main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How should Vader be handled in the series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    He got owned by the clone Maul and only turned the table by surprise. He also had little advantage against Boba Fett.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I see

V-2 likes this.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, but he still gets more respect and love than most characters.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Clone Maul isn't canon and the Boba thing ... well, worf effect in action.

Vaders badassery still outweighs those weaker portrayals. Like when he fought against eight Jedi masters? What a slaughter.

V-2 and Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan like this.
  5. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    @Darth_Pevra, I believe Vader left the ring pretty mangled. Badass, no doubt. Slaughter? That implies it was a walk in the park and boy was it not.

Regarding the thread's subject, Vader should be used sparingly and, when he does appear, portrayed in the vein of TFU2.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yea, I tend to exaggerate a bit sometimes.

Didn't he get mangled pretty badly in TFU2? I never played the game, only heard rumors.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, that's because he is a iconic character and is probably one of the top 5 villains

8. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    He loses his fights to Starkiller in both games. But in TFU2, Vader is... well, he's infinitely more badass than he is in any of the films IMHO. The only depiction of him off hand that rivals it is Ghost Prison and both were penned by the same man, Hayden Blackman. Vader in TFU2 is aloof and implacable; unlike the visibly agitated and slightly neurotic Vader of ANH, TFU!Vader is poised, calm, and always in controleven when he's defeated, if that makes any sense.

My favorite scene comes from the TFU2 novel wherein Starkiller is using the wreckage of a Nebulon-B frigate to pierce the Imperial blockade of Kamino; he intends to use the ship as a torpedo to destroy Vader's cloning laboratories and end his scheme. Vader steps outside and watches the atmospheric reentry; Starkiller and Vader lock eyes and Starkiller bolsters the ship's momentum—and Vader just steps aside and reveals Starkiller's love interest, Juno Eclipse, in chains behind him. Starkiller freaks and desperately tries to alter the ship's trajectory and is forced to destroy it in a powerful Force repulse.

And, from start to finish, Vader never wavered, never flinched.

No words, all badass.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Clone Maul is canon, Old Wound is not canon while its idea was adapted by TCW.

10. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Oh, Ghost Prison and Force Unleashed 2 were written by the same person? That explains a lot to me.

(Those are the only two portrayals of Vader in the EU I find very out of character, but that's just my opinion. I liked Force Unleashed 1 more.)

11. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Huh, interesting. Mind expounding a bit?

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    ANH Vader is not that badass on power, he could not take down the old Obi Wan in short time, which Dooku easily did when he was fighting Anakin at the same time.

13. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Ghost Prison: I can't buy the idea that Darth Sidious would get sick in the first place, and Vader would protect him out of the pure goodness of his heart. Aside from that, Vader raging in the council chambers because they hid the prison from him. (Mainly because I'd figure he blames the Jedi for his being burnt alive, so the Ghost Prison would be the least of his beef against the Jedi). The whole slaughtering Jedi and imperial cadets like nobody's business is in character though.

Force Unleashed 2: I never played it through so correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like Vader is entirely focused on kidnapping Juno Eclipse. I think that's a small-scale mustache-twirling villain thing to do. To focus on Starkiller's clone (Which Vader MADE in the first place) when there is the entire rebellion to contend with? Also doesn't the rebellion capture and place him in jail? Don't see how that would last long.

Darth_Pevra and Sable_Hart like this.
  14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    How should Vader be used, not how Vader was used.;)

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I could very much see Rebels not having Vader in it at all, or at least not showing him in person.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Do not say that, he should be in it :p

17. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Plus, it would be kind of strange not to see Vader at least once in this show.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly!!!!

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  19. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    It's not that I don't want to see him, just that I could totally believe they would leave him out as a real character. Maybe just use short glimpses of him, talk about him, use his imagery, etc. Sort of like the Emperor in the OT before RotJ.

Hansa and VanishingReality like this.
  20. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I think Vader should be used as comic relief. He could be chasing the good guys, but trip on his cape. Then say "that wasn't wizard at all," then "NNNOOOOOOO!!!" when he sees they have escaped. And he should do other stuff like this...

VanishingReality likes this.
  21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll except humor from wit or in a sick way from Vader, kinda like in FMA when Scar (who is this guy who makes peoples heads explode on the inside with basically a touch) kills the two doofuses who try to attack him in the Ishvalan refugee camp. He shouldn't be used like a typical cartoon henchman who gets clipped after a few appearances for comic relief.

22. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    So not checking out that Robot Chicken thing.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Check out the first two seasons. After that RC gets repetitive.

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    NO!!!!!!!

25. Saga_Symphony

Oct 30, 2010
    I'll pass, no offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.