main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Community' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Forever Red does hold some Nostalgia bringing back old rangers. My problem with it is even for Power Rangers it creates a mess. I loved seeing Bulk and Skull but how the hell did Bulk get back from Mirinoi? Perhaps it was Bulk who somehow brought Alpha 6 back in Once a Ranger. It also give powers back to some Red Rangers who should have been powerless but on the other hand how Tommy lost his Zeo Powers before Dinothunder is one my favorite PR fanons. There is a setup for a Power Rnagers was in there happening off screen. I also hate how that waste of skin Cole saved the day. Originally there was supposed to be a big zord battle with many zords from the past from what I've heard but it was scrapped for budgetary and time consuming reason. Lately, Forever Red is my favorite example of what can go wrong when a big fan gets in the writers seat and has a chance to really put his fanfictions into play.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Zeo powers weren't destroyed unless they went down when the Command Center was destroyed in Turbo but came back for Forever Red. The Zeo Rangers should have fought Divatox and she defeated them badly and they had to go to the Turbo powers. Wonder how the Turbo, and the Mighty Morphin Powers came back? Time was able to give enough juice to allow one last morph? I remember Serpentera from the old days and that thing was scary. Not so much in Forever Red.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I always Headcanon'd that Demitria or some other Eltarian gave the various Red Rangers back their powers for that one mission.

Speaking of Demitria, anybody else ticked that the plot point of her and Divatox being sisters was seemingly dropped during Turbo?

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That headcannon makes sense Juliet316. What happened to her after Turbo anyway? That would have made for an interesting confrontation. Just like with Rita and Zordon. They fought each other 10,000 years ago or whatever it was and tried everything to stop each other this time. Same with Zedd. Then Rita and Zedd tried to bring down the Machine Empire.

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I think the story was she went back to Eltar to help look for Zordon (who Dark Spectre had kidnapped), but beyond that she was never seen or heard from again.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well here is Amit Bhaumik's (the writers) take on how specifically Jason, Tommy, and TJ might have gotten their powers back. Its Jason and TJ who are the biggest question since Jason's Tyrannosaurus power coin was destroyed by Rito while in Rocky's possession. Yes Adam morphs with his very damages Mastodon coin but it was highly dangerous and unstable. The Turbo powers were mostly destroyed in the battle at the end of Turbo although Justin did get his powers back briefly from Storm Blaster.

"Jason and T.J. both lost their powers previously. Jason's power coin was destroyed by Rito Revolto(while in the possession ofRocky DeSantos) and T.J.'s powers were destroyed in the final battle between the Turbo Rangers andDivatox. The episode did not explain how these powers were restored, or how the Tyrannosaurus coin was returned to Jason. When asked about the Red Ranger 's restorations on Facebook,Amit Bhaumiksays, "My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but the short of it is Tommy, between leaving inTurboand reappearing in Forever Red, goes to Zordon's homeworld of Eltar around Lost Galaxy/Lightspeed Rescue timewise. There he finds the remains of Alpha 5 and takes him to be rebuilt as Alpha 7 (the one you saw in Forever Red). He also uncovers the source of Zordon's powers and restores the Red Zeo Crystal giving him his Zeo powers back. Some time around then he restores Jason's power coin. Lightning Cruiser was modified and became the new source for TJ's Turbo powers (in much the same way Storm Blaster powered Justin's morpher inTrue Blue To The Rescue. It is possible the car he pulled up in Forever Red was supposed to be Lightning Cruiser." Alternatively, Chris Funaro has said that Amit considers theMarvel ComicsMighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Ninja Rangers comicflipbook that introduced the Dark Rangers and saying Jason got his Power Coin back from Red Dark Ranger, Osamu. However, none of these explanations are explicitly shown in the episode.Many fans felt that Cole's use of the Wild Force Rider to destroy Serpentera was aDeus ex machinaof the episode. Serpentera had been shown to be a powerful war machine and "the greatest zord ever built" and the fact that a single Ranger could take it down without even using a zord was considered improbable. However, some also claim that the Wild Force Rider, being a gift from Animus, considered to be a god, (as well as the possible disparity between Wild Force and Mighty Morphin' powers) made it possible that a single Ranger could defeat Serpentera"

7. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Pic from the Anniversary Episode

[​IMG]

Tommy as Green Ranger for the Win. TJ for the win. And as I figured all the other Rangers will appear already morphed in order to get around the actors not showing up.

Always thought the Pink Space Ranger was hot.

EDIT: Here's another

[​IMG]

Seerow and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Kim is always the best pink ranger.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow Cassie is back! And Green Ranger! That's awesome to see although this might make my head spin.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm assuming they'll just wash over Tommy's green ranger powers being destroyed. Which they've done before with Adam and the mighty morphin powers.

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    JDF says White Ranger will appear as well

Seerow and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm assuming they'll just bring back Green Ranger and others without explanation as is the Power Rangers way leading to dangerous amounts of fanon.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Do you guys think the MMPR S1 rangers really are that awesome or just because they are the first?

To me, Jason and Kim are the best, Jason was the perfect red and leader, Kim has everything that a heroine of her age should have.

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Season one is still the best structured season. And it's one of those things where everything comes together perfectly. The right cast, the amount of footage, the cool concept. IT had the luxury of being the one to do it all first. The cool six ranger, the cool zords, the cool combination of Zords. And going by the seasons that have followed the acting was better too. Not that it's saying much.

It's also pure 90's.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    One of the best ever quotes from MMPR was after their first morph and they were teleported to Angel Grove to fight Goldar and Kim (I think it was or maybe it was Trini) asked what was happening and Jason said "We're going to save the world!" That was epic imo.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The first episode's best part is Kim's joke in the end.

Who is Jen? Seems like many fans put her as the best pink ranger before Kim.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Pink Tme Force Ranger.
    She is up there on the list for me. She was the leader of the team after all.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    She was the Pink Ranger from Power Rangers Time Force who was basically in the role of leader that's usually the Red Ranger's role (the Red Ranger in this series was the rookie).

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wasn't there one series with a talking CGI hamster? Ninja Force?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Still, Kim is the best, nobody could compete with her.

I watched the show in Chinese during my childhood, the Chinese dubbed voice of Kim is a bit more mature than her real voice, also Goldor and Zedd's dubbed voice is better than the original, less chessy.

21. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    On what are you basing that?

I mean, what's the category? Your adolescent fantasies?

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ninja Storm.

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Kim is no doubt, the most popular female ranger.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The original Red Ranger in Time Force was killed by the villain who escaped into the past and the other rangers had to find a replacement. Jen and Wes is one of my most favorite pairings.
    I Are The Internets Yes Ninja Storm. When the other students were captured and the dojo was ransacked some magic turned the Sensei into a hamster.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Rip off from TMNT?