisk(e)y do you drink. And if the answer is none, what is wrong with you? :p

--Adm. Nick

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Gamiel - that's like picking a favorite child! But I suspect there's more going on with the Columi than they let on.

AdmiralNick22 - when I do? Maker's Mark. But my alcohol of choice is Magic Hat #9, as I don't need hard liquor in my life to compensate for anything. :p

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Funny thing, I recently bought Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races and was just thinking about if I should try to use them in my game

20. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    What is your favorite cartoon from your childhood?

Oh, and will you marry me?

21. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    What type of character do you like the most?

Then, what specific character do you identify with the most?

Type of course being just like character classes in video games, the Jedi, the Sith, the Bounty Hunter, the Smuggler, etc.

22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Mazzic -

Batman TAS and The Critic (though I didn't get half the jokes).

Sorry, I remain the straightest man in the dance company. Also I'm allergic to California. But if you send me one of your hot female friends, I'll send you a hot male dancer.

Mazzic likes this.
  23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    DarthJenari -

To paraphrase from an earlier question, characters who feel a step removed from all the genre nonsense surrounding them. Like 21 and 24.

Officially? Obi. Unofficially? Joram Kithe.

I don't really think in terms of character classes (down with the class structure, man!) But on those terms? I usually go for mercs or spies.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who/what are 21 and 24?

Also: What non-Jedi or non-Sith Force tradition would you want to se more of?

25. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    Which of the characters from the movies do you feel has been portrayed to their most potential in the EU and which characters do you feel have never hit that potential?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.